Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize Is Back And Better Than Ever!

iPhone? More like MyPhone flrdotcom's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hozay09 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how to even USE customize! The prior version's were simple to use. I installed the iPear theme and haven't a clue where to find to install it.

open customize, click theme browser, click my themes (bottom left), click ipear under the themes list, scroll down click apply theme to device, restart.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i want to manualy add themes and icons i dont like that this is web based. any way i can do that. and if not where can i get the older version?
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    i want to manualy add themes and icons i dont like that this is web based. any way i can do that. and if not where can i get the older version?
    the old customize should be on the ipodtouched source last time i checked. adding your own themes via SSH to customize 2 is a very difficult task but its possible. here are the steps:

1. Go to "/private/var/mobile/Library/Customize2" in SSH and edit "SystemFilePaths.plist"
    A. Basically, you have lots of entries already there that look like this -

"<key>Customize</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>Category</key>
    <string>Application Icons</string>
    <key>DestinationPath</key>
    <string>/Applications/Customize.app/icon.png</string>
    <key>FileName</key>
    <string>Customize1.png</string>
    </dict>
    </array>"

This example specifies the"new" icon for customize.app. The string under "<key>DestinationPath</key>" determines the file to be replaced, and the string under "<key>FileName</key>" determines the file that will replace it. The "new" file should be placed in "/private/var/mobile/Library/Customize2/ "the key from the first line (i.e. Customize)" ."

That last bit was confusing, but it becomes a bit easier to understand if you look at the folders that I referred to and see how the already modded apps are set up...

Anyway, in order to put in your own icons, all you need to do is copy + paste one of these into "SystemFilePaths.plist" and enter in the appropriate info.

However, connecting to the Customize server seems to wipe the changes, so be prepared to restore your modded .plist before you apply the theme. If you download the theme and SSH in the new icon.png's they stay there, but the .plist just wont have the modded paths.

I know this was very cryptic, so feel free to message me or post questions.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

thank you much man. i hope you dont mind a few pm's about this?. lol i will try when iget home. i just wish it was as easy as b4. this only based thing is bologna. i do like hopw thae app is set up and simplified. but online based is not waht i was lookin for, i wish there was a warning to read so i wouldnt have downloaded it. owell live and learn. jumped the gun again. lol

ps ill give that thank button a whack if this works. lol
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

ive been usinf this fo rmy v1.1.4, and it works fine the only thing is that the re-arrangement of the icons/apps is missing...where can find this one?

i love to use the Glass Orb theme on 5 docks...
    kinda help here

Thanks

I installed it.. then each time i click the icon of it it open then closes.. it wont work.. What i should do? lol
    ---------------------------------------------

Now I'm having problems having stay open myself.. just when I finally figured out how to use it! I swear today is frustrating. I should have never used idemocracy3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    thank you much man. i hope you dont mind a few pm's about this?. lol i will try when iget home. i just wish it was as easy as b4. this only based thing is bologna. i do like hopw thae app is set up and simplified. but online based is not waht i was lookin for, i wish there was a warning to read so i wouldnt have downloaded it. owell live and learn. jumped the gun again. lol

ps ill give that thank button a whack if this works. lol
    feel free to PM or email me.

Anyone have any idea why mine keeps crashing? It worked fine this morning, I restored the phone, jailbroke/unlocked it again with Ziphone and now it just won't work.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

did you install the SUID fix from installer?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

hozay09 (2008-05-09)

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    did you install the SUID fix from installer?
    That's exactly what I did last night & it worked. Thanks! I was just going to post thats what I needed to do

seems like im not the only one who's customize crashes, i just found out how to use themes, and i unlocked my phone a month ago, so where do i find the fix, what source do i need to put in my apptapp???? I searched for it and couldnt find it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by domkvj View Post
    seems like im not the only one who's customize crashes, i just found out how to use themes, and i unlocked my phone a month ago, so where do i find the fix, what source do i need to put in my apptapp???? I searched for it and couldnt find it.
    ^^^You can take a look Here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12