Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 156

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Mobile Stacks customizable and grid view!

  1. #21
    Hm, I like this app, but I'll wait until it is a bit more polished.
    I don't like messing around with plists. It's not hard, but a gui is just a lot more comfortable.
    Also, I don't like the behavior of those stack icons always on top of the screen for a few seconds...

  2. #22
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Davis, California
    Posts
    674
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 83 Times in 74 Posts

    Does stacks work with notifications? You know, the little number in the red circle that pops up on your phone, text, email and installer icons?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    Does stacks work with notifications? You know, the little number in the red circle that pops up on your phone, text, email and installer icons?

    no...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Erix18 View Post
    here sorry i realized it would not post
    Heres a copy of mine.. Just make it like mine..
    i had moved some app to another folder to save space hehhe thats why u will sees strings like this ..<string>/var/root/Applications/TTR.app/icon.png</string>
    just make sure your icon.png are in the right path..
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to LaZARuZ For This Useful Post:

    Erix18 (2007-11-05)

  6. #25
    How do I find out the name of apps i added? I mean names as far as: com.xxxxx.yyyyy is concerned

    the plist in my library/preferences says the following:

    <dict>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.Base band Input</key>
    <dict/>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.US B Audio Output</key>
    <dict/>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.WM87 58 Input Device audio0</key>
    <dict>
    <key>device 'mlov' control on input channel 0</key>
    <real>0.070556640625</real>
    </dict>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.WM87 58 Output Device audio0</key>
    <dict>
    <key>device 'etum' control on output channel 0</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>device 'mlov' control on output channel 0</key>
    <real>0.0039369473233819008</real>
    <key>device 'mlov' control on output channel 1</key>
    <real>0.25196462869644165</real>
    <key>device 'mlov' control on output channel 2</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>device 'olos' control on output channel 1</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>device 'olos' control on output channel 2</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>device 'urht' control on input channel 0</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>device 'urht' control on output channel 0</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.XX X Baseband Output</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

    is that wrong?
    Last edited by Junkers; 2007-11-05 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #26
    Part 1: How to Install your stacks



    1. Get the latest release here http://code.google.com/p/mobilestack/

    2. Download and install it manually using Fugu

    3. Use Stack controller and click the button "Install Stacks"

    4. Restart your iPhone.



    Part 2: How to customize your stacks (make sure you complete Part 1 first)



    1. Connect via Fugu then navigate to /var/root/Library/Preferences

    2. get the com.steventroughtonsmith.stack.entries and save it on to your desktop

    3. using Text editor, edit com.steventroughtonsmith.stack.entries

    You will see the ff sample code:

    <dict>

    <key>ID</key>

    <string>com.apptapp.Installer</string>

    <key>IconPath</key>

    <string>/Applications/Installer.app/icon.png</string>

    </dict>

    The one in blue is the launcher for the app. The one in red is the icon. Simply edit those and save it.

    4. save your work and overwrite the old file in /var/root/Library/Preferences

    5. Restart your iPhone. Enjoy!



    Here are some of the command launchers (you can find this manually by going to App folder and checking each Info.plist within the apps)

    installer = com.apptapp.Installer

    Addressbook = com.apple.MobileAddressBook

    Customize = com.thespicychicken.customize

    summerboard = com.apptapp.SummerBoard

    ipod = com.apple.mobileipod

    Apollo = com.google.code.apolloim

    Books = com.zacharybrewstergeisz.books

    Finder = com.googlecode.MobileFinder

    iLight = com.sadun.iLight works

    SMSd = com.amrut.iphone.SMSD works

    Terminal = com.googlecode.mobileterminal.Term-vt100

    iSplit = com.kroo.iSplit

    weDict = com.hongtao.weDict

    Youtube = com.apple.youtube

    Stocks = com.apple.stocks

    Weather = com.apple.weather

    Services = com.byhoffman.iphone-apps.services



    Here's http://rapidshare.com/files/67491275...k.entries.html a sample of a com.steventroughtonsmith.stack.entries that I already modified. You can use this and overwrite the old file.

  8. #27
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    My stack.entries file reverts to original everytime I restart, so I can't get grid mode...

  9. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mississippi, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts

    Look at the info.plist in the app you are trying to add for "CFBundleIdentifier" what need is behind that.

    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.googlecode.MobileFinder</string>

  10. #29
    Anyway to change the icon to a simple button and not the one behind the other look as it is? I just want mine to be an arrow pointing up!

    THANK YOU!!! Works perfect! Anyone know a way to Rename the Stack? I'd like to call it like Favorites or contacts or something to that effect

    and one more question! Can I have two stacks on my dock and if so... how?
    Last edited by Junkers; 2007-11-05 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #30
    1.) try rename the "stacks" shortcut on the applications folder
    2.) no

  12. #31
    Retired Moderator jedinight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    c.s. texas
    Posts
    969
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 113 Times in 89 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    How do I find out the name of apps i added? I mean names as far as: com.xxxxx.yyyyy is concerned

    the plist in my library/preferences says the following:

    <dict>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.Base band Input</key>
    <dict/>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.US B Audio Output</key>
    <dict/>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.WM87 58 Input Device audio0</key>
    <dict>
    <key>device 'mlov' control on input channel 0</key>
    <real>0.070556640625</real>
    </dict>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.WM87 58 Output Device audio0</key>
    <dict>
    <key>device 'etum' control on output channel 0</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>device 'mlov' control on output channel 0</key>
    <real>0.0039369473233819008</real>
    <key>device 'mlov' control on output channel 1</key>
    <real>0.25196462869644165</real>
    <key>device 'mlov' control on output channel 2</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>device 'olos' control on output channel 1</key>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <key>device 'olos' control on output channel 2</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>device 'urht' control on input channel 0</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>device 'urht' control on output channel 0</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>com.apple.audio.CoreAudio.DeviceSettings.XX X Baseband Output</key>
    <dict/>
    </dict>
    </plist>

    is that wrong?
    hay get out of there!!!!!! thats the sound card!!!,,,iam working on that you can ruin you phone messing with that!!!!!!!!!

  13. #32
    My iPhone is a Part of Me sogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NorthWest
    Posts
    630
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 62 Times in 37 Posts

    Not perfect, but great idea.

    Anyway to get some anti-aliasing on the boxes?

    Why does it show up when I have another program opened?

    I don't like the stack look of the icons on the dock.

  14. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    Anyway to change the icon to a simple button and not the one behind the other look as it is? I just want mine to be an arrow pointing up!
    Heres how i hid the icons under the top stack icon. It works well i think.
    Attachment 3176 Attachment 3177
    Last edited by jarthurs1981; 2008-04-15 at 09:11 PM.

  15. #34
    Sooo how do you change the icon like that and um... wear did you get that theme... the umm.... icons... are sexy.. i mean cool..

  16. #35
    Default Is ther a way to maove stacks off the doc
    is tere a way to maove mobile stacks off the doc and on to the spingboard

    is tere a way to maove mobile stacks off the doc and on to the spingboard I'm soo use to my apps current location + I always use my Ipod so iI don't want to move it
    Last edited by infiniteone; 2007-11-06 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  17. #36
    My iPhone is a Part of Me sogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NorthWest
    Posts
    630
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 62 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by infiniteone View Post
    is tere a way to maove mobile stacks off the doc and on to the spingboard

    is tere a way to maove mobile stacks off the doc and on to the spingboard I'm soo use to my apps current location + I always use my Ipod so iI don't want to move it
    Don't have to, customize the plist and put the the ipod string in the third position, that way it will show up on the front when closed.

  18. #37
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    902
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 400 Times in 122 Posts

    is tere a way to maove mobile stacks off the doc and on to the spingboard

    is tere a way to maove mobile stacks off the doc and on to the spingboard I'm soo use to my apps current location + I always use my Ipod so iI don't want to move it
    or just change your double click home button shortcut to go to the ipod...i got used to this really quickly and hardly touch the ipod icon anymore
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

    STATUS: Real busy all the time...

    GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

  19. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidetalker View Post
    or just change your double click home button shortcut to go to the ipod...i got used to this really quickly and hardly touch the ipod icon anymore
    Or put the ipod icon as the first button in your stack... I was going to put my ipod, itunes wifi store, and settings (prefs, and smbprefs) in my stack... once they fix the icon staying visible too long bug that is... that would drive me crazy.

  20. #39
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    York, PA
    Posts
    902
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 400 Times in 122 Posts

    Or put the ipod icon as the first button in your stack... I was going to put my ipod, itunes wifi store, and settings (prefs, and smbprefs) in my stack... once they fix the icon staying visible too long bug that is... that would drive me crazy.
    Digg
    yeah the guy before me said that :P
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

    STATUS: Real busy all the time...

    GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

  21. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Junkers View Post
    Sooo how do you change the icon like that and um... wear did you get that theme... the umm.... icons... are sexy.. i mean cool..
    The icons i used are plainjain and blackjaindim and i used a megan fox wallpaper. i had a better pic with a white background but it wasn't appropriate to post.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •