Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iToggle, NetInfo and FixRingtone

Default iToggle, NetInfo and FixRingtone
    3 new native apps are available for iPhone:

iToggle is an improved "Services" app.

NetInfo shows netinterface info and routing info ("ifconfig" + "netstat -nr").

FixRingtone rebuilds Ringtones.plist when it gets deleted after you sync with iTunes.

They can be downloaded at:
    http://web.newsguy.com/marcio/iphone

Users with firmware 1.1.2 should upgrade to iToggle 1.0.5
    Last edited by buzios; 2007-11-26 at 01:39 PM. Reason: iToggle update

2. The Following User Says Thank You to buzios For This Useful Post:

tonydeli7 (2007-11-14)

Thanks

Thanks bro, im testing now...i hope it fixes the reason my edge will not stay on...on services i would turn it on then wait about ten seconds and it pops back up by itself

Thanks

is this on installer?

No they are not on installer.
    Once I learn how to build an installer package I will do it.

This looks good, but it doesn't appear that the Tinyproxy toggle is working. If I shut it off, it appears to work, but when I exit and re-enter iToggle it's back on. Also, the Auto-Lock switch is restarting the Springboard with each toggle. It doesn't do that if I use the native settings control.
    Last edited by DaveiPhone; 2007-10-31 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveiPhone View Post
    This looks good, but it doesn't appear that the Tinyproxy toggle is working. If I shut it off, it appears to work, but when I exit and re-enter iToggle it's back on. Everything else seems to work, although the function of the Auto-Lock switch is eluding me.
    Your tinyproxy is probably being restarted by launchd. You have to use "launchctl -w unload" or unload it with Ulctl.

The Auto-Lock is equivalent to "Settings->General->Autolock"
    except that you have only two choices: NEVER or XXX minutes.

Springboard is the app that controls Autolock. The only way I found to let it know that the Autolock setting had changed was to force it to read the new value by restarting it.
    Last edited by buzios; 2007-10-31 at 03:53 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to buzios For This Useful Post:

DaveiPhone (2007-10-31)

Quote Originally Posted by buzios View Post
    Your tinyproxy is probably being restarted by launchd. You have to use "launchctl -w unload" or unload it with Ulctl.
    Good call, deleting this plist did the trick: com.wickedpsyched.iphone.tinyproxy.plist

Quote Originally Posted by buzios View Post
    Springboard is the app that controls Autolock. The only way I found to let it know that the Autolock setting had changed was to force it to read the new value by restarting it.
    In that case, for me, it's more efficient to just use Settings and change the value to "Never". The only reason I would normally turn Autolock off would be a temporary desire to NOT sleep or restart.

Anyway, nice job, and thanks for the speedy replies!

The download link does not contain iToggle.app. Any ideas?

thanks a lot pal, I have been waiting for a native app which allow me to turn off only radio and let wifi running !

I tried downloading the .Tar files but it would not open using WinZip (Windows XP). It says the archive files are invalid. Any ideas?

Thanks!

iToggle works great. Thank you.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

iToggle is a pretty cool app

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    iToggle is a pretty cool app
    How do you download this using XP? I used WinZip and WinRAR but I'm not successfully able to open the file. Any ideas? Thanks!

I'm using 1.1.1, Toggle would open and shut down back to Springboard. I already gave permission of "755" to all fiels. Anyone experiencing the same thing or do you have any ideas to fix it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by rperalta; 2007-11-09 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by rperalta View Post
    How do you download this using XP? I used WinZip and WinRAR but I'm not successfully able to open the file. Any ideas? Thanks!

I'm using 1.1.1, Toggle would open and shut down back to Springboard. I already gave permission of "755" to all fiels. Anyone experiencing the same thing or do you have any ideas to fix it?

Thanks!
    If you open iToggle and it dies, most likely your permissions are not properly set.
    Make sure you have execute permission on "Toggle.app" directory and "Toggle" inside that directory.

hi

can anybody explain me how to install iToggle esessially the step with the chmod +x ...

can i make a folder like itoogle.app?

cu

mitze

Hey Marcio, if you're interested, I'd like to contribute some icons for other services, like Firefly Media Server, AFP Daemon, etc. If you've got a PSD file for your orange icons, that'd make life a little easier for me to contribute.

For anyone else interested in using this app to manage AFP and Firefly, I've attached my daemons.plist file to include in your Toggle.app folder (be sure to back up the original, in case you screw up).

Many many thanks, Marcio, for creating an app that's exactly what the doctor ordered!
    Attached Files Attached Files

nice app

but whenever i turn off ssh and exit the app, and try to connect, i can , when i turn off ssh while connected, it disconnects as it should/described, but if i try to reconnect immediately, i can, and iToggle still says its off...

is this normal? i installed via, SSH with full permissions,

thanks

This is normal because sshd is controlled by launchctl. You will need to get UIctl from Installer.app and use it to unload sshd from launchctl.

The interesting problem with that is, when you enable ssh and some other services like Firefly Media Server from iToggle, it doesn't start all features. So, ssh won't announce itself over Bonjour, but ssh and sftp work; and Firefly actually doesn't work at all. The deamon starts, but iTunes won't see the server.

Marcio, do you have any insight to help me get these working more effectively? I'd SO much rather use this app than UIctl. The extensible nature of that daemons.plist file is just beautiful.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to punkassjim For This Useful Post:

bezman (2007-11-14), tonydeli7 (2007-11-14)

@punkassjim

thanks, but i am looking for a app that will actually replace having to use launchctl. :P

thanks

I'm right there with ya. That's why I figure giving the developer some feedback might get it to where we want it to be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast