Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Stacks customizable and grid view!

Default Mobile Stacks customizable and grid view!
    I just noticed that on the mobilestacks project home there is the new grid view video, and now there is a new stackcontroller 3. I ssh'd it onto my iphone, but when I hit install stack, it says that it "unable to enable auto-launch" would anyone know how to fix this? There is also an option under curved stack to edit stack contents. Tell me if you got this to work.

btw, heres the download: http://code.google.com/p/mobilestack/downloads/list
    Last edited by mooseman; 2007-11-04 at 06:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Nice to see that is app is advancing quite well.

hello, i just started using ssh and i tried putting the whole stackcontroller.app into the /root/applications but when i open up the settings there's nothing there, could you please help
    thanks,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkells1 View Post
    hello, i just started using ssh and i tried putting the whole stackcontroller.app into the /root/applications but when i open up the settings there's nothing there, could you please help
    thanks,
    make sure everything in the stackcontroller.app folder is octal code 0755, and everything in all its subfolders.

I'm sorry but I have no idea what that means anyone care to elaborat in lamens terms?
    but i appreciate the reply

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkells1 View Post
    I'm sorry but I have no idea what that means anyone care to elaborat in lamens terms?
    but i appreciate the reply
    If you are using Windows, when you are using winSCP, go to the stackcontroller.app folder, and go inside. Select all the files there and right click, then go to properties, and the little box at the bottom of the properties panel should have the numbers 0755 in it instead of 0644. This gives applications read-write access to files on the phone. Do this to the files inside the stacks.app folder also.
    If you use mac, I can't help you lol.

awesome thank you, does that need to be done with most applications you ssh?

I got this to work.

Here's a screenshot of my grid view. It's pretty sweet as a quick launcher for stuff.
    Last edited by 48check; 2007-11-05 at 12:54 AM.

how'd you get the "edit stack contents" to work? everything's with 0755 permission and still not working.

Quote Originally Posted by hanz0e View Post
    how'd you get the "edit stack contents" to work? everything's with 0755 permission and still not working.
    The developer told me that that option was a mistake, and was not meant to be in the public release. You customize it from a .plist in ~/library/preferences

btw, I got it to work, user error on my part

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

sweeeeet. development is flyin along for this sucker
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    The developer told me that that option was a mistake, and was not meant to be in the public release. You customize it from a .plist in ~/library/preferences

btw, I got it to work, user error on my part
    yep, got it. thanks.

How do you turn on the Edit Stack Contents?

How do you turn on Grid View?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    How do you turn on the Edit Stack Contents?

How do you turn on Grid View?

Thanks!
    There is no GUI for any of that yet. The 'edit stacks' content choice was a mistake, and does not work at this time. You can do both though by editing the .plist in ~/library/preferences that controls the apps and order.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    There is no GUI for any of that yet. The 'edit stacks' content choice was a mistake, and does not work at this time. You can do both though by editing the .plist in ~/library/preferences that controls the apps and order.
    I was wondering, do any of you know how to get the grid mode to work? If i add more than five apps, it converts the stack entries list back to default with the original apps that were there when i installed it.
    Thanks in advance.

omg i cant believe im asking such a noob question, how do i find out the names for all the stuff i want to put in my stack, and where exactly is the option for the grid? could someone upload a sample .plist please?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Erix18 View Post
    omg i cant believe im asking such a noob question, how do i find out the names for all the stuff i want to put in my stack, and where exactly is the option for the grid? could someone upload a sample .plist please?
    thanks
    The app name thing is found inside the corresponding app's info.plist just check that. If you add more than five it automatically 'goes grid'. Ill upload my .plist with 18 apps sometime l8r.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mooseman For This Useful Post:

Erix18 (2007-11-05)

ok guess im slower then i thought is anthing wrong with this

here sorry i realized it would not post
    Attached Files Attached Files

stacks run under 1.0.2 iphoneż?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast