Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iScreenShot, Take screenshots wirelessly to your PC

Default iScreenShot, Take screenshots wirelessly to your PC
    Well just found this, it takes a screenshot wirelessly from your phone to your PC. I tried it and it does work, it even took a screenshot from the camera app meaning what the camera is seeing you can take a screenshot of.
    I put up some screenshots and the app itself.
    Just unrar on your pc run the exe file, type your ip of your phone along with your username and password. Which should be root/alpine for 1.1.3 if you did not change it. One more thing, I found this app it is not mine.
    The first time you run it it gives an error but the second times it works. It seems it does install something on the phone the first time it runs. Enjoy

And always all thanks clicks appreciated.

Edit: It does install a Screenshot.app in your applications directory of your phone.
    Edit: Don't forget to specify a directory for the pictures to be saved in :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -new.png   -5152008152731875.png   -5152008152923796.png   -5152008153028734.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-05-15 at 03:08 PM.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

ennala (2008-05-21), jtanner (2008-05-15), name00 (2008-05-19)

looks interesting! could be turned into a wireless webcam with the right software then
    do'h

Yeah wireless webcam and wireless screenrecorder if the fps is high enough. But it does make a good spycam :-) If the person watched does not see the (tiny) iphone.

can i use this with mac ?

No, sorry the app is for windows only. But I'm sure something for mac will show up. Maybe there is already?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wat is the source of the app plz?
     Think Different

Wish it could save your settings

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    wat is the source of the app plz?
    It is not on installer yet, but you can download and install manually if you want.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

This isn't exactly what I thought it was. I thought it was an app that when you took a picture with your iPhone it sent it directly to your computer.
    This is an app that you use on your computer and when you press the "Take Screenshot" button on the app is takes a picture of whatever is on the phones screen at the time and saves that picture on your computer. It works but it's not useful to me.
    By the way, you have to turn SSH on for it to work.
    Last edited by GADeputy; 2008-05-18 at 10:23 PM.

iScreenShot can not be opened, dude give me a different one thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by name00 View Post
    iScreenShot can not be opened, dude give me a different one thanks alot
    It has been downloaded 98 times, you're first that can't open it. But here ya go Buddy, I zipped it up for you. Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

name00 (2008-05-19)

Quote Originally Posted by iBlade View Post
    It has been downloaded 98 times, you're first that can't open it. But here ya go Buddy, I zipped it up for you. Enjoy
    by the way, i dont really get how it works, can you tell me more specific please, that would be awsome, thanks a lot man
    do i have to install something on PC and iphone as well. plz show me how
    Last edited by name00; 2008-05-19 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typing error:D

Sure, just unzip the folder to your desktop, open the folder and you will see the iScreenshot.exe file. Make sure your phone is connected to your pc with wifi, check your ip address on your phone, click the exe file and then you will see the settings for iScreenshot. Put your info in ip, name, password (root,alpine) choose a directory for your saved screenshots and click connect. It will take two times because the first time it does install a iScreenshot.app on your phone. And finally after clicking connect again it will take and save a screenshot of what is currently on your phone to your pc.
    Hope this helps and you get it running.

Edit: I took a screenshot of my iToday screen for you to see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -5192008183980.png  
    Last edited by iBlade; 2008-05-19 at 05:42 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

name00 (2008-05-19)

i got my iphone, laptop both are conneted to my router, is that ok
    Last edited by name00; 2008-05-19 at 05:48 PM.

Yes it is. Just click the exe file on your pc, and on the little screen (like you can see on my first post) click the connect button, after it connects it will change to Take Screenshot, after you click that it will be saved to your pc.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlade For This Useful Post:

name00 (2008-05-19)

got chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, it works perfectly perfect, thank you so much
    gotta show my friends

by the way, this is a step ahead in oder in make a app like wireless webcam:d
    got an idea?
    Last edited by name00; 2008-05-19 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I sure hope so that we will have a wireless webcam someday. I remember seeing a youtube vid of a guy showing it but so far nothing is out yet.
    I'm glad you got it working.
    PS: Remember you can take a screenshot while your camera is open, what you see is what you get :-) Kinda spycam.