Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRadio

OK, give me one that works for you on EDGE. I'll try it and see where I stand.

Works for me on EDGE without a hitch.

Ok newb question but I've read this whole thread and I didn't see it answered. What exactly do the numbers in the 2 columns next to each station mean? I gathered that M means I can play it and A does not. but the numbers don't seem to make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by twopossums View Post
    Ok newb question but I've read this whole thread and I didn't see it answered. What exactly do the numbers in the 2 columns next to each station mean? I gathered that M means I can play it and A does not. but the numbers don't seem to make any sense to me.
    It's the bitrate the station streams at. The higher the bitrate, the better the sound quality, the more bandwidth used.

That's for the first number, I'm not sure about the second - maybe the current stream count?
    Last edited by jrentzke; 2007-12-29 at 11:24 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Second number is how many sources have requested to play the stream - i.e., how many people are listening at the time the information was requested.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tsatryan For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (2007-12-31)

Thank you so much for the application I've being using since the frist day it was released, and since I use it in my car for the 1 and half hour commute the volume is not an issue but as I move from one tower to the next since Im moving at 65 - 75 mph its not very stable but it isn't the applications fault its the iphone and the network it uses lets face its not the greatest in the world oh well ...

The thing is that Im a programmer (not a great one but one never the less {C, C++, Java, started studying Objective-C}) and well I was wondering how can I help with the development, so here are some questions.

1.) I know the application is free, but what about the source code, may access it, modify, perfect, any public releases would abviously be done with your permission.
    2.) Are you currently the only one developing the application or you part of a team.
    3.) Is the project part of Googles code, open software management system.
    4.) For how long do you or your team plan on continuing perfecting the application.
    5.) How close are you to release candidate not a beta release ...

if any of this question have being brought b4 this post I do apologise, thanks.

im loving this application, but there are problems however, which I am looking forward for the fix:

1) the program crashes after several channel change, not only it crash, it reboot the iphone itself, 1 time it even put my iphone into restore mode! and i have to reinstall everything again.

hope im not the only one that has the problem =/

Thanks

I'm glad you ARE the only one having that problem! I wouldn't wish that problem on others!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just installed the app...I tell you this phone just keeps getting better and better...not to mention those developing these wonderful apps are awsome......Did Apple have any clue what they were creating.....

Any updates regarding louder volume? I've reaized that its noticable quieter than the iPod application.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-01-11 at 02:20 PM. Reason: followup question

Default playing local stream
    hi mewza, howdy people

i'm trying to play a stream from my local slimserver to the iphone, stream is playing at http://192.168.0.75:9000/stream.mp3
    i looked at the Stations.plist, but it doesn't seem to be possible to add url-streams. is that correct?
    next i tried to manually start ./streamer with the url from the console (Term-vt100). it seemed to play (no error msg), but i could hear no sound (also after changing the volume in the console). should this work? if yes, would it be possible to exit the console, with sound still playing? (with nohub or something?)
    has anyone got something like this to work?

best thing would be if any url-stream could be added in the gui or in the plist file. any development going on in this direction?

cheers
    andi
    ---
    relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten

So Far , I Was Hit With A Restart That Takes Very Long To Load When Updating The Channel Directory. Other Then Tat... Working Fine

Unfortunately, my recommendation to anyone using this app is to DELETE IT.

It almost certainly is responsible for permanently damaging my iPhone speaker. I've got to go back to the Apple store today to exchange mine (for a 1.1.3, no doubt) because my ringer/sounds/speaker are barely audible and distorted. I used to be able to hear my phone ring in my pocket - now I can't. Video and music is unplayable.

It all happened the other day when I had it up at full volume while driving (the car I was in had no radio) and while listening to some local news, the speaker suddenly went crackly, distorted and the volume dropped. I hadn't noticed any distortion or indications the speaker was over-taxed up to that point. At first, I thought the reception was poor, but later discovered nothing sounded right through the speaker, anymore. Stopped by at an Apple store last night and the tech confirmed that something was wrong.

I've done two full restores/baseline and implemented the various audio enhancing plists posted here in other threads - nothing helps. The speaker is toast.

I'm well aware that iRadio is 'experimental' and so forth, user beware, etc. -- But the devs need to either remove any volume boosting or post a MAJOR DISCLAIMER, as I doubt I'm the first to attempt to listen at full volume. THIS APP CAN DAMAGE YOUR IPHONE SPEAKER PERMANENTLY.

Thanks

interesting that no one else has had such a problem. I wouldn't be so quick to accuse iRadio. Reporting that you have a speaker problem, which is random, is one thing. To try to attribute the speaker problem to a software is a stretch, at best. Might it not just be possible that you have/had a problem somewhere else - like maybe even a faulty speaker - that only became evident while using iRadio?

I've been using iRadio at full crank -- which is still less loud than most songs playing within the iPod function -- with no problems at all. It sounds like the previous poster had a speaker that was destined for malfunction and that it just happened to suffer its breakdown while using iRadio.

An old scientific maxim: Correlation doesn't imply causality. Just because people buy more ice cream during the summer doesn't mean that eating ice cream causes the outside temperature to rise. It's really easy to blame one thing when it's accompanied by another, but sometimes they're either not related or they're related in a whole different way. (And that was my stats-lecture-in-a-paragraph. I apologize.) :-)

Randy

I installed iRadio on my jailbroken (obviously!) 1.1.1 phone. I love, love, LOVE the concept and want to love the app itself but there are bugs, of course. I find that the first station I choose after launching the app usually seems just fine volume-wise but that subsequent selections are VERY much softer...often to the point of being almost inaudible even with the phone's volume turned all the way up. Beyond this little problem, I'd love to have a way to either search for particular stations and/or a way to bookmark favorites so that I don't have to go through all of the listings again the next time to find my favorites.

Otherwise, this is a very cool app! Thanks.

I installed iRadio on my jailbroken (obviously!) 1.1.1 phone. I love, love, LOVE the concept and want to love the app itself but there are bugs, of course. I find that the first station I choose after launching the app usually seems just fine volume-wise but that subsequent selections are VERY much softer...often to the point of being almost inaudible even with the phone's volume turned all the way up. Beyond this little problem, I'd love to have a way to either search for particular stations and/or a way to bookmark favorites so that I don't have to go through all of the listings again the next time to find my favorites.

Otherwise, this is a very cool app! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I've been using iRadio at full crank -- which is still less loud than most songs playing within the iPod function -- with no problems at all. It sounds like the previous poster had a speaker that was destined for malfunction and that it just happened to suffer its breakdown while using iRadio.

An old scientific maxim: Correlation doesn't imply causality. Just because people buy more ice cream during the summer doesn't mean that eating ice cream causes the outside temperature to rise. It's really easy to blame one thing when it's accompanied by another, but sometimes they're either not related or they're related in a whole different way. (And that was my stats-lecture-in-a-paragraph. I apologize.) :-)

Randy
    Oh god you are reminding me of my research methods professor! I was hopeing to forget what you just mentioned.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Doesn't appear to be compatible with 1.1.3. Everytime I open it it crashes to the spring board...please Dev members find a way for this wonderful app to work on 1.1.3.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Doesn't appear to be compatible with 1.1.3. Everytime I open it it crashes to the spring board...please Dev members find a way for this wonderful app to work on 1.1.3.....
    If you SSH into your iPhone, and set all permissions for iRadio to 0755, it will work fine on 1.1.3

man i want this app but i guess it's best to wait it out and see if it gets more stable along the way. i'll keep an eye on this one

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast