Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iVirusScan - product of McAfee

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    All I know for sure that it does detect (Atleast my test) virus. So it maybe made by someone unknown that uses mcafee's site, but I swear to god that it did work.
    Yea. I searched their blog and thought that their developers or engineers are very interested in iPhone.

    http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/?s=iphone
    I think ... I do ... in my utopia ...

    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=324941&dateline=12156  49304

  2. #42
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by wao1201 View Post
    Yea. I searched their blog and thought that their developers or engineers are very interested in iPhone.

    http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/?s=iphone
    I wish a well known blog would confirm it works, since AlliPod*** keeps spreading lies! Now iphoneschool says it deletes installler sources and created SWOD. I am in the process of creating a video that would show me installing the app, and scanning for further proof. It just makes me mad that I have time and time again proved it works, but no one listens. They only listen to AlliPod***'s BS.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to mfleigle For This Useful Post:

    wao1201 (2008-05-03)

  4. #43
    Retired Moderator DoerrFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 461 Times in 229 Posts

    Warning: Im hearing it might be Maleware.
    I would not do it, there are no virus's anyway.

  5. #44
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    I just finished the video, but I have to convert and mute it. (My Cousin was playing GTA:IV and the dialog is NSFW,lol) I will post it on youtube ASAP. I had very shaky hands and it may make you dizzy but here is the link

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89l-cC3TtTY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89l-cC3TtTY[/ame]
    Last edited by mfleigle; 2008-05-03 at 12:10 AM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to mfleigle For This Useful Post:

    wao1201 (2008-05-03)

  7. #45
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    mfleigle, you seem to be getting very worked up over this, lol

  8. #46
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    mfleigle, you seem to be getting very worked up over this, lol
    Yes because the lies are such BS

  9. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    Yes because the lies are such BS
    It sounds to me like were involved in making it. No one would get so worked up over something they had no involvement in. To top it off you added a link to it in your signature.

  10. #48
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    It sounds to me like were involved in making it. No one would get so worked up over something they had no involvement in. To top it off you added a link to it in your signature.
    No I am just trying to prove my point, and the same people keep complaining I am full of ship

  11. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    No I am just trying to prove my point, and the same people keep complaining I am full of ship
    Well you sort of failed at proving your point when you showed us a picture of the virus it found. Since when is a text file a virus?

  12. #50
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Well you sort of failed at proving your point when you showed us a picture of the virus it found. Since when is a text file a virus?
    I don't know where you learned about viruses but I was taught they could be any file you opened. It was a test file that every virus scanner will pick up. Its extension may not even be a text file but that is how I labeled it.
    This is where I found it:
    http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
    Last edited by mfleigle; 2008-05-03 at 01:09 AM.

  13. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by mfleigle View Post
    I don't know where you learned about viruses but I was taught they could be any file you opened. It was a test file that every virus scanner will pick up. Its extension may not even be a text file but that is how I labeled it.
    This is where I found it:
    http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm
    From the very beginning your posts have shouted bullsh*t. No one would be this adamant about defending such a useless program if weren't involved in making it or didn't have something to gain from it.

    For everyone else. I'm not ignoring it because I'm afraid it might hurt my phone, nor am I not downloading it just to spite mfleigle. I'm not downloading it because it's completely useless and unneeded.
    Last edited by AndrewDos; 2008-05-03 at 01:27 AM.

  14. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    291
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewDos View Post
    From the very beginning your posts have shouted bullsh*t. No one would be this adamant about defending such a useless program if weren't involved in making it or didn't have something to gain from it.

    For everyone else. I'm not downloading it because I'm afraid it might hurt my phone, nor am I not downloading it just to spite mfleigle. I'm not downloading it because it's completely useless and unneeded.
    How have my posts been bullsh!t? I just want to get the point acrossed that it is not harmful. That is all I want me to take away from all my posts, and it kind of hurts my feelings that you think I am BS.

    McAfee has confirmed one of the apps!

    From TUAW:
    Update 8:45 ET: In a "curiouser and curiouser" twist, we have some new info from McAfee on the iPhone AV application... which was indeed developed at McAfee, contrary to our earlier reports from their press representative. Here's what else has been confirmed:

    * The 'Stinger' mobile AV tool for iPhone is an internal project that somehow "got into the wild." It was not intended for release (indeed, since it was developed with the community toolchain, it would have to be rebuilt for the SDK).
    * They are happy with the positive feedback they're getting from users.
    * It was a proof of concept. They have no idea if they'll follow through with an actual product.
    * Corporate and consumer offices are in adjacent cities, which explains the domain registration issue.

    As we get additional details and some hands-on time with the tool we will update further.

    And for the grand finale they confirmed the AV!!!

    Update 9:45 ET: Kudos to McAfee's media relations team, burning the late-Friday oil to help us make some sense of this story. Here's the official comment from Joris Evers, director of worldwide PR for the antivirus vendor:

    The application you blogged about is indeed a genuine McAfee project. We are always working on new platforms including the popular ones. In this particular case we were running a test to validate some recently developed technology. We happen to be first to test AV technology for iPhone. We're happy that iPhone users are already getting excited about it, as evidenced by your blog and the thousands of people who are trying out the application. Still, we are not ready to announce a new product, our development work is in the early stages.
    Last edited by mfleigle; 2008-05-03 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mfleigle For This Useful Post:

    iphonecake (2008-05-03), wao1201 (2008-05-03)

  16. #53
    and here is the link of mfleigle's post
    http://www.tuaw.com/2008/05/02/mcafe...wed-by-mcafee/

    thanks mfleigle
    One China

  17. #54
    iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Look Behind You!
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 70 Times in 59 Posts

    Really? Wow!


    If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

  18. #55
    Just a comment about these people who are saying "Macs don't get viruses".

    Wow... Come on, really? The only reason why Macs may have less viruses is because it's not important enough for hackers to make viruses. OSX is not the most secure OS at all--Linux is, and Windows and OSX tie second.

    I've used a Windows PC for over 10 years, and haven't managed to get a single virus. This is mainly due to the fact that I don't open attachments called porn.exe.

  19. #56
    I've been reading through these posts to see if anyone else was getting the same issues as me: It installs fine, but when I restart, I get stuck on the apple logo.
    If I ssh into the phone and remove the files installed (and there are a couple: app, etc, library, usr) Springboard loads up normally. I've tried it twice now with the same results. It does not seem to be because of a springboard plist, as it doesn't write any hook into that plist. So it must be some binary that the mcafee launchdaemon tries to load that's getting stuck.

    Anyone with any ideas? (or is it just a waste of time for me to try & make a program work when there is no virus to worry about?)

  20. #57
    Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Welcome to Jamrock
    Posts
    1,336
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 62 Times in 61 Posts

    is this a joke? lol
     Think Different

  21. #58
    My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nar Nar Goon, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    739
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 5h00p3r_MAN View Post
    Just a comment about these people who are saying "Macs don't get viruses".

    Wow... Come on, really? The only reason why Macs may have less viruses is because it's not important enough for hackers to make viruses. OSX is not the most secure OS at all--Linux is, and Windows and OSX tie second.

    I've used a Windows PC for over 10 years, and haven't managed to get a single virus. This is mainly due to the fact that I don't open attachments called porn.exe.
    Either way we still win. I have never got a virus on my Mac where I could use my Windows PC and get a virus in 5 minutes. And I wouldn't say that Macs tie with Windows in security. The security on Windows is shiite. God do I hate Windows firewall.
    People that say this stuff have never used a Mac. Don't judge till you try it!
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

    2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

    Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

  22. #59
    There is no reason why a mac could not be susceptible to a virus/malicious code.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

  23. #60
    Retired Moderator dale1v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,784
    Thanks
    335
    Thanked 395 Times in 268 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by matt4iphones View Post
    Either way we still win. I have never got a virus on my Mac where I could use my Windows PC and get a virus in 5 minutes. And I wouldn't say that Macs tie with Windows in security. The security on Windows is shiite. God do I hate Windows firewall.
    People that say this stuff have never used a Mac. Don't judge till you try it!
    Apple's marketing hypnotises yet ANOTHER.

    When you're popular, you get attention, good or bad.
    And one day if macs had 95% Market share? You would get viruses. This is for mac disciples in general: Stop assuming its so secure because no ones done anything yet. If I were a terrorist, where would I attack to get my point across? A highly populated city? Or the desert? Take a guess at which location the PC is and which location the mac is.
    If they were so amazing and so superior, why are so few companies utilizing them? If PCs were so bad and terrible as you zealots like to exaggerate, why do most of the world still use them? Wouldn't they have switched places?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •