Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WeiSMS/iSMS

Default WeiSMS/iSMS
    http://code.google.com/p/weisms/

No idea why I couldn't find a specific thread when I did a search for this app, I guess SMSD has kinda taken over as the de facto standard...

However I have always liked this one more, and don't ask me why.

I like it even better now theres a version which can take over as the default app without having to ssh, or play in terminal, as I believe is still necessary with SMSD.

iSMS Installer Source URL - http://iphone.nonsoft.com/repo/

* The source includes release and snapshot build of iSMS
    * The snapshot build will contain the latest changes but may unstable.
    * Please read the wiki InstallerSource for details

iSMS is a native SMS application for iPhone, with following enhancements

* Search your message
    * Forwarding received message
    * Delete message one by one
    * Send message to multi-recipients
    * Send contact information via SMS
    * Support smilies in Message
    * User could create pre-defined texts and append them into message
    * i18n support
    * More ...
    I am using the latest snapshot build on 1.1.4 and so far so good It even includes blacklisting if thats something you need
    Last edited by kyteflyer; 2008-04-23 at 06:12 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah... been using it for a while now, pretty sweet app... just runs into the problem when setting it as taking over default app, it henders the device to becomming unresponsive, have to manually respring through putty, and whenever you reboot, same thing.

Happend on 2 different restores... but still a sweet app
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Hmm, I have had no such issues, its working beautifully for me. Are you using the latest rc2?

well i dont like the new way to forward messages or reply. you have to use the native sms. i would just use the isms to send and receive messages. which it does do but whgen i reply i dont want native sms to come into play. just my opinion. eventhough, its a nice app but i dont like that feature.

I waitong for final release...

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So does this have convos just like the stock text app with the bubbles and stuff?
    iLive an iLife

yea it does. but when you reply it runs right off native sms.

what does this blacklisting do? block messages from unwanted number?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

eh, untill this uses the chat-like interface with the bubbles as the base for convos without single texts and stuff, no thanks
    iLive an iLife

I've been using the latest rc2 of iSMS without any issues whatsoever. The chatlike interface is finally working the way it should. Like an earlier post though, I'd prefer to reply using the "old" method of not using the "native" sms look and feel.
    pngster

Quote Originally Posted by pongster View Post
    I've been using the latest rc2 of iSMS without any issues whatsoever. The chatlike interface is finally working the way it should. Like an earlier post though, I'd prefer to reply using the "old" method of not using the "native" sms look and feel.
    Agreed, there should be an option to not only forward, but also reply and also conversation balloon style reply.

I sometimes prefer the traditional reply ie, standard sms input box, with ability to put multi names, and templates and most important, an SMS numerical count, so you know not to exceed 160 characters. In conversation bubble mode, there is none of these features, and no sms counter.

Mazor

Latest ver. is SOOOooooo Laggy, compared to SMSD, so until now i'll stick to SMSD, but great work :-)

SMSD also has a proper reply dialogue box, so it can have SMS counter, yum yum

MAzor

Interestingly, I've had some issues with it, too, since I first posted the thread... and so I am going to give smsd another shot.

Default Weisms/iSMS
    Hi everyone,
    SMSD doesn't function on my 1.1.4 so I thought of installing isms, so added the course http://iphone.nonsoft.com/repo/ but couldn't see the application Shown Chain's Apps on the packages list ... did he change the source or take it off?!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibal77 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    SMSD doesn't function on my 1.1.4 so I thought of installing isms, so added the course http://iphone.nonsoft.com/repo/ but couldn't see the application Shown Chain's Apps on the packages list ... did he change the source or take it off?!!!
    For More info... go here - http://code.google.com/p/weisms/

But what i w0uld reccomend is to go to www.iappcat.com and create your own repository, add it to installer, do a search for weisms, and add it from there.... thats what I did, and by far the easiest way to manage your apps and faster refresh. Nice iPhone layout for the site as well.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

I`m running RC2 but cannot get chat bubbles view. How can I get iSMS to show that view?

when reading a message, push the left hand arrow at the bottom of the message. This is essentially the "reply" mode in iSMS. and will bring up chat bubbles, similar to the built in SMS application.

MAzor

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mazor For This Useful Post:

BrumBrum74 (2008-05-14), mbrooksr (2008-05-27)

Thanks mazor. That worked. Problem is that I only see numbers and not name of contact even if it's saved and showing fine in native sms app and smsd app. Any clue why?

Can you add signatures PLEASE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast