Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [New Killer App] IntelliScreen - Your "Slide to Unlock" Screen on Steriods

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Exessive Battery drainage and youtube not working are problems that I'm having as well. Not to mention my lock screen will only stay on for 7 seconds unless the screen is touched, and I have it set for 30 seconds.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-06-05 at 06:20 PM.

Youtube bug here as well.

Really annoying.

Also sms is showing even if I have set it not to.

You Tube is fixed in 1.03 (that's the only update for 1.03 other then a clarifying message when you download your license).

Thanks!

$5 off Premium IntelliScreen coupon code: "betatester" expires 6/11/08

Regarding the SMS messages showing when off:

By design, when you hit the "Reset Layout" button, it resets your Mail and SMS to Only If new. The issue is that it's not obvious that the "Reset" button does this, or that this is even a reset button. This needs some thought.

The second issue is more a bug - the SMS Settings screen will not refresh other then tapping. If you exit and reenter the app, you'll notice that SMS Settings is set to Only New. Please choose other then "Only New" and this should get you through until 1.04.

Thanks for your patience.

$5 off Premium IntelliScreen coupon code: "betatester" expires 6/11/08
    Last edited by skeels; 2008-06-05 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

bossgto65 (2008-06-05)

Confirm YouTube is working again. I should be buying this today or tomorrow . Thanks a lot for this amazing app

Quote Originally Posted by chispito View Post
    Whenever I receive an SMS it gets ontop the calendar box which I have on top of the screen...it does not happen with new emails though...
    Double tap lot lock in your Layout settings. Meaning if you lock the two bottom feeds when ever i receive new email/sms it will replace the top feed or vice versa. So if a lock the top feed your email/sms shows on the 2 feed bubble

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/attachm...s-img_0003.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0003.jpg  
    Last edited by DuRo; 2008-06-05 at 07:00 PM.

yea charge for it thats cool.....

Amazing response time and support from this developer, thank you!

To those who argue that we shouldn't pay because this is built on others' work, I say:
    - EVERYTHING is built on previous work, that's called progress

To those who claim that it will be difficult to support through firmware upgrades, or worry that there are no guarantees it will work in the future, I reply:
    - There is no software on ANY platform that is guaranteed to work through firmware upgrades or major OS changes. Look at how long it took Microsoft and Adobe to manage Universal Binary versions for the Intel Macs, and how poorly the new versions perform.

However, what I look for when deciding to do business with someone, is their actions. It's easy to make promises, but another thing entirely to honor those commitments.

psuskeels has shown us time and again that he's capable and honorable. How can we expect him to work so hard for free? In over 25 years of computer use, I've never seen a more dedicated and supportive developer. I think he deserves our support in return.

I haven't been able to get the Twitter RSS feed to show up at all...anyone try this and have any luck with it? Thanks!

I really love this app and I would pay for it if it was garanteed to work on the new firmware. That being said, they should extend the $5 betatester discount till a date when we know it will be compatible with the new firmware. $20 is a steep price for the premium version. $10 would be easier to swallow.

20 Bucks for this Software WITHOUT Fullscreen Calendar? No way ...

Still cant get away new sms messages. No way to just have them off?

Default YouTube Working Again
    Checking battery life next. Need to charge fully to see if stand-by and usage are still running in tandem.

Question - I have mail on both screens. I only want it on 1. How do I do this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lordimac View Post
    20 Bucks for this Software WITHOUT Fullscreen Calendar? No way ...
    Why not just read the license info, and realize that with the $20 license, you get the ability to "Resize Layout (ie, show just the Calendar)"?
    It would probably take you less time to find that info than to make that post.

On a side note, does anyone know where the images for the tray/taskbar icons are stored? The one for unread mail looks nice, the one for missed calls is ok, but the one for unread sms is awfull (sorry psuskeels, but it is ), I'd like to modify it, or replace it with the one from the old "Taskbar Notifier". Thanks!

Edit: Never mind, found them. /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app
    Last edited by scsi; 2008-06-05 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    Amazing response time and support from this developer, thank you!

To those who argue that we shouldn't pay because this is built on others' work, I say:
    - EVERYTHING is built on previous work, that's called progress

To those who claim that it will be difficult to support through firmware upgrades, or worry that there are no guarantees it will work in the future, I reply:
    - There is no software on ANY platform that is guaranteed to work through firmware upgrades or major OS changes. Look at how long it took Microsoft and Adobe to manage Universal Binary versions for the Intel Macs, and how poorly the new versions perform.

However, what I look for when deciding to do business with someone, is their actions. It's easy to make promises, but another thing entirely to honor those commitments.

psuskeels has shown us time and again that he's capable and honorable. How can we expect him to work so hard for free? In over 25 years of computer use, I've never seen a more dedicated and supportive developer. I think he deserves our support in return.
    psuskeels is definitely a dedicated and supportive developer and i would donate. But I will not be using this app if he is charging for it.

If it came threw the app store thats a different story. It would be the responsibility of apple to make sure these apps are not disabled by a FW update or at least provide fair warning that the next update will have major changes and there app needs to be modified.

there are a lot more things that could go wrong with a jailbreak app other than a FW update from apple. Simply installing another app from installer could disable an app or worse. There are far to many risks involved when it comes to jailbreak apps for people to make a business out of it.

If you want to make money develop with the SDK and push it threw the appstore. If your apps good enough you could make a business out of that.

Leave jailbreaking to the hobbyist.

The problem is apps like this aren't allowed by apple, it will only be available on jailbroken phones.

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    Why not just read the license info, and realize that with the $20 license, you get the ability to "Resize Layout (ie, show just the Calendar)"?
    It would probably take you less time to find that info than to make that post.
    If this should work in my Trial Version, i would think about to buy it, but without testing it ...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbeam4581 View Post
    If you want to make money develop with the SDK and push it threw the appstore. If your apps good enough you could make a business out of that.
    Although an application like this will not be able to make it to the appstore dure to the SDK restrictions, yet, there is an appearent demand for it (just take a look at this massive thread).

I don't see why a developer would ignore the demand just becouse Apple tells him so.

Quote Originally Posted by lordimac View Post
    If this should work in my Trial Version, i would think about to buy it, but without testing it ...
    It works in the trial. When you go into the "View layout" screen, and resize the calendar by pinching it, just like you would zoom in on an image.
    Last edited by scsi; 2008-06-05 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

After installing 1.03 my iPhone suddenly vibrates once and then wait a few minutes and vibrates again. Wasn`t like that on 1.02 and have not installed anything else. No reminders either that should cause this.

Have turned off all alerts.
    Last edited by BrumBrum74; 2008-06-05 at 08:31 PM.

Still having battery issues with 1.03. Usage and standby are increasing at the same rate when the phone isn't in use.

Edit, I just uninstalled it. psuskeels, it's a great program, and I really wanted it to work. However, being able to get through a day without having to worry about running out of battery juice is just too big of an issue. If you get that solved I will gladly pay for the software.
    Last edited by harlenm; 2008-06-05 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    Although an application like this will not be able to make it to the appstore dure to the SDK restrictions, yet, there is an appearent demand for it (just take a look at this massive thread).

I don't see why a developer would ignore the demand just becouse Apple tells him so.

It works in the trial. When you go into the "View layout" screen, and resize the calendar by pinching it, just like you would zoom in on an image.
    Theres obviously a demand for an app like this. But that does not mean he should charge for it. Just open up a donation page. He could use the ZodTTD method. Ask for donations and reward people who donate with early access to beta releases. Its a tried and true method.

When I buy software for my mac I don't expect it do be useless after every FW update or security patch. Hardware changes and major OS changes like going from tiger to leopard I would expect somethings not to work.

But as of lately it seems apple has gone out of its way to slow down the jailbreaking community. The past few FW updates have had major changes. Useless and pointless changes that disabled a lot of jailbreak apps and they had to be changed. Some still haven't been updated to run on 1.1.4 and with the release of 2.0 and the appstore apple will have all the insentive they need to further there attempts to stop jailbreaking.

That makes me very hesitant to pay for a jailbreak app. If any developer out there could tell me there app will work even three months from now witch isn't long at all. I would gladly pay for that app.

Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast