Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release]iRemote v0.2 - Control Itunes on your PC with your iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default [Release]iRemote v0.2 - Control Itunes on your PC with your iPhone
    iRemote v0.2

If you are nowhere near your computer, and all you wanted to do is use your iphone to pause the music or fast forward to the next song. This is for you. And to make things even easier, iRemote is bundled with wkLive authentication. That means you do not need any home network, any router configuration for this to work. And no, you don't need VNC.

Instructions :
    1. Download the attached archive. Extract, you will see 2 files and one folder.
    2. Transfer the "iRemote.app" folder into your iphone, make sure you chmodded the entire thing 755.
    3. Double click iRemote.exe on your pc, make sure that msscript.ocx is on the same directory as the program.
    4. Login using your wkLive account on your pc as well as on your iphone.
    5. Remember to have itunes switched on to work. (thanks dallas)
    6. Have fun!

(thanks to modmyi for hosting wkLive, without them all these are not possible.)
    Technical :
    - iRemote does not use your local network, instead it routes your commands to the internet and back to your pc. Therefore there is a significant lag between your iphone to your pc.

Vid tutorial :
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT_b1mJaBgI"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uT_b1mJaBgI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wahkiz; 2008-04-25 at 09:52 PM.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to wahkiz For This Useful Post:

cubiCPixel (2008-05-31), danielstoops (2008-08-24), Emrox (2008-05-09), gaz-d (2008-07-15), jordyvdheide (2008-05-10), lazi3boi615 (2008-07-12), mfleigle (2008-05-24), Monkeymartin (2008-06-24), morphiusrt (2008-05-15), Pantera (2008-05-10), roro8824 (2008-10-16), roy944 (2008-08-21), STx (2008-05-09), The_Ben (2008-05-10), tommyleexes (2008-05-11)

Works GREAT
    Instruction to add, after you launch both on PC and Phone, make sure you launch ITUNES, choose directory of music, then choose shuffle if you want and wala it works

Thanks so much!
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dallasnights For This Useful Post:

rsmg (2008-05-12)

very awesome!!! I'm always laying down wanting to switch to another song, and now I can without moving! Perpetual Laziness-- only in America lol!

which is better TouchPadPro or iRemote? ... we need a poll for this

i downloaded iremote a while ago and it works great.

tried but very slow in functions may be 5 seconds in delay ... not that much interested. i want to know if touchpadpro has a similar delay or not.

Thanks

Hi, the reason for the delay is because the commands are routed through modmyi servers, not directly phone to pc. In the future I might include a function to communicate directly , but that will require your iphone and computer to be on the same network. iRemote v1 works that way.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geft View Post
    tried but very slow in functions may be 5 seconds in delay ... not that much interested. i want to know if touchpadpro has a similar delay or not.
    touchpad pro works through vnc, but without displaying the video on the remote device. It's fast...virtually instant.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iBlunt For This Useful Post:

benkillian (2008-07-20)

whenever i send a command from my iphone there appears a error message on my desktop:

runtime error '429'

ActiveX-Components couldn´t create object: 'iTunes.Application'

whats wrong?

Thanks

Did you launch itunes?

Dude awesome release. This app is awesome!

I found iRemote on the installer and tried to install it and got an error saying it failed. I would just install it manually, but I am not able to chmod things. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Did you launch itunes?

yes I did, I also tried to start it up after i startet iRemote and so on...many variation, but every time the error appears

Thanks

Works great, nice app!
    Apples taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by wahkiz View Post
    Hi, the reason for the delay is because the commands are routed through modmyi servers, not directly phone to pc. In the future I might include a function to communicate directly , but that will require your iphone and computer to be on the same network. iRemote v1 works that way.
    Why wouldn't the App work like a remote desktop software ala RAdmin or VNC? Why does it have to go through modmyi servers? I just don't understand the need for it to use a server. Shouldn't your PC be the remote server the iPhone connects to over the net?
    • On T-mobile with 2.0 with help from Pwnage 2.0

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IriQuel View Post
    Why wouldn't the App work like a remote desktop software ala RAdmin or VNC? Why does it have to go through modmyi servers? I just don't understand the need for it to use a server. Shouldn't your PC be the remote server the iPhone connects to over the net?
    That would require people to setup port forwarding and be a general hassle for the average user.

But speaking of that, does anyone know of an iTunes remote for the iPhone that can ONLY be used on a local network.

I only have need to control the music when I am at home and on my network.

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    But speaking of that, does anyone know of an iTunes remote for the iPhone that can ONLY be used on a local network.

I only have need to control the music when I am at home and on my network.
    Touchpad pro has some media server thing that lets you control itunes, pretty cool actually but it only gives you 30 seconds cause its a demo version.
    And about this app....its really cool, but I would prefer if it used Intranet, not Internet to comunicate with my PC itunes...and the port forwarding thing would be no problem....but the app would be a lot better...
    BTW its kinda laggy...this app....but still its a keeper...." a FREE itunes remote"....yeah...good stuff

Great app! Wonderful for my workout! Are there any new features being planned? i.e. volume control and iTunes Library browsing feature? Tried Touchpad Pro today and it's cool but when I try to reconnect it, Touchpad takes 1-2 minutes to connect then the Music Media Server file is trial so it disables after 60 seconds. My firewall (ESET NOD32) can be a pain. but this is the least painful solution. Willing to pay for a app with more feature when available. Great Job!

Sweet app, its going on my media pc at work tomorrow.

would like to see:
    The option for a local server for those of us who don't mind setting it up.
    A tray icon to minimize the window to.
    Auto login
    Volume controls

wish list:
    View songs
    Song recognition so it can fetch lyrics, album art, wiki... basically a mashup with tune wiki

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast