Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [UPDATED RELEASE - MAY 2008] - ORB LIVE For Iphone "UPDATED" On INSTALLER!!!!

Default [UPDATED RELEASE - MAY 2008] - ORB LIVE For Iphone "UPDATED" On INSTALLER!!!!
    ORB LIVE UPDATED ON INSTALLER!!!

MAY 23,2008

ORIGINAL WAS: Version 2.00.0553

NEWLY UPDATED VERSION: Version 2.01.0575

I looked for any differences. The only change I was able to find was that when your watching a show, and then you go back into the menu settings, while that show is still playing, that show will minimize to the top right of the phone into a small viewable screen. So it's playing Live, but really small at the top right of your screen. So now you can scroll through your other Live TV guide listings, while the show you had previously selected continues to be viewable at the top right of the iphones screen, all be it really small though, LOL. Kool feature I guess. Maybe they might have also fixed some "under the hood" bugs too. But thats the only difference I was able to see. No additional setting,,,or configurations you can mess with. Same ones as before.

Let me,,,,us,,,,,,know if you find any other changes.....

UPDATE: I got in touch with ORB headquarters and this is what they said on the updates:

Here is the list of enhancements.....

-New video thumbnail view when browsing while video is playing in the background
    -New ability to sort audio by track number
    -New mute capability for videos
    -Disabled auto-lock while playing video
    -Improved feedback while buffering
    -General performance improvements
    Last edited by iphoneuser2008; 2008-05-23 at 09:51 PM. Reason: n/a

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iphoneuser2008 For This Useful Post:

Pedestool (2009-02-17)

they need to fix the video fast forward and rewind it doesnt work

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rsxmachine For This Useful Post:

Pedestool (2009-02-17)

Does Orb has this function that it keep the WiFi alive?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sarwar For This Useful Post:

Pedestool (2009-02-17)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

it would be nice if the add the "awake computer feature" that's on orblive web version....for when ur computer is asleep.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ripped53 For This Useful Post:

Pedestool (2009-02-17)

I did the update... now if my phone locks when the TV is playing I can not unlock my phone anymore.

It has happend twice now... both times I had to restore and re-unlock

Is anyone else having this issue?

Kind Regards
    Dan

10. The Following User Says Thank You to danton1316 For This Useful Post:

Pedestool (2009-02-17)

Quote Originally Posted by danton1316 View Post
    I did the update... now if my phone locks when the TV is playing I can not unlock my phone anymore.

It has happened twice now... both times I had to restore and re-unlock

Is anyone else having this issue?

Kind Regards
    Dan
    well I cant explain why its doing that on your phone,,,I can tell you that after installing the new orb, this has been my experience.

I activate the orb program,,,,go to "TV",,,,,my TV guide opens,,,I select a live channel to watch,,,,and BAM,,,,,,it plays. I turn my phone sideways to landscape,,,and it plays full screen live. Now when I wanted to get out of the full screen mode,,,I can do 1 of 2 options.

(1) tap on the screen in full screen mode and the option icons light up and come on,,,,using these buttons, I can stop,,,turn off program,,,etc.

(2) when the program is playing on full screen, I can just press the iphone "home buton",,,and it goes to my main iphone icon screen,,although the program still plays in the background,,,as i can hear it playing. This method wont stop the program,,but it still illustrates that i'm not locked in,,,and can get out.

As far as ORB LIVE "Locking" and not allowing me to exit out of the program,,,or ORB locking in anyway way while it is playing,,,I have never experienced anything locking on me. Orb has never locked on me in anyway, manner, or fashion,,,whether playing or not playing. I have always been able to get out of the ORB program if needed using option (1) above.

So I am not sure why it is doing this for you,,,,,But as you can see,,,it is not happening on my 1.1.3 ziphone jailbroken/unlocked phone.

hope you find the solution.

latter
    Last edited by iphoneuser2008; 2008-05-25 at 12:54 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iphoneuser2008 For This Useful Post:

Pedestool (2009-02-17)

The program is not locking.

The iPhone locks (as normal) but, then when I slide to unlock the phone it makes the noise and then just re-locks itself.

- Dan

1 thing i hope they can fix, is the forward and rewind function. Then it will be a perfect app!

I found others with the same issue...
    Orb Community View topic - BIG problem

I hope the next update fixes this.

- Dan

i keep getting "error failed to play this video" when i try to watch stuff on it gonna try uninstall reinstall
    if this post help click the thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

I just had the same problem.
    Here is the fix:

this problem comes mostly when you are streaming live tv, but may happend with any other stream like browsing a folder for a video or watching your webcam.
    the reason of that is because orb write a temp string in the springboard prefs to turn off the auto-lock, when you close orb by just pressing the home button or pausing the stream orb doesn't erase that temp string because it still in the background and it's still loged in, but the systemprefs of the phone try to fix that temp string by turning on the autolock again causing a conflict between the strings so when you try to unlock the phone the springboard unlock it immediately because when you unlock the phone orb try to rewrite again the same string and open itself from the background, that's why even when you turn off the phone the problem persiste, the plist is already corrupted.

you have to replace the com.apple.springboard.plist that is the path /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ in my case i'm using a 1.1.4 iPhone and i moved the apps to the big partition with BossTool i don't know if the path vary when the apps are still in the small partition.
    After reboot the Phone you'll get the first message of the springboard, the one where says that you can rearrange the icons. you will lost some customizations like status bar, iPhonehome, icon arrangement, but it's better than just restore the whole iPhone.
    That's it. I said is a temporally fix because if you open orb.app again you may have the problem again.

Update
    If you don't want to have that problem again when you close orb.app don't just press the home button neither pause the stream video to later press the home button, you have to close it by going to settings/exit or press and hold the Home Button until you get the springboard screen. That way it closes the login and the stream cache disappear as well the as the wifi stop and the auto-lock pref goes to normal.
    I'll hope that orb.app fix this bug in the next update.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ