Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itoday released Beta

just installed it on my phone ...and it works great...i it's because I installed the common file fix. vwallpaper is working, all apps are still working.....cool app!!!...big up to the devs on this

also installed the new vwall update and both apps are up and functioning normal.

What is the source for the installer.

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    What is the source for the installer.
    i.danstaface.net

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKSTEEL1 View Post
    just installed it on my phone ...and it works great...i it's because I installed the common file fix. vwallpaper is working, all apps are still working.....cool app!!!...big up to the devs on this

also installed the new vwall update and both apps are up and functioning normal.
    what file fix?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to imbuggin For This Useful Post:

Madrat779 (2008-05-13)

Someone post a SS of the application. I wanna see if it's worth giving a whirl compared to my Kate app.

Reako

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Working great here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0005-copy-copy.jpg  
    Are you having fun yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

nice app! real nice..no problems here!

i had the same problem with the wiggly icons and frozen everything else
    except my problem was when i tried to install ringtones
    so its definitely the skrewcommon file
    i got it to work again after about 20 reboots
    (i didnt want to restore, i had just done that yesterday ugh)

but now i cant install skrewcommon or itoday, installer wont download them

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

damn that sucks..sorry to hear bout the ppl having problems! seems like the ppl who have vwallpaper on there phone are having probs

I can't install skewcommon or itoday. Maybe their installer repo is down?

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

froze my phone up to vwallpaper, ringtones, and screw common 1.2 installed prior

i think they need to yank this down until its a little more stable, or put a warning for which app is incompatable
    Last edited by scottvalentine; 2008-05-13 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

so first off, i love this program and its potential...

now i had no problems installing this and it didnt seem to mess up my phone (yet) but ive noticed a few things and just wondering if everyone else is getting the same and since its just a beta this is to be expected.

the weather icon does not update itself. meaning i have to open the weather app have it refresh, and then the lock screen will show the updated temp. also the birthday reminders show up as some on the right date and name, and then some off by like 2-3 days and even one that is off by 2-3 days and doesnt show the name of the persons bday. i havent seen any of the screens for txts and missed calls and voice mail as its almost 2am, but hopefully they will be working just fine.

anyone else have these issues?

looks great... however, i'm not going to risk another restore quite yet...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Love it, everything works like it should beside the task, can't make it show up on my lock screen ..... Keep up the great work screw

Very excited to see what the future holds for this app... Very impressive.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Quote Originally Posted by coreycore02 View Post
    so first off, i love this program and its potential...

now i had no problems installing this and it didnt seem to mess up my phone (yet) but ive noticed a few things and just wondering if everyone else is getting the same and since its just a beta this is to be expected.

the weather icon does not update itself. meaning i have to open the weather app have it refresh, and then the lock screen will show the updated temp. also the birthday reminders show up as some on the right date and name, and then some off by like 2-3 days and even one that is off by 2-3 days and doesnt show the name of the persons bday. i havent seen any of the screens for txts and missed calls and voice mail as its almost 2am, but hopefully they will be working just fine.

anyone else have these issues?

i got the same issue as you, had to go into weather to update, and the icon doesnt change as well in the lock screen
    im not sure about the birthday reminders cause i dont put bdays in my phone haha.. had my roommate text me and a big one shows up next to sms..

My installation method:

prior to installing, i had vwallpaper .8 and skrewcommon 1.1 or 1.0 (i forgot =/ sry).. turned off vwallpaper (dont know if this will alter the result or not) then all i did was go in installer and update to skrewcommon 1.2, rebooted iphone (turned completely off then on).. then went installer and installed itoday.. resprung.. enabled videos in both itoday and vwallpaper and both work just fine! Also the autolock works just fine for vwallpaper

Suggestions/Fixes/Wishes? haha:

**When playing music, turns off vwallpaper (an update i wish to see in the near future), then i turn off screen (still playing music), then turn on onto lock screen, ipod stops playing as itoday comes up**

**option to enable video on/off for itoday, keeping all the reminders/updates but on regular wallpaper (maybe this would allow ipod to still play at lock screen?)**

Remove phone/sms/bday icons if there arent any missed calls/texts/bday
    Auto update weather/change icons?
    Set time at lock screen before screen shuts? (might be something you have to edit in settings/preferences)
    Calendar
    Customize time/date (placement, style, color?, but seems like something outside of Skrew haha)

edit: For some reason, when I go into other applications, phone resprings for no apparent reason???????
    Last edited by ericmac017; 2008-05-14 at 04:14 AM.

For those with vWallpaper not working after Skrewcommon 1.2 update:
    The ringtones hook does not seem to be installed by installer. To fix this, just ssh into your phone and do this:
    cd /usr/local/bin
    ./ringtoneshook -install

Then reboot your phone. This installs the hook in the Springboard.plist.

When I did this, I got an interesting terminal response: (note the last line...)
    # cd /usr/local/bin
    # ./ringtoneshook -install
    2008-05-13 11:53:46.669 ringtoneshook[186:d03] DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES: /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework/SummerBoard.dylib:/Library/Frameworks/iBlacklist.framework/iblacklist.dylib:/Library/MobileEnhancer/MobileEnhancer.dylib:/Library/HWPen/libHWIME.dylib:/Applications/AdBlock.app/MobileSafariAdBlock.bundle/MSABHook.dylib
    2008-05-13 11:53:46.681 ringtoneshook[186:d03] Our dylib path is not found in DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES, uninstall aborted!
    2008-05-13 11:53:46.686 ringtoneshook[186:d03] DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES: /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework/SummerBoard.dylib:/Library/Frameworks/iBlacklist.framework/iblacklist.dylib:/Library/MobileEnhancer/MobileEnhancer.dylib:/Library/HWPen/libHWIME.dylib:/Applications/AdBlock.app/MobileSafariAdBlock.bundle/MSABHook.dylib
    2008-05-13 11:53:46.689 ringtoneshook[186:d03] New DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES: /Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework/SummerBoard.dylib:/Library/Frameworks/iBlacklist.framework/iblacklist.dylib:/Library/MobileEnhancer/MobileEnhancer.dylib:/Library/HWPen/libHWIME.dylib:/Applications/AdBlock.app/MobileSafariAdBlock.bundle/MSABHook.dylib:/Library/RingtonesApp/RingtonesHook.dylib
    2008-05-13 11:53:46.759 ringtoneshook[186:d03] **** 1
    #

lol, what's up with that Skrew???

edit: the system 'rectified' my copy&paste: **** 1 should read [email protected] 1 (with the @ replaced by u)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.jpg  
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2008-05-13 at 12:15 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jrentzke For This Useful Post:

laz305 (2008-05-13)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I liked this application but still buggy. I would like the developer to provide an option for stopping video at back ground and if one wants only the wallpaper background. Also the battery charger just shows for a second and disappears. Other buttons for mms, mail can be added asset.
    Look forward to more updates.

I updated to Screwcommon 1.2 and my vWallpaper is working fine, I haven't tried to install iToday yet but vWalpaper works fine with 1.2 on 1.1.4 FW

can you be a bit more precise plz, enter what exactly?

For those with vWallpaper not working after Skrewcommon 1.2 update:
    The ringtones hook does not seem to be installed by installer. To fix this, just ssh into your phone and do this:
    cd /usr/local/bin
    ./ringtoneshook -install

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast