Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New Killer App] IntelliScreen - Your "Slide to Unlock" Screen on Steriods

Quote Originally Posted by harlenm View Post
    Still having battery issues with 1.03. Usage and standby are increasing at the same rate when the phone isn't in use.

Edit, I just uninstalled it. psuskeels, it's a great program, and I really wanted it to work. However, being able to get through a day without having to worry about running out of battery juice is just too big of an issue. If you get that solved I will gladly pay for the software.
    I'm not experiencing the battery issue anymore with 1.03. Standby is 44 min and usage at 8. Will keep a close eye and try to figure out why it happened in the first place.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeam4581 View Post
    Theres obviously a demand for an app like this. But that does not mean he should charge for it. Just open up a donation page. He could use the ZodTTD method. Ask for donations and reward people who donate with early access to beta releases. Its a tried and true method. <snip>
    That's a nice thought, but if you talk to anyone who uses the donation method for iPhone apps, you quickly find that there are some individuals who will gladly donate a proper amount, but those donations are far from representative of those downloading and using the app. Even more disturbing are those who donate an insulting amount (one penny, for example) just to be able to say they have donated, or to gain access to a repo.

If someone is creating an app just for fun, or as a side interest, perhaps they can go the donation route. But, if application development, and providing resources that many find necessary is one's profession, then remuneration for the service is most surely in line.

Individuals may debate over how much an application is worth, and each person will have to decide if any application is worth the cost. That is the free-market system. But, to debate whether it is correct to charge for goods or services rendered is not viable.

As for this application, and psuskeels, my personal experience has been:
    • IntelliScreen meets a need, or there wouldn't be the interest expressed by so many in this thread.
    • I have not seen any developer be so pro-active in interacting with the community, as well as IMMEDIATELY creating fixes for any problems, not to mention adding features as requested
    • If past performance is any indication of future performance, I believe there should be little concern over IntelliScreen's ability to be used on future releases of the iPhone software, particularly 2.0x
    • psuskeels has already stated in this thread that if you get a new iPhone when the new ones are released, you can transfer your license to that new iPhone.

So, anyone can make a choice. No one forces you to do anything. If you like it, buy it. If not, live without it. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    The second issue is more a bug - the SMS Settings screen will not refresh other then tapping. If you exit and reenter the app, you'll notice that SMS Settings is set to Only New. Please choose other then "Only New" and this should get you through until 1.04.
    When I choose "display last 10" SMS messages, then the SMS notification on the lock screen does not show up at all.

Will this positioning bug be fixed in 1.04?

Thanks!

Default Opaque background?
    Is there a easy way to get opaque backgrounds in the various bubbles?

Reason: I have the lock screen looking like I want normally. But when an if-new pops up, I'm unable to read the text due to the bleed from the wall paper. I would like to just have certain windows (SMS, Cal, News) to have opaque backdrops while allowing the others to have a transparent backdrop.

I'm up to editing the xml's but I'm not a very good artist if this requires creating new png graphics.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    That's a nice thought, but if you talk to anyone who uses the donation method for iPhone apps, you quickly find that there are some individuals who will gladly donate a proper amount, but those donations are far from representative of those downloading and using the app. Even more disturbing are those who donate an insulting amount (one penny, for example) just to be able to say they have donated, or to gain access to a repo.

If someone is creating an app just for fun, or as a side interest, perhaps they can go the donation route. But, if application development, and providing resources that many find necessary is one's profession, then remuneration for the service is most surely in line.

Individuals may debate over how much an application is worth, and each person will have to decide if any application is worth the cost. That is the free-market system. But, to debate whether it is correct to charge for goods or services rendered is not viable.

As for this application, and psuskeels, my personal experience has been:
    • IntelliScreen meets a need, or there wouldn't be the interest expressed by so many in this thread.
    • I have not seen any developer be so pro-active in interacting with the community, as well as IMMEDIATELY creating fixes for any problems, not to mention adding features as requested
    • If past performance is any indication of future performance, I believe there should be little concern over IntelliScreen's ability to be used on future releases of the iPhone software, particularly 2.0x
    • psuskeels has already stated in this thread that if you get a new iPhone when the new ones are released, you can transfer your license to that new iPhone.

So, anyone can make a choice. No one forces you to do anything. If you like it, buy it. If not, live without it. Simple as that.
    Fair enough. I still like the donation method. You could always have a minimum of said amount to get you a beta spot. You don't have to except insulting donations. Just set a minimum of your choice.

@psuskeels: I can haz a spacer 'widget' plz?
    I want an invisible spacer thingy that I can resize and place at the top so that all new sms or email will appear just above my unlock button and not fill the whole screen.
    @everyone: I personally think IntelliScreen is the only app for the iPhone that is worth purchasing. Apple should just buy it or give psuskeels a job.
    That's just my opinion that probably doesn't and will never matter.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Fair enough. I still like the donation method. You could always have a minimum of said amount to get you a beta spot. You don't have to except insulting donations. Just set a minimum of your choice.
    So you actually have to pay/donate in order to _help_ the developer with the application, by using the beta, and obviously reporting bugs/feature requests?

I really don't see the logic here.

Oh, and about the "minimum amount"? What's your definition of the word "purchase" again? If you have problems with psuskeels charging for his work, just look at it as he were accepting donations with a "minimum amount".
    Last edited by scsi; 2008-06-05 at 10:37 PM.

egording: After setting to 10 messages - you'll have to go back to the layout screen and click the "SMS" icon. The "bubble" will then appear.
    beatoven: You can do this by locking the content areas in the Layout screen (double tap to lock). Let me know if this works for you.

$5 off Premium IntelliScreen coupon code: "betatester" expires 6/11/08
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

@mjohns: You can just edit the XML for a skin and change the image for SMS, Cal and News. It's easy. Make your own opaque image and edit the XML.
    PM me if you want, I'll make one for you tomorrow.
    @psuskeels: It's the blank space that I want to be locked. I don't want anything to show up on the top 3/4 of the screen. I've sent you screenshots and more details...
    Cheers.

P.S. Was the calendar issue with nemussync fixed? Is it working for any of you guys? It still doesn't show up for me.

lol yea psuskeels ive never seen a dev more active.

great stuff, bought it.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

some analogy to think about:

Paying for mp3 from iTunes = Paying for 3rd party apps from Apple App Store

Paying for mp3 from an unknown random guy from the internet who just ripped ilegally a CD = Paying for 3rd party apps for jailbroken iPhones

that's why I jailbroke my iPod Touch and refuse myself to pay intelliscreen. and the price, obviously. Not even Apple would charge 50 bucks for an app with 6-month support.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooksr View Post
    lol yea psuskeels ive never seen a dev more active.

great stuff, bought it.
    Even though I'd rather go the donation route and stay away from purchasing apps, I will buy this.

So many developers come up with some idea, put some pretty marketing and slap a price tag on it. Not in this case.

It's such a great app and the developer is on point.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreakKitchen View Post
    some analogy to think about:

Paying for mp3 from iTunes = Paying for 3rd party apps from Apple App Store

Paying for mp3 from an unknown random guy from the internet who just ripped ilegally a CD = Paying for 3rd party apps for jailbroken iPhones

that's why I jailbroke my iPod Touch and refuse myself to pay intelliscreen. and the price, obviously. Not even Apple would charge 50 bucks for an app with 6-month support.
    While I understand your analogy, it isn't pertinent here because psuskeels is not some random guy who is peddling something ripped from someone else. He is the creator, developer, and supporter of IntelliScreen.

To follow more accurately your mp3/iTunes analogy, paying for IntelliScreen is akin to having personally purchased a CD, and using iTunes to rip the CD and play personally on your own iTouch/iPhone. You paid for the CD. Now you are using it on your iTouch/iPhone.

Theres obviously a demand for an app like this. But that does not mean he should charge for it. Just open up a donation page. He could use the ZodTTD method. Ask for donations and reward people who donate with early access to beta releases. Its a tried and true method.

When I buy software for my mac I don't expect it do be useless after every FW update or security patch. Hardware changes and major OS changes like going from tiger to leopard I would expect somethings not to work.

But as of lately it seems apple has gone out of its way to slow down the jailbreaking community. The past few FW updates have had major changes. Useless and pointless changes that disabled a lot of jailbreak apps and they had to be changed. Some still haven't been updated to run on 1.1.4 and with the release of 2.0 and the appstore apple will have all the insentive they need to further there attempts to stop jailbreaking.

That makes me very hesitant to pay for a jailbreak app. If any developer out there could tell me there app will work even three months from now witch isn't long at all. I would gladly pay for that app.

I agree, this was the ONE thing that my phone was missing that I NEEDED. It is the ONLY think I miss from my TREO. I am VERY hesitant to pay just as mentioned above, anyone remember iFuntastic? it went the pay route and then never kept up with the changes. It started off as a GREAT app for jailbreaking and modding but then just never changed. so anyone who paid was now left in the dust. I am not saying that will be the case here but there has been a few instances of this same kind of thing happening. And this is why I think many people on the list are hesitant as well. We dont know and neither can the developer know what will happen in the future.
    I have tried a few of the other apps like this and I may go to another one that is not perfect for what I want or need but wont lock me into something that the next firm ware or developer upgrades will cost me.
    Just my thoughts, I do love this app however ESPECIALLY the new resizing and stuff! keep it up........... I will probably own it soon!

How about a Golf feed for the sports section?????????

Default skin text color
    for djmace,
    the attach file is for the Blend skin file. if you want one for clear, please let me know. In this file, I've already changed News and Calendar header and title.
    Attached Files Attached Files

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to feiinhawaii For This Useful Post:

djmace (2008-06-06), maz (2008-06-06)

Sorry Guys!!! This app is well worth purchasing...I got my premium version..

not getting it until 2.0 is jailbroken and proven to work with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post

To follow more accurately your mp3/iTunes analogy, paying for IntelliScreen is akin to having personally purchased a CD, and using iTunes to rip the CD and play personally on your own iTouch/iPhone. You paid for the CD. Now you are using it on your iTouch/iPhone.
    This is what I'm talking about. Apple has no problem letting you play music on your iPhone or threw iTunes that was not purchased from them. But they do not accept apps on your iPhone that did not come from them and they will continue to try and stop it.

Would you buy an mp3 or cd from some one to play on your computer or iPod knowing that it may not play on your equipment tommorow?

...time to switch to iToday

Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast