Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Stacks customizable and grid view!

Is there a way to edit mobile stacks right from your iphone? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks..

Marc

well i saw something about a guy getting mobilefinder and text edit, which allowed him to find the file and then edit it in the text editor. it's pretty easy, as long as you know what to type in!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I customized mine using mobile finder and text edit also... pretty simple as long as you have what you need, mobile finder, text edit...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeDirecteur View Post
    Exactly my idea, but I want different icons for games, utils etc..
    Greg Meacher's Launchers do exactly that; I have one for Games, one for Apps, and one for "Settings" (that's the custom "My Launcher" from Greg.) Each has their own icon; for My Launcher, I'm using the icon from the iPhone's Preferences.app.

Thanks

Does anyone know how to make a certain icon appear as the default as the Stacks.app icon?

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuff2 View Post
    Greg Meacher's Launchers do exactly that; I have one for Games, one for Apps, and one for "Settings" (that's the custom "My Launcher" from Greg.) Each has their own icon; for My Launcher, I'm using the icon from the iPhone's Preferences.app.
    What's the source for Greg Meacher's Launchers? I haven't heard of them, but they sound handy.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-07 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    What's the source for Greg Meacher's Launchers? I haven't heard of them, but they sound handy.
    Shais apps has them. A new section appears titled Launchers

[QUOTE=Eurisko;118242]Does anyone know how to make a certain icon appear as the default as the Stacks.app icon?

the default icon that appears in front is the third app on your plist

Thanks

Yes, Shai's has them, but I prefer using the actual "real" repo, which is the iSwitcher repo:

http://web.mac.com/iswitcher2/list.xml

Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    Anyway to change the icon to a simple button and not the one behind the other look as it is? I just want mine to be an arrow pointing up!

THANK YOU!!! Works perfect! Anyone know a way to Rename the Stack? I'd like to call it like Favorites or contacts or something to that effect

and one more question! Can I have two stacks on my dock and if so... how?
    What in the world.. Did you answer the question yourself.. Mind sharing the answer will the rest of us, please.

hey, i am wanting to edit what icons show in stack although when I followed some instructions earlier in this topic.. i got stuck at:

2. get the com.steventroughtonsmith.stack.entries and save it on to your desktop

simply because this file is not in my preferences folder, where it says it should be...

com.steventroughtonsmith.stack

that is a file in my preferences folder above but none with the .entries on the end??

someone help! thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

its under /var/root/library/preferences ... there are 3 files that look alike, i believe its the first one though...

ye as hard as it may be to believe there are only 2 in there on mine and that file isnt in there... only 2 I have under that directory are:

com.steventroughtonsmith.stack
    com.steventroughtonsmith.stack.previousbuttonbar

I have Stack version r78 installed..

Have I done something wrong?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well, when i first looked at mine, the two that you mentioned were together, the entries one was seperated from the two of them... try looking again... not doubting you... just letting you know...

ye i promise u it isnt in there! I have re checked like 5 times very carefully :-(

nevermind! fixed :-) has old version installed
    Last edited by biddy2008; 2007-12-14 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Does anyone know how to make a certain icon appear as the default as the Stacks.app icon?
    Anyone knows how to do this?
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    whatever the icon of the third application in your stack is the icon on the dock. the second and the first application icons are behind the third in the stacked icon on the dock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i got a couple questions.

1. is there a way to get the stack icon in the back(the one when it's opened) to move in the front without adding it to the list? doing it that way offsets it and screws the look up.

2. is there a way to change the offset in the stack? i want to keep the vertical offset but line them all up horizontally, no side offset.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    I finally figured out how to make the stack appear as 1 icon (assuming all your icons are the same size). Basically I just made them all go to the same (x,y) coordinates on the phone. When you first turn on the phone it will appear as a stack, but after you press it once, it will appear as 1 icon. All you need to do is replace the attached file with the the one in the Stack.app. Also, if you want the reflection look, you can replace the icon.png in Stack with the one of the app (you placed in the 3rd position). I suggest renaming the original file though, not deleting it.

Remember this is a hack, it would be much better (& look nicer) if the source code was changed, all i did was change the appropriate bits in a hex editor. Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks a lot for the hack hehe!

The author will implement this in the next version:

" Comment by psychochromatic, Yesterday (24 hours ago)

Ok sorry for the long hiatus, I'm planning an update "soon-ish" (no ETA).

I will try to make sure abd have two new features:

* SummerBoard? theme recognition
    * Option for Single Icon in Dock

Sorry about the long wait for proper customization, it's still on the cards but I'm rapidly running out of free time in which to develop.

-S"

Thanks for the help.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Just an appearence tip I thought I'd share. Not sure if anyone else has implemented this.

So since the "stack" icon shows the 3rd app listed, I thought I'd make that icon slight more angled to give my pics a more realistic view. Less uniformity. See?

Just thought I'd share my idea.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast