Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Video Recorder - second killer-app from DreamCatcher

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    Hmm... you only have to share the code that uses the GPL. Anycode that uses or calls the code. You don't not need to release 100% of code.

But fact remains he is selling an app that uses GPL without proper licensing/payments so can be an issue.
    Thanks for the clarification, I was interested to know the finer details.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    Of course there is no comparison, one is an actuall working application, the other is an over-hyped screenshot on a lousy, functionless homepage.
    o0o sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by jmaddox View Post
    To tell you the truth I am amazed this is even a issue on the iphone it should of been in the os from the beginning along with a ton of other features you get on a cheap 50 dollar phone. I have steared a ton of people away from the phone because it honestly is just a ipod with a phone built in.

Its a fun toy but thats about it a toy!
    Im glad to see you love your iphone as much as we do
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2008-04-24 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iLive an iLife

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

good app so far looking forward to ushow to see how they compare. One issue I have found is that when I run the recorder my phone sounds are all muted afterwards. If I restate they go back to normal. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by scsi View Post
    Of course there is no comparison, one is an actuall working application, the other is an over-hyped screenshot on a lousy, functionless homepage.
    LoL amen.

Anyways, just installed this. Works cept for a few... bugs maybe?

I record and the video comes out landscape mode. Of course I'm not recording in landscape mode so what gives?

The menu after the recording is complete also comes out in landscape mode for some reason too.

I'm on ziphone jb 1.1.3.

But all in all, it's actually a working video recorder. Good app so far.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    One issue I have found is that when I run the recorder my phone sounds are all muted afterwards. If I restate they go back to normal. Any thoughts?
    Yeah, this is annoying. What do you mean restate them?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i'll jump on the bandwagon, $20 is way to steep for any app. i don;t mind $5 but $20? especially with the apple apps coming soon.

Thanks

works on 1.0.2 lol , this app its self is still a little buggy tho might be becuase the firmware im on , the video is low colored and very pixelated and fps still seems jumpy.

anyway sort it up and lower the price and ill deff buy it!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yungfreshgent20 View Post
    wait for another app this thing is crap the sound and video capture suck the interface is really cheap and the recorder dosent flip the video in the right direction in the finished video. To me this is like a windows app and ushow is an apple app there is no comparison between the two wait for ushow
    How can you compare two apps, one of which we haven't seen yet? uShow may indeed be better (I donated to uShow), but I need to use it to judge.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

i tried it out..the quality isn't bad truthfully...had to reboot my iphone to play first video i recorded tho...sound is pretty sh***y tho!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    i tried it out..the quality isn't bad truthfully...had to reboot my iphone to play first video i recorded tho...sound is pretty sh***y tho!
    I had to restart the app, but I didn't need to reboot.

When playing back a video, you don't actually need to exit the app first. I found out you just tap the screen to bring up the playback controls and the video will automagically begin playing. weird.

Thanks

it may be the first real video app released but its waaaay buggy ... ushow app ftw

so far this is better than a bunch of screenshots. when ushow maybe eventually gets done and released it might be better but till then this is FTW.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to matt.superman For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (2008-04-25)

For me it cost $30...
    I don't buy it.
    Quality not great...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i think this app is awesome. i can't sit n praise an app that doesn't exist (ushow). this guy did an awesome job. it records good on my iphone, the playback works just fine and looks good too, no pixels everyone keeps complaining about. sound is decent, and way better then no sound on a free demo app. you guys complain to damn much, ungrateful pricks
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

im pretty impressed by this. few things need to be fixed. when filming in portrait the video plays back in landscape and with the video cut off on the top. When filiming in landscape it plays back in portrait and again it cropped (this time sides cut off). Its like its has portrait and landscape confused. Im sure the intention was to capture and playback the whole scene and full resolution without anyhting cut off

I agree, this app is does the job and the dude didn't hype it up and get people going. Will ushow be a better app? Probably, but right now we got this and he didn't jerk us around so I'm with dreamcatcher...your just nuts to think people are gunna pay 20 bucks

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah hopefully ushow actually comes out within the week or so..regardless or not if drunk says he hates hearing us ***** bout it..this guy just came out of right field..been waiting since jan 15

I'm waiting for uShow.

Im going on a limb and saying uShow doesn't get released until June along with the app store...just throwing it out there.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast