Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRadio

Quote Originally Posted by aghazi View Post
    Can anyone help me out? I searched the whole thread but could not find answer. When I load iRadio, it downloads the Genres 100% but then do nothing. It sits there on screen with 100% "Loading Genres" bar. I had this problem on my 1.1.2 and now 1.1.3 too. I already set the permission accordingly. Tried to install through installer and manually as well.

Regards,
    AG
    in mac os x, ssh into it and right click on the iradio.app folder and check "set permissions recusevly"

My god I finally got this working.

I noticed the plug-in folder was not set to 0755 but 0750.

Once I made the change the app started working!

some stations do not work....can skip or delete?

does someone know if there is an overview of all supported radio stations within iRadio?
    haven´t found anything yet

It's basically all the stations available on shoutcast.com that are in mp3 format

the volume noise on headphones too low? but on speakers its fine? what's goin on? is this normal?

oh nevermine, the app is lil buggy i guess. restarted the app couple times and it works. but there's still some problems which i theres no menu when trying to load Player & Settings option under the main menu!!
    Last edited by dakomo; 2008-03-18 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by dakomo View Post
    the volume noise on headphones too low? but on speakers its fine? what's goin on? is this normal?

oh nevermine, the app is lil buggy i guess. restarted the app couple times and it works. but there's still some problems which i theres no menu when trying to load Player & Settings option under the main menu!!
    turn up the volume on your ipod and it will turn up the volume for iRadio. I like this app but it's way too buggy right now.

it's too bad the developer is no longer updating this app. It had such great potential :-(

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GravityEyes View Post
    it's too bad the developer is no longer updating this app. It had such great potential :-(

yes unfortunately it seems many of the developers are working on stuff for the sdk
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

i agree, such a great app, but only down side is it crashes a lot =/

I have 1.1.4. Can't get iRadio working no matter what I do...
    PLEASE HELP!!!

> When I installed it, it opened and crashed immediately.
    > Then I installed the BigBoss iRadio Patch, and now it opens and starts to load Genres but immediately fails and crashes.
    > Finally, I changed all permissions on the iRadio folder, and set them to 0755 recursively, or even 0777, and it still immediately fails and crashes when it tries to load Genres.

> Using WinSCP, I moved the iRadio.app folder to my computer and removed it from the device. Then reuploaded to the device. Now the Owner is root. Now when trying to open, the screen is white for a few seconds, then crashes.
    > Finally, I changed all permissions on the iRadio folder, and set them to 0755 recursively, or even 0777, and it still immediately fails and crashes when it tries to load Genres.

I can't seem to get it to load the Genres no matter what I try... Any ideas???

You can try the following:

chmod 4755 /Applications/iRadio.app/iRadio
    mkdir -p /usr/local/lib
    ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib /usr/local/lib/.

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    You can try the following:

chmod 4755 /Applications/iRadio.app/iRadio
    mkdir -p /usr/local/lib
    ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib /usr/local/lib/.
    Tried that... --On the last command, it said file exists already. I checked it out, and /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib was pointing to /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib which was in turn pointing to /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.0.4.dylib

All symlinks and the libstdc++.6.0.4.dylib file have 0755 permissions set.

iRadio still comes up for a second, saying Loading Genres, then crashes back to springboard... Any other ideas??? I really miss this program!

Flytunes.fm just isn't the same!
    Last edited by AndrewBucklin; 2008-04-10 at 06:08 AM.

Ok, after a fresh restore, and following my own advice, I also had iRadio crashing back to Springboard.

This fixed it for me:

cd /Applications
    chmod +s iRadio.app
    chown -R mobile:mobile iRadio.app

See if it works for you.

I finally got this working using the fix download. Very cool app! Finally one that is more than a novelty. I actually had a 128 kps stream coming over Edge smoothly while sitting in the mall and it sounded great. But I haven't been able to get a smooth stream at that rate since, only those less than 64, which is pretty poor sound quality.

I would love to see something developed further along these lines, which better channel sorting, a way to save favorites, and such. If iRadio has stopped, has anyone heard of another app being worked on?

Back to iRadio, I understand what the first colum next to the channel/station name means (kbps), but what are the other two? For example, one channel has this: "128 63 M" Sometimes instead of "M" there's an "A". What's that and the second number represent?

Scott

what source is this from? can't find it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Skaught View Post
    I finally got this working using the fix download. Very cool app! Finally one that is more than a novelty. I actually had a 128 kps stream coming over Edge smoothly while sitting in the mall and it sounded great. But I haven't been able to get a smooth stream at that rate since, only those less than 64, which is pretty poor sound quality.

I would love to see something developed further along these lines, which better channel sorting, a way to save favorites, and such. If iRadio has stopped, has anyone heard of another app being worked on?

Back to iRadio, I understand what the first colum next to the channel/station name means (kbps), but what are the other two? For example, one channel has this: "128 63 M" Sometimes instead of "M" there's an "A". What's that and the second number represent?

Scott
    The second number is the amount of stream requests.
    As for the 'M' & 'A' - all I know is that it can only play the 'M' streams. Don't know what they stand for though.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011