Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iToggle, NetInfo and FixRingtone

In my experience, the actual com.apple.CommCenter.plist file gets corrupted when disabling the phone feature with iToggle, and I am using Firmware 1.1.1 on an OTB 1.1.2 phone. I figured I would disable the phone/edge feature altogether since I am unable to unlock this phone yet (due to the 1.1.2 OTB firmware), and that caused all kinds of problems. Applications like Email stopped working and the phone has random crashes, probably due to application calls to services that are not running and a lack of proper exception handling thereof.

Attached is a working copy of the com.apple.CommCenter.plist file. I copied the file from another iPhone over to this one and it worked fine, or you can use WinSCP or other similar application to SFTP into the phone using OpenSSH on the iPhone and just edit the file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by javanetllc; 2007-12-01 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by javanetllc View Post
    In my experience, the actual com.apple.CommCenter.plist file gets corrupted when disabling the phone feature with iToggle, and I am using Firmware 1.1.1 on an OTB 1.1.2 phone. I figured I would disable the phone/edge feature altogether since I am unable to unlock this phone yet (due to the 1.1.2 OTB firmware), and that caused all kinds of problems. Applications like Email stopped working and the phone has random crashes, probably due to application calls to services that are not running and a lack of proper exception handling thereof.

Attached is a working copy of the com.apple.CommCenter.plist file. I copied the file from another iPhone over to this one and it worked fine, or you can use WinSCP or other similar application to SFTP into the phone using OpenSSH on the iPhone and just edit the file.
    iToggle does not change in any way com.apple.CommCenter.plist directly.

When the Phone switch is pressed, iToggle "calls"

"launchctl load/unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist"

launchctl then changes the "Disabled key" in the plist

If the plist is being corrupted your launchctl is not working properly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123