Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i2reader! By RipDev.... FAQ.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Default i2reader! By RipDev.... FAQ.
    Product Features
    The application is capable of reading the eBooks in the FB2.0 format.
    Supported: cover pages, TOC, illustrations, remarks, hyperlinks.
    There is also an ability to set bookmarks. The application opens big files without splitting to smaller ones.
    Localiations: English, Russian, French, German, Spanish.

Featured:
    -This tab holds five last opened books. When opening a book the last read page is opened. The same tab holds all new books as well.

Library:
    -All of your books are listed here. Each book contains accompanying information such as the annotation, document and publisher information, which can be viewed by tapping on the book.
    -There is also a feature allowing you to view TOC and bookmarks. You can open a book from the selected chapter or bookmark.
    -You can also delete books from the library here.

Search:
    -In this tab you can make searches by the keywords, book titles, authors, annotations, genres, e-mail and Internet addresses. You can open the book for reading and remove it.

Preferences:
    -Full screen: Enabling of this mode removes the status bar from the screen.
    -Reading method: slide or Tap zones - user definable areas on the screen that make the pages flip forward or backward.
    -Use volume buttons: use the volume buttons for flipping the pages.
    Animate when reading: toggles the animation while flipping the pages.
    -Keep backlight: Force the backlight to be on while reading.
    -Show tap: display tap zones when, um, tapped.
    -Orientation: Automatic - turn the orientation automatically when the device is rotated.
    -Vertical/Left/Right - forced orientation.
    -Reading style: Default Black/Default White.
    -There is an ability to change any style. The stuff that can be changed in *the style:
    *font size;
    *alignment;
    *font;
    *red line;
    *color of the text;
    *color of the background.
    You can define an individual style for the body text, headers, subheaders, annotations, citations, epigraphs, epigraph authors, highlights, poems and numbers of the pages.
    #To change the font, double tap the text.
    #To change the font size, use the zoom gesture on the text.
    #To change the text color, press and hold on the text.
    #To change the background color, press and hold outside of the text areas.
    #To change the alignment, tap on the paragraph and move it to the right or left.
    #To change the offset, tap on the offset and move it to the right or left.

-You can create, delete and rename the styles yourself. The default styles can not be deleted.
    -Define tap zones: Definition of the tap areas on the screen to flip the pages. There is a possibility to set the tap zones for portrait and landscape orientation separately.

More options:
    -Sort method: defines the sorting of the books in the library by author or by title;
    -Cleanup cache folder: when book is deleted, some cache files may be left on the device. Clicking on this button cleans the cache folder and reclaims space.

Reading the Book:
    -While reading the following functions are available:
    #text search;
    #TOC and bookmarks navigation;
    #Adding and removing of bookmarks;
    #Storing of the navigation history and browsing it;
    #Navigation through the book with a slider;
    #Navigation to the remarks;
    #The wait mode with the incoming call - the application suspends without quitting fully. After the call the state is restored within 3 seconds.

Additional features:
    #With the installed Downloads plugin the books downloaded from Safari will be automatically added to the Library when the application starts. The supported formats are fb2 and zip (with fb2 inside).
    #If you want, you can copy the books from your desktop PC. For that they have to be placed in a folder /var/[root|mobile]/Media/i2ReaderLibrary. This folder has to have the files with the .fb2 extension only.

Have a nice read!
    Last edited by Apple iPie; 2008-05-13 at 06:47 PM.

Damn, why are the RIPDev progs so expensive - $34

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Well,thats business

Does anyone know a site where i can get/buy ebooks from?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodwizzard View Post
    Does anyone know a site where i can get/buy ebooks from?
    There are LOTS of them,anyways,for Ebooks,you can just use a NORMAL .txt file and uppload it to var/root/media/EBooks

yea, bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    Well,thats business
    well, everybody needing a f2b reader has choice using a free app

there exists:

http://colel.info/rubooks/ is primary a f2b-reader which understand other formats too...

or

http://code.google.com/p/iphonetextreader/ is a ebook-reader and open f2b since 0.6

ok, i like the look of i2Reader, but this is not $34 worth for me, and i not really own many ebooks in f2b format. well, i actually learning russian, and f2b is a mostly used format for russian ebooks... all books i own, i can open in both, ruBooks and textReader.

regards, stefan

Thanks

Colel is a russian programmer,and his program is good... But I stick with Ebooks,i would buy i2reader,after they will have .txt format support...

Quote Originally Posted by netroach View Post
    ...and i not really own many ebooks in f2b format.
    Try the following site: Aldebaran, it contains both Russian & English books in fb2 format, like Scanner Darkly, Perfume. The story of a murderer and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.

Sorry but one would have to be a complete idiot to buy an eBook reader for $35....especially hackware.

If I didn't know better, Id think russians didn't have the slightest concept of US currency.

Sorry Colel, you are a good programmer but this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Emir S.; 2008-05-16 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    Sorry Colel, you are a good programmer but this is ridiculous.
    NB: I have nothing to do either with development, or with pricing of i2Reader, as I am working on GNU/GPL application from neighbour thread - ruBooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Colel View Post
    Try the following site: Aldebaran, it contains both Russian & English books in fb2 format, like Scanner Darkly, Perfume. The story of a murderer and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
    hi colel,

many thanks... i just sizing my library a little bigger

regards, stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Colel View Post
    NB: I have nothing to do either with development, or with pricing of i2Reader, as I am working on GNU/GPL application from neighbour thread - ruBooks.
    My apologies then. Somehow I assumed you were part of RIPDev.
    Well my comment still stands on the app though.
    Someone would have to be very uninformed to spend that kind of money on an eBook reader.

well, with all of its features, it's missing one important one.........auto scroll, which I'm suprised the Books app for iphone doesn't have it, hopefully will have one soon with an update.

why would anybody pay for this bloated expensive app when there's the excellent Books app to get?

$35?? Give me a f*ng break...

Apple iphone, Asking a rediculous amount of money for something that competitors offer for free "is business"?

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    yea, bad business.
    my words exactly...

Thanks

Hey,this thread,has NOTHING to do,about RIPDEV prices....

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread is regarding RipDev's new app i2reader, it just so happens that their new app costs 35 bucks, so while it may be a good app, $35 is effing ridiculous and falls under talking about the app, so we are free to discuss how insanely ridiculous these guys' prices are, at least for this app
    iLive an iLife

Get serious! Who would spend $35 on an ebook reader! People need money for gas and more important stuff. You can get that free from cracked sources anyway...

lolol....35 dollars.... Lolol Thats why I cracked his app.. Thanks for the app tho.. And I will have happy reading...

Where can I find good eBooks to use with this software?-- I've read over some suggestions, as well as searched Google, but, it's all crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast