Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2092

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New Killer App] IntelliScreen - Your "Slide to Unlock" Screen on Steriods

Will 2.0 version come via Cydia, or wait till Installer version is out for 2.0?

The Dev stated earlier that there is no ETA on 2.0 release. So it all depends. May be on Cydia or Installer.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Cydia is looking like it has taken over Installer.
    Good residence! Just needs a couple of adjustments...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

After installing ver 1.9, I restarted my iPhone, only for it to perpetually hang on the apple logo. It keeps on restarting.

Firmware: 1.1.4
    Jailbroken/Unlocked using ZiPhone 3.0

What might be the issue? And how can I correct it without having to restore my iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by kursed View Post
    After installing ver 1.9, I restarted my iPhone, only for it to perpetually hang on the apple logo. It keeps on restarting.

Firmware: 1.1.4
    Jailbroken/Unlocked using ZiPhone 3.0

What might be the issue? And how can I correct it without having to restore my iPhone?
    This is EXACTLY why few consider me to have an attitude! did you actually read anything first or just stumble onto the site and post (as its you first!??)

if you were to READ just about 9 posts higher (so still on this page) you would SEE the solution - i hope you got SSH installed though
    do'h

Actually I do have SSH installed. But since I'm unable to actually boot in to my iPhone GUI (Springboard). How am I supposed to connect it to 'WiFi'? (which so happens to be a new connection, and thus would need 'manual' input from me in order for iPhone to connect to it).

No WiFi = No SSH (Since I've not installed that command line tool). So I'm in kind of a fix, right now.

Actually I do have SSH installed. But since I'm unable to actually boot in to my iPhone GUI (Springboard). How am I supposed to connect it to 'WiFi'? (which so happens to be a new connection, and thus would need 'manual' input from me in order for iPhone to connect to it).

No WiFi = No SSH (Since I've not installed that command line tool). So I'm in kind of a fix, right now.
    Well 1stly, you dont need the Springboard to be able to connect. Had your wifi of already been connected and set to automatic, it would of connected even whilst at the apple logo with spinning wheel. i know for a FACT because ive done it myself. you say a new connection? - why is it new? by that i mean is it a new router or you've only just installed wifi? what? im presuming you had wifi to download intelliscreen in the first place - so im unsure why you would have it set to manual??

perhaps you should have stated in your previous post that your wifi isnt wokring. - if this is case, you could attempt to use iPhoneBrowser or iBrickr to access the files but since if never tried this myself i dont know if it will work whilst stuck on the spinning wheel & apple logo - in theory tho, i dont see why it wouldnt. If SSH allows you the access then both of these should too (i think :S)

If you get access using either of those two (they use the USB Cable) then you can follow the post above and edit the file as explained

ps. not got what command line?
    Are you on a MAC or a PC?
    do'h

The wifi (on my iPhone) is set to automatic, but i've only recently installed a new router (the old one gave up) in my place and I downloaded intelliscreen using EDGE.

P.S.
    I'm on a PC.

P.P.S.
    I'm downloading iBrickr to see if it can give me access to files on my phone.

Oh well, IBrickr is telling me to 'free' my iPhone (it's unlocked, jailbroken). I don't suppose, that I should click on that button, right?
    Last edited by kursed; 2008-07-24 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The wifi (on my iPhone) is set to automatic, but i've only recently installed a new router (the old one gave up) in my place and I downloaded intelliscreen using EDGE.
    Ah....crap :S lol

let us know how you get on with ibrickr. Dont forget to try iPhoneMediaBrowser - (i think its part of iPhone PC Suite now - serach these forums, its here somehwhere)

oh god - i forgot that, nate true's ibrickr requires a different type of access... i forget what clicking it does - i think its ok - but for god sake search a bit first. I remember it changes or replaces a .plist file to allow APC (i think thats what it was) - basically it allows direct file browsing. Try and get the iphone browser first, then if that doesnt work try ibrickr and click the button
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-07-24 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    do'h

Oh well, while iPhonebrowser is giving me access to my phone, it's not showing any of the system directories for me to make above mentioned changes. It's simply showing me media related directories and that's about it. Here is a screenie for your reference.

Oh well, while iPhonebrowser is giving me access to my phone, it's not showing any of the system directories for me to make above mentioned changes. It's simply showing me media related directories and that's about it. Here is a screenie for your reference.
    Bugger - well, since your phones basically buggered any way - you have nothing to lose by clicking the button in ibrickr - i think it needs that patch then to allow system file access... be interesting to retry iphone browser after nate's patch!

Hey man, at least your one step closer

added:

If you look at the the status bar for the program "connected - not jailbroken" - its got the same prob as nate trues - it requires an "additional" 'jailbreak' before you can access all files. - i used quotes etc on jailbreak coz whilst its already jailbroken - the methods are slightly different. there is a fix on installer - but since you cant do that youll have to bite the bullet and click it i think!
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-07-24 at 07:19 PM.
    do'h

You can try going to Installer and installing Ziphone Ibrickr fix. I remember my phone looked like that before installing the fix and it worked.

Well you can try that whenever your around wifi that is.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    You can try going to Installer and installing Ziphone Ibrickr fix. I remember my phone looked like that before installing the fix and it worked.

Well you can try that whenever your around wifi that is.
    no good if he cant get to springboard lol

Mate,

use you PC & download this file:
    iBrickr Fix

then,
    Copy
    /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist
    TO: /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist.backup
    open the zip file, and place it in /System/Library/Lockdown/

Then reboot again and you should be good to go...

Of course the catch22 is most likely gonna be you cant access those files without the fix, but you cant fix coz u cant get to the files :S
    do'h

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    no good if he cant get to springboard lol

Mate,

use you PC & download this file:
    iBrickr Fix

then,
    Copy
    /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist
    TO: /System/Library/Lockdown/Services.plist.backup
    open the zip file, and place it in /System/Library/Lockdown/

Then reboot again and you should be good to go...

Of course the catch22 is most likely gonna be you cant access those files without the fix, but you cant fix coz u cant get to the files :S
    Ohh your right, I didn't even see that . My bad.

Really wanted to try this app. Last night I installed it and immediately rebooted my phone. When I hit the apply button it returned me to the home screen but the intelliscreen would not activate on the the lock screen.

The second time I rebooted I was stuck at the apple logo. Using a combination of iLiberty, phone browser and iBrickr I can get my phone to boot up without having to restore.

I have uninstalled Kate and other programs thinking they were in conflict.
    i uninstalled IntelliScreen and reinstalled it but have the same problems: program doesn't work and after reboot gets stuck at the Apple logo.

I'm using firmware 1.1.4 but installed a patch to emulate 1.1.3 for certain programs to work. When I first got my phone I used iLiberty to jailbreak and unlock the phone. Haven't found the IntelliScreen Startup Patch to see if that would fix my problems.

I have searched for the last six hours on the net for solutions to no avail. If anyone had a similar experience and figured out how to fix this I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Thanks for all the help folks, but I had to bite the bullet in the end and restore my iPhone to 1.1.4. Still, I really appreciate the help.

Thanks for all the help folks, but I had to bite the bullet in the end and restore my iPhone to 1.1.4. Still, I really appreciate the help.
    im sorry we couldnt help - bit of a bum deal scenario what with your wifi being down so to speak - that was the biggest problem really lol

@ luckout: what are the exact symptons? - did you request the trial license? this MUST be done in order for it to show on the lock screen.

I have Kate, vwallpaper and summerboard all working perfect alonside IntelliScreen.
    do'h

jtanner,

Thanks for your help. I activated immediately after installing the program. The program doesn't show up on mu lock screen. I am able to preview the screen within the program, but once apply is hit nothing happens.

If I reboot the phone, then I get the "Stuck Apple Logg"syndrome. I figured out a process to get it out of this and behave normally, but the app never shows up on my lock screen.

So far, I have uninstalled Kate, Customize and the 1.1.4/5 Compatibility Patch. I thought that maybe these programs were causing a conflict. I then uninstall IntelliScreen and reinstall it. However, all of my symptoms reappear!

I don't want to do a full restore, because I have too many apps on here that would need installing. I have been trying to figure out the culprit by a process of elimination. I haven't had any problems installing any of the other apps until IntelliScreen...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what version of intelliscreen is it?
    do'h

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jtanner For This Useful Post:

Luckout (2008-07-25)

Quote Originally Posted by Luckout View Post
    jtanner,

Thanks for your help. I activated immediately after installing the program. The program doesn't show up on mu lock screen. I am able to preview the screen within the program, but once apply is hit nothing happens.
    Did you retrieve the license? You said you activated but I'm not sure what that means.

I know I had the same problem when I first tried it but it started working once I retrieved the license and rebooted.

You might also want to PM the dev with your plist file so he can see if there's any conflict which.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

Luckout (2008-07-25)

Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast