Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iJiang: English to Chinese phrases for everyone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iJiang: English to Chinese phrases for everyone
    iJiang v0.1

I notice alot of people wanted a simple english to chinese dictionary, so this is the least I can provide.

iJiang if said in chinese, sounds alot like "love to talk". And that is the whole point of this app. Foreigners travelling in China will find it hard to converse with the locals there as they are mostly mandarin educated. This app provides the essential chinese phrases for everday speech.

It also provides pronunciation that is closely related to english words rather than the official pinyin format, making it easier for foreigners to master the pronunciation of chinese phrases.

Best of all, its free.

Screenshot:

Install:
    1. Download from Here the rar package.
    2. Unrar, place "iJiang.rar" into your applications folder in your iphone.
    3. 775 everything inside iJiang.app
    4. Respring, ready to run!

Until iJiang appears on the repo, use the method above ^^.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wahkiz For This Useful Post:

jrentzke (2008-05-04), multinova (2008-05-05), zedeff (2008-05-04)

seems to be a very useful application for many
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

ha, the pronunciation is cute~
    One China

I'll be going to China for part of my Honeymoon in July....so this will come in very handy!! Thanks!!!

Its a great app. Would love to see it developed further. I was searching for something like this for quite some time.
    Last edited by zedeff; 2008-05-04 at 10:25 AM.

this is gonna be totally useful, I'm going to hong kong in 3 months

hi ive installed this using winscp. I put all the unzipped files into my application folder.

When i load it on the iphone, all i get is iJiang front page and it freezes...any ideas how to resolve this??

thanks

Thanks

Hi wayne

read the instruction, it says 755 all the files inside ijiang.app

Please help. I'm on MAC and my iPhone is 1.1.4 unlocked with ZiPhone.

Can someone be kind enogh to guide me on how to install iJiang? I don't even know where the Iphone application folder is, then after that, what do I do? What is "755"?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Hi wayne

read the instruction, it says 755 all the files inside ijiang.app
    Thanks alot i didnt notice it damn! thanks works now

Quote Originally Posted by cmyk328 View Post
    Please help. I'm on MAC and my iPhone is 1.1.4 unlocked with ZiPhone.

Can someone be kind enogh to guide me on how to install iJiang? I don't even know where the Iphone application folder is, then after that, what do I do? What is "755"?

Thanks.
    are you using windows?? if so u need to download

winSCP... then go online find a guide on how to use that program to connect to the iphone

once connected the folder is /Application

copy and paste the unzipped contents into that folder

then click into the ijiang folder, highlight everything and click properties..then change the permissions to 755. n then done
    Last edited by wayne9394; 2008-05-05 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm on MAC, can you direct me to the step-by-step guide on how to install this application? Thanks.

Im on a mac too! Any help would be appreciated!

no offense....but 90% of the phrases in that screen shot have the worst "pronunciation" guide that do not even come close to the correct sound. why are you creating your own "pinyin" when there is a perfectly usable pinyin to use with its own helping pronunciation guide.

also....for those who wanted to use this in HK.....it wont help as its not the same language as northern china.

Thanks

Hi benderbends,

This app is not mend for people like you who already have a grasp on chinese. I do not assume that westerners can pronounce pinyin exactly the way they mend to be unless they learn it properly. This is a quick pronunciation guide and is not mend for learning purposes.

As I explained above, I try to match the closest english word to the pronunciation, to at least get the conversation going. If you are looking for an app to learn chinese, please purchase iChinese. I do not charge a cent for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximpostrxx View Post
    this is gonna be totally useful, I'm going to hong kong in 3 months
    Remember that most people speak Cantonese in HK...not Mandarin.

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Hi benderbends,

This app is not mend for people like you who already have a grasp on chinese. I do not assume that westerners can pronounce pinyin exactly the way they mend to be unless they learn it properly. This is a quick pronunciation guide and is not mend for learning purposes.

As I explained above, I try to match the closest english word to the pronunciation, to at least get the conversation going. If you are looking for an app to learn chinese, please purchase iChinese. I do not charge a cent for this.
    i understand its not meant for "learning"...but it is.
    also...with your pronunciation guide...every person has a different way of saying words...so it makes it even more difficult to follow yours. If you wanted to make yours work...without using a real pronunciation guide like pinyin...then you should use audio files to help.

btw...i already had ichinese for the dictionary part, bt i do like your "free" quality