Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RainbowLight multi-color flashlight

This app is very smooth. Somehow relaxing. What about making it possible to glide through the spectrum by move and release. Maybe an option to set friction value (or something) from 0 (non-stop color fun) to 100 (like it is now).

Btw: I need those rounded cornered squares to keep my baby unified, so I've made a new icon for the application. You are free to use it if you want (gotta keep those babies unified )

http://alex.irriterende.org/rainbowlight.png

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

when ever u drop something in the dark outside this is very useful

u can unstick pixels with somethign like this u need a fast flashing red green blue video

Default Graphics.Services.h in new SDK?
    NetMage, do you know if Graphics.Services.h will work with the released version of the SDK? There isn't enough exposed in what Apple provides in the SDK (or I just can't find it). About the only way I can try and program a backlight and volume dimmer is going to be to add the functionality I need, and your code is the only way I can do that, I think.

--skybolt (ultra newbie dev with delusions of grandeur)

Great app, I have used it on my first gen iPhone on 1.1.4. Will it become available on firmware 2.0.1? Do you have a timescale?

skybolt: the SDK does not allow changing the backlight brightness and Apple would not approve Erica's light that did this.

Kolob: I have been trying to decide if I should release it as a jailbreak application or official application ($0.99 ) as I will have to give up the backlight feature since Apple will not allow competing distribution channels for Applications.
    I believe I am about to be accepted so I will probably release it as an official application. I have requested that Apple add an official API for backlight adjustment, but I don't think that will be a priority for them.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Is the backlight feature the extra "brightness"? If so I would much prefer the jailbreak release and probably wouldn't use it if it didn't have this feature on Apple appstore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

no backlight is useless......
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

Yeah... if you release it as-is for $0.99, only with the whole backlight changing feature disabled... people are gonna call it a ripoff and consistently do 1 or 2 star reviews.

Default 2.2
    Is there anychance of getting this to adjust backlight, i will pay the 99c if it will adjust backlight

Default Can't Reset To Previous Backlight
    Thanks for the code NetMage, but I can't get backlight to reset to previous though... it always changes backlight to 0 when exiting the app?

I thought that the level is stored in springboard plist. I just had to read it at app load and set it again at app will terminate.

I thought this is what your method did... so why does it not change back to what the user set it at?

Has apple changed something?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12