Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2092

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New Killer App] IntelliScreen - Your "Slide to Unlock" Screen on Steriods

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    FYI - There's a missing key for the German translation file - causing the file not to load. There will be a new version in the next couple of days to fix this. Sorry!
    Hi Psuskeels

can this be the reason for my calender-problem?

i am located in germany, but all appointments send from other countries in my calender show correct in the iPhones calender, but the intelli-calender shows them all 2 hours to early..
    (all appointments set up manually work correct..)

am i the only one with this problem?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    There is another important "bug" (rather a fault in the design) in IntelliScreen, that makes me miss the "drag to unlock"-knob much more often than without IntelliScreen installed. The reason for this is that IntelliScreen covers a part of the bottom panel where the slide-knob is located, and when you tap just above the knob, where it normally still should be dragable, I'm actually tapping IntelliScreen, and missing the drag.

I think that the IntelliScreen area needs to be shrunken by 20-30 pixels or so, so that it ends just above the bottom panel. That ways, it wont interfere with unlocking. I don't think that the app should interfere with this system function at all.

Could you please respond to this psuskeels, so I know you stand?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    There is another important "bug" (rather a fault in the design) in IntelliScreen, that makes me miss the "drag to unlock"-knob much more often than without IntelliScreen installed. The reason for this is that IntelliScreen covers a part of the bottom panel where the slide-knob is located, and when you tap just above the knob, where it normally still should be dragable, I'm actually tapping IntelliScreen, and missing the drag.

I think that the IntelliScreen area needs to be shrunken by 20-30 pixels or so, so that it ends just above the bottom panel. That ways, it wont interfere with unlocking. I don't think that the app should interfere with this system function at all.

Could you please respond to this psuskeels, so I know you stand?
    I'm really curious as to what you are talking about, since on my iPhone, IntelliScreen stops, and the complete area of the Main Slider is completely exposed - well above and below the slider itself. There is no interference at all from IntelliScreen. Maybe posting a screen shot would help understand what your problem even is.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    I'm really curious as to what you are talking about, since on my iPhone, IntelliScreen stops, and the complete area of the Main Slider is completely exposed - well above and below the slider itself. There is no interference at all from IntelliScreen. Maybe posting a screen shot would help understand what your problem even is.
    Go into the "View Layout" page of IntelliScreen and drag a component as far down as possible. Apply the settings, and make the lock-screen appear. You'll see that the component is overlaping the bottom panel by 20-30 pixels. This actually reduces the "dragable" area, and makes it easier to miss the drag..

Even if you don't see anything there (depending on how your setup looks), IntelliScreen is still there, although it's transparent.

If it's still unclear, I'll try to demonstrate it with a screenshot.
    Last edited by scsi; 2008-06-27 at 03:42 PM.

Go into the "View Layout" page of IntelliScreen and drag a component as far down as possible. Apply the settings, and make the lock-screen appear. You'll see that the component is overlaping the bottom panel by 20-30 pixels. This actually reduces the "dragable" area, and makes it easier to miss the drag..

Even if you don't see anything there (depending on how your setup looks), IntelliScreen is still there, although it's transparent.

If it's still unclear, I'll try to demonstrate it with a screenshot.
    Whilst i havent personally experienced this problem, the bug IS there... i noticed this when fiddling with the layouts, if a component is too low, it does overlap. I was quick to learn and just made sure my lowest component clears it
    do'h

the only problem so far with the current version is if you use Intellidial then go back to lock screen, when you click to unlock there is a major delay till it returns to springboard I hope this will be fixed in the new version out soon

Thanks
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

2 things:
    1: I am experiencing a delay for the intellidial as well... hope there is a way to speed it up, because the amount of time it takes(although not a long time) it may be just as simple to unlock the phone and go to the favorites list..

2: Another thing is that while fingering through the pictures on the intellidial, it will black out the screen if you dont make a quick selection. I hope you fix this too... make it so that as long as your flipping through, it wont go back to sleep

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    Whilst i havent personally experienced this problem, the bug IS there... i noticed this when fiddling with the layouts, if a component is too low, it does overlap. I was quick to learn and just made sure my lowest component clears it
    But like I said, even if you don't have any component there, the space is still reserved by IntelliScreen, and any tap in that area goes to IS instead of the slide-knob, like it should.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I can easily touch my Main Slider and slide it just fine, so I have no problem at all. If I try to slide the slider by touching above the actual slider, I can't slide it, but frankly, I wouldn't expect to be able to slide it when I'm not even touching it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    I can easily touch my Main Slider and slide it just fine, so I have no problem at all. If I try to slide the slider by touching above the actual slider, I can't slide it, but frankly, I wouldn't expect to be able to slide it when I'm not even touching it.
    But you should be able to slide it by touching above the slider. When holding the phone in your right hand, it's sometimes "hard" to reach that low with your tumb. There is a reason why Apple decided to make the whole panel slideable, not just the slider itself.

But you should be able to slide it by touching above the slider. When holding the phone in your right hand, it's sometimes "hard" to reach that low with your tumb. There is a reason why Apple decided to make the whole panel slideable, not just the slider itself.
    Not to pick a fight here, but isnt that a slightly retarded thing to worry about? i mean you wouldnt expect to be able to still hold you beer bottle and inch behind where it actually is, or expect to be able to turn your steering wheel hovering your hands over it instead of actually touching it!

Why not just slide the actual slide part!??? or am i missing the point here?

my slide works perfect! - but then i literally touch the slide button. left or right handed i can do it fine!

Oh, and yes intellidial creates a delay when going into springboard! as cool as this feature is tho, i dont use my favs anyway lol so i just disabled it
    Last edited by jtanner; 2008-06-27 at 04:18 PM.
    do'h

Thanks
    Why are we even having this discussion? Would it somehow ruin things for you if the whole slider area was slideable, just like it is without IS? Will you miss the extra 20 pizels that much, that it's actually worth you time to argue? All I am saying is that I miss the slider more often with IS installed, and it is up to the developer to decide if it is worth spending time to fix this or not.

Simple as that.

Why are we even having this discussion? Would it somehow ruin things for you if the whole slider area was slideable, just like it is without IS? Will you miss the extra 20 pizels that much, that it's actually worth you time to argue? All I am saying is that I miss the slider more often with IS installed, and it is up to the developer to decide if it is worth spending time to fix this or not.

Simple as that.
    calm down!

Firstly, we're having this discussion because this is a forum where generally discussions are the whole point of this whole site!!! if you didnt want it discussed perhaps you should have just emailed or pm'd the creator.

Secondly, im not arguing with you, & i did say i wasnt trying to pick a fight, i just couldnt quite get what you were complaining about...but each to their own and you are correct its up to the developer, HOWEVER, if 30 pixels are removed from my layout, it would mess it all up as it is a tight fit.

Thirdly, this isnt a "bug" as such then really, because the slider is still perfectly functional apart from the odd 20px "white space" above the actual slider.

If psuskeels is to consider this, then i would add that it should be an option as i wouldnt like to lose the 20 - 30 pixels
    do'h

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Also - There's an issue with Kate 1.3v2 and running anything that runs within SpringBoard. From our FAQ's:

I can't use Kate 1.3v2 and IntelliScreen together - why?
    RipDev (Kate creators) have decided to load their application in a fashion which will cause their application not to load if any other applications are using the iPhone startup file com.apple.SpringBoard.plist. Kate was using this file, but for some reason, RipDev has decided to use another method (launchctl). As such, they have prevented their customers from using Kate at all if there are any applications such as IntelliScreen, Ringtones, WeLyrics, iToday, iBlacklist, etc. Please direct your questions to RipDev. Of course, you can manually make the entry in the com.apple.SpringBoard.plist, but as we're not the developers of Kate, we can't support your questions regarding this.
    I have Kate 1.3v2 running with all the hooks in springboard in place (Summerboard, iBlacklist, Mobile enhancer, Adblock & Ringtones) All of the apps are working as it should, so I don't think Kate is to blame here.
    (but maybe I'm just lucky?) 114 pwnd

Thanks
    calm down!

Firstly, we're having this discussion because this is a forum where generally discussions are the whole point of this whole site!!! if you didnt want it discussed perhaps you should have just emailed or pm'd the creator.

Secondly, im not arguing with you, & i did say i wasnt trying to pick a fight, i just couldnt quite get what you were complaining about...but each to their own and you are correct its up to the developer, HOWEVER, if 30 pixels are removed from my layout, it would mess it all up as it is a tight fit.

Thirdly, this isnt a "bug" as such then really, because the slider is still perfectly functional apart from the odd 20px "white space" above the actual slider.

If psuskeels is to consider this, then i would add that it should be an option as i wouldnt like to lose the 20 - 30 pixels
    Firstly, I am calm, perhaps the capital IS threw you off.

Secondly, you where basically arguing against my problem, which you by definition cannot do. What you are saying, is that the slider is fully functional, and that my problem was "retarted". Wow, great discussion value here.

Thirdly, if you aren't the developer, you cannot say if this is a bug or not, since it really depends on his (the developer) intension. Hence, I added the quotation marks around the word, since it could be intentional, and since it's hardly a fatal problem.

Firstly, I am calm, perhaps the capital IS threw you off.

Secondly, you where basically arguing against my problem, which you by definition cannot do. What you are saying, is that the slider is fully functional, and that my problem was "retarted". Wow, great discussion value here.

Thirdly, if you aren't the developer, you cannot say if this is a bug or not, since it really depends on his (the developer) intension. Hence, I added the quotation marks around the word, since it could be intentional, and since it's hardly a fatal problem.
    lol im not stupid! i know the IS meant IntelliScreen & wasnt seen as shouting.

i didnt mean YOUR problem was retarded perse, i thought the concept was, hence my beer bottle and car driving example... and it is great discussion value as a whole since you are the only person (currently) with this issue, me and others have reported no probs.

AND... i AM a developer, altho not for intelliscreen, but the original screen coverage was a design intention & therefore not classed as a "bug" since it wasnt an accident or an overlooked fault / error...it was by design, and you find it an annoyance, which is fine, so it should be raised as an issue not a bug

and once again, like i said, your entitled to you opinion as am i, and i apologise if you took anything i said either offensively or personally.
    do'h

Thanks
    AND... i AM a developer, altho not for intelliscreen, but the original screen coverage was a design intention & therefore not classed as a "bug" since it wasnt an accident or an overlooked fault / error...it was by design, and you find it an annoyance, which is fine, so it should be raised as an issue not a bug
    In the original version, the content was placed over the clock aswell, later there was an option for it, and after that, you couldn't place things there anymore.

So the original screen coverage is really an indication to my favour, isn't it? It indicates that the author changed his mind about overlaping the system parts, and only using the empty area in the middle. So I still think that it is a bug.

and once again, like i said, your entitled to you opinion as am i, and i apologise if you took anything i said either offensively or personally.
    I didn't take anything offensively, but I can see why you would think so. English is not my native language, perhaps that is the reason.

But I look forwars seeing if anyone else has experienced this "problem". And again the quotation marks, since it's a pretty minor detail, tho still a detail.

In the original version, the content was placed over the clock aswell, later there was an option for it, and after that, you couldn't place things there anymore.

So the original screen coverage is really an indication to my favour, isn't it? It indicates that the author changed his mind about overlaping the system parts, and only using the empty area in the middle. So I still think that it is a bug.

I didn't take anything offensively, but I can see why you would think so. English is not my native language, perhaps that is the reason.

But I look forwars seeing if anyone else has experienced this "problem". And again the quotation marks, since it's a pretty minor detail, tho still a detail.
    Well technically the overlapping of the the clock was a bug as it wasnt exactly designed like that... the clock is a visible area that wasnt supposed to be covered, however the white space above the slider isnt "visible" space... but we'll agree to disagree lol
    do'h

And back to the topic at hand...love the new update. Great work!

Ok - got some fixes for you.

1.07 Bug Fixes
    =======================================
    - German Translation file fixed
    - SMS Privacy causes home key not to work when iPhone is in use and Text received
    - IntelliDial note when no contacts exist
    - Slow Unlock when have alerts/Use IntelliDial
    - Easier Slide to unlock

JTanner/SCSI - you are both right. Without going into more details (as I have to run), Can you both post if you're happy with 1.07. You'll still have your real estate - although you may not be able to scroll your bottom content as easily if it overlaps. You'll also be able to swipe easier - so it's a compromise (you can overlap if you want to, and easy swipe). Let me know.

Thanks all for your patience!

BTW: Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. It's good to know you are all enjoying IntelliScreen!
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast