Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OktoPrep

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Post OktoPrep
    New in installer this morning is OctoPrep which "prepares 1.1.1 phones for TouchFree jailbreak". I'm going to download it now and see what its all about.

After installing it notified me that I "am now able to update to 1.1.2 and continue with the TouchFree process!" I'm at school now so I can't test it but please post your experiences with this app in this thread!

I believe this is only for the program touchfree for windows users, right? You might want to be clear on that so people dont go and install it and think the are just supposed to upgrade;especially us with macs
    As far as I can tell this should work for anyone with an iPhone regardless of PC or Mac...more information to follow (I have a PC but nothing I have done so far has been PC exclusive)

EDIT: Turns out the hour I was home... MMI was down? Anyway as far as I can tell if you install this on your jailbroken 1.1.1 phone and then proceed to upgrade through iTunes to 1.1.2...you will have a jailbroken phone. However it is extremely beta and many 1.1.1 apps won't run correctly on 1.1.2 or won't run at all.

That being said I think I'm going to go ahead and test it...just for the sake of knowledge
    I'll keep posted.

STATUS 8:25 pm: Downloading the 1.1.2 firmware...160.15 MB
    You can download 1.1.2 here
    (syncing 1.1.1 at the same time so as not to lose EVERYTHING)
    (also backed up my SB themes and Customize data to desktop)

STATUS 8:54 pm: Comcast internet is creeping along at 1/4 of the usual speed... 2/3 done the download

STATUS 9:04 pm: Ahhh internet is back to normal and download complete!
    Please bump this thread!

STATUS 9:08 pm: Installed OktoPrep and restarted my phone (just incase).
    Right-clicked Check for Update in iTunes and navigated to my newly downloaded 1.1.2 firmware (saved to desktop) and began the upgrade

STATUS 9:09 pm: iTunes extracted the files, prepared for the update, and is now updating

STATUS 9:12 pm: Update finished and is being verified by iTunes, now iTunes is updating firmware

STATUS 9:16 pm: Firmware update finished and iPhone got restarted, the slide for emergency text was shown briefly and switched between several different languages.

I have no access to my third party apps if they are still on the phone. As of now this does NOT jailbreak the iPhone. I'll keep posted as I learn more (although nobody has even glanced at this thread in the last half-hour)

For now I'm stuck on 1.1.2 (without the energy to downgrade though I may try it later)

List of changes I see:
    1. Under Settings > General there is a new International tab
    a) Language (choices are English, French, Dutch, and Italian)
    b) Keyboards (choices are on/off switches for English, English (UK), French, German, Italian
    c) Asian Font (choices are Chinese and Japanese)
    d) Region Format (choices are Australia, Belgium, Botswana, Canada, Hong Kong S.A.R, China, India, Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, U.S. Virgin Islands, UK, US, Zimbabwe, and three more tabs)
    i) French Tab (choices are Belgium, Canada, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland)
    ii) German Tab (choices are Austria, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland)
    iii) Italian Tab (choices are Italy and Switzerland)

2. Under Settings > Keyboard there is an International Keyboards Tab with the same options as the Keyboards Tab in the Settings > International

3. Under Settings > Sounds > Ringtones there is a Custom heading with my custom ringtones made with iTunes and a Standard heading with all my other ringtones. Actually quite useful. Ish.

4. The iPhone as a whole seems much more streamlined without any noticeable pauses when switching programs or double-clicking the home button

I'll post anything else I find. Also I think I'm going to create a new thread under Jailbreaking...I'll link this to it after I make it.

Here's the new thread I started where I will be continuing to update if I find anything new. I'll check back on this thread as well but not as frequently
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-11-10 at 03:43 AM.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

RacerX910 (2007-11-10)

interesting, keep us posted when you get home

I believe this is only for the program touchfree for windows users, right? You might want to be clear on that so people dont go and install it and think the are just supposed to upgrade;especially us with macs

Green Apple
    Thanks
    installed it this morning, no icon apeared on the homescreen , and seems a bit of a redundent package, but spose all will be apparent when the 1.1.2 update comes out,

Thanks

I'm home for an hour before work. I'm finding this out. I'll keep you posted on my progress is the main thread.
    For Help

GUIDES:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidetalker For This Useful Post:

RacerX910 (2007-11-10)

i really appreciate you taking one for the team stalker_ thanked twice by me __much respect!!!

Thanks

i really appreciate you taking one for the team stalker_ thanked twice by me __much respect!!!
    anything for my fellow iphonians! (and its sidetalker... not stalker )
    For Help

GUIDES:

Not sure if you know but 1.1.2 brought us back the good old cheap ringtone renaming trick.

Best hidden feature of 1.1.2 IMO.
    As far as international keyboard, the .plist tweak on 1.1.1 includes more languages then what 1.1.2 includes so that's a drawback for some people.

Thanks

Very cool I didn't know either of those things! If you're running 1.1.1 can you confirm or deny this?
    5. I'M NOT SURE THIS IS 1.1.2 EXCLUSIVE When setting a timer in the Clock.app there is an option under "When Timer Ends..." to "Sleep iPod" (this in addition to the new Custom and Standard ringtone headings being visible) again I am not sure this is 1.1.2 exclusive can someone please confirm?
    That's from my new thread in the Jailbreaking section of the forum here
    For Help

GUIDES:

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    Very cool I didn't know either of those things! If you're running 1.1.1 can you confirm or deny this?

That's from my new thread in the Jailbreaking section of the forum here
    The sleep iPod was there since day one as far as I remember.
    This is mainly for speaker dock users who wish to fall asleep to music but don't want it when they sleep (like a standard timer on radios and TV's)

Thanks

alrighty thanks. Yeah I never knee about this feature till I was feature hunting and stumbled upon it. Very useful!
    For Help

GUIDES:

i installed oktoprep and updated to 1.1.2 but when i try to jailbreak it it says i need to install oktoprep..WTF? anyway around this?

Quote Originally Posted by blade056 View Post
    i installed oktoprep and updated to 1.1.2 but when i try to jailbreak it it says i need to install oktoprep..WTF? anyway around this?
    i get the same thing? help please !
    r we supposed to run the oktoprep in anyway or just install and its running automatically...thanks for ur help in advance !

I might be posting in the wrong place or something, so please forgive me, but does anyone know what happens in the phone when you DONT install OkToPrep before upgrading to 1.1.2? I upgraded, foolishly, and 1.1.2 update works, but I can't downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.0.2, i can just restore my 1.1.2 and be stuck at the insert sim card screen.

I had an unlocked 1.1.1 FW on T-Mobile, and now i really dont know what to do. I read that there is a new version of AnySim that will unlock a 1.1.2 phone, but im not sure how! I really just want to activate it right now I can stand not unlocking it for a while.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or help me out!?
    i LOVE apple.