Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Video Recorder - second killer-app from DreamCatcher

Although the video quality is pretty ragged, this is a huge step forward over anything we've seen to date.

Congratulations, coldrg!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drunknbass View Post
    hit the guy up, he uses ffmpeg encoder so he has to release his source code or he is violating GPL. :P hit him up and tell him to give you a copy :P
    Hey bro....what do you mean by this. whats he violating, I just like to learn no big deal. Thanks

hey i know its the starting well great work mate. and yes the sound get messy when record finish ... anyway features improvement.

keep up the good work.
    Core To Quad 6600 2.4 Ghz(4x2 MB cache), 1x4 GB RAM(888 MHz)
    Nvidia 512 MB (256 Bit) 7950 GT Graphics Card
    Wireless Mouse,Keyboard,HeadPhone,Wireless BroadBand
    HP W2408 Vivid Color 24" Widescreen Flat LCD Monitor

Great News!!!!!!!!!!!

New version 1.1.4 is coming...
    The video is dvd-quality!, yes DVD-QUALITY.

Please try it an hour later.

Anyone purchased can upgrade for free.
    Last edited by coldrg; 2008-04-24 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    Hey bro....what do you mean by this. whats he violating, I just like to learn no big deal. Thanks
    when you use gpl licensed code in your app, you are basically forced to share the source code or be sued. and there are companies that just look for people that violate licenses and go after them.. its usually not the best idea. the ffmpeg encoder in the app is gpl so.........

Looking forward to trying this app out.

Regarding GPL, don't some authors just release the functions related to the GPL'd code, but keep the other bits private, such as their copy protection methods etc?

Sucky if he's got to release the entire source code, won't take long for people to start compiling their own free versions.

Hey COLDRG, 1.14 is better but sound is still a bit muffled, and the pic is sort of dark, can you add a zoom or maybe a lighting feature to make the video brighter

Email works great too,

Keep up the great work, and thank you
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

wait for another app this thing is crap the sound and video capture suck the interface is really cheap and the recorder dosent flip the video in the right direction in the finished video. To me this is like a windows app and ushow is an apple app there is no comparison between the two wait for ushow

Absolutely cant wait for USHOW hopefully today based on the email at registration, I cant wait to try that out too

Love the developers thank you all so very much your work is greatly appreciated!

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Not bad at all it Not sure about the others havent been able to try them. But its definately a great start.

I just gave this a go, and I have to say I'm impressed.

Used the default settings on the latest version and the framerate was right on the money, very very smooth.

Request: Please move the "Record" button to its own menu bar at the bottom of the screen. Its easier to reach with my thumb, y'know for quick snap recording when I see a hunny walking to the elevator

Oh yeah, the colors do seem a bit dark on playback. I'd check the gamma, because they also look dark when played back on a desktop.
    Last edited by x999x; 2008-04-24 at 07:03 PM.

K new problem

If you rename and dont make sure is says mp4 on the ext, it will not show up in the recorded videos.

You can not play it via Mobilefinder or AVPlayer either

Otherwise so far so good

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

this is a great app so far needs more work

i would pay 10 bucks

keep up the good work

1.1.4 works good
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfreshgent20 View Post
    To me this is like a windows app and ushow is an apple app there is no comparison between the two wait for ushow
    Of course there is no comparison, one is an actuall working application, the other is an over-hyped screenshot on a lousy, functionless homepage.

I'd buy this for 10 bux, no doubt.

Just move the recording button to the bottom, closer to the home button for my thumb's sake!

Please create a change log on your site or here

thanks

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

what is up with ushow? Did this guy steal his code or something? Just asking cause i was following the other thread and it doesnt seem like ushow is ready I registered and never got a reply back. I also see they closed the thread for some reason.

To tell you the truth I am amazed this is even a issue on the iphone it should of been in the os from the beginning along with a ton of other features you get on a cheap 50 dollar phone. I have steared a ton of people away from the phone because it honestly is just a ipod with a phone built in.

Its a fun toy but thats about it a toy!

Quote Originally Posted by jmaddox View Post
    what is up with ushow? Did this guy steal his code or something? Just asking cause i was following the other thread and it doesnt seem like ushow is ready I registered and never got a reply back. I also see they closed the thread for some reason.

To tell you the truth I am amazed this is even a issue on the iphone it should of been in the os from the beginning along with a ton of other features you get on a cheap 50 dollar phone. I have steared a ton of people away from the phone because it honestly is just a ipod with a phone built in.

lol, worst reason ever to steer someone away from the iphone, just my imho. The phone is a virus, it sells itself once people see it.

Also, lets not start any rumors with code stealing, we've been down that road before and it didn't benefit anyone, especially us -- the community!

---

Back on Topic!

We really need a viewfinder overlay to let you know what area is actually being recorded. I tried recording in landscape and the video appeared rotated with much of what I see in the recording screen cut off. I followed this again by a normal portrait recording, and its hard to tell which areas are going to get cropped, because theres no indication of the "live-area."
    Last edited by x999x; 2008-04-24 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks

when you use gpl licensed code in your app, you are basically forced to share the source code or be sued. and there are companies that just look for people that violate licenses and go after them.. its usually not the best idea. the ffmpeg encoder in the app is gpl so.........
    Not to be a a-hole, but lets not start a whole "Your app is thrash" thread again.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaddox View Post

Why are you even here?
    Last edited by sogo; 2008-04-24 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hmm... you only have to share the code that uses the GPL. Anycode that uses or calls the code. You don't not need to release 100% of code.

But fact remains he is selling an app that uses GPL without proper licensing/payments so can be an issue.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast