Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Game: Lexitron

Default New Game: Lexitron
    Has anyone played the game Text Twist. If you have you'll be happy to know there is a new game in the installer called Lexitron which is a similar game. If you haven't played it before, then install Lexitron now.

Rather than retype information on the game, I googled Lextron and am providing a link to a review from Apple iPhone School
    http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/200.../lexitron-100/

You will need to install Jiggy Runtime to play the game.

A big thank you the Jiggy developer and to Big Boss. This game is my all-time favorite. I have Text Twist on my Palm T/X and play it everyday.

Enjoy!!

Thanks

thats pretty cool
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Hmmm are we sure this isn't just TextTwist w/ a new skin/name? Not seeing a huge difference? Maybe i'm missing something...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to y00y For This Useful Post:

mgmm1 (2008-04-19)

Quote Originally Posted by y00y View Post
    Hmmm are we sure this isn't just TextTwist w/ a new skin/name? Not seeing a huge difference? Maybe i'm missing something...
    I posted this at another site and was told the same thing. I googled Text Twist for iPod Touch and you are correct...this is a remake. My goof.
    Last edited by mgmm1; 2008-04-19 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Maybe the dev got an e-mail from whoever the original creater of TextTwist is for use of the name (i.e. could be trademarked? as the original TextTwist is a yahoo flash game, I think) and then changed it up... Or, some a-hole took the source and just made a new skin and name for it.

Edit: Yep, dev changed it up (see posts below). Nice, I like this game either way.
    Last edited by y00y; 2008-04-19 at 06:06 PM.

Default What a noob I am!
    Quote Originally Posted by y00y View Post
    I posted this at another site and was told the same thing. I googled Text Twist for iPod Touch and you are correct...this is a remake. My goof.

He updated the app and with the update changed the name. It is the same thing but with added features.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    He updated the app and with the update changed the name. It is the same thing but with added features.

Yep, its an official one =) Nice new features, thats for sure.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38576
    wwjd

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yep, fun game, challenging too. I likes !!

This is such a fun game. When I saw it was like a text twist game, I installed it immediately and I'm so glad I did. This is the coolest game since iZoo! Screenshots included in this post to show content and show the landscape/portrait functions.

awesome game...love it!

its by digicide who is the same person that made the original texttwist for iphone... this version looks better imho and plays better as far as advancing to the next level n things and has more settings which is always good

while i do love this game....i also hate it for the fact that the ONLY way to advance is to get a 6 letter word. once its updated so that you nly need to get a certain score, or percentage of words.....then it will be more playable.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I love those types of games, but due to the way I set my phone up it doesn't jive with jiggy. The trade off for a 100% stable, fully functioning phone on every app that I need works though. Still love these types of games. Might try a work around one day.

Quote Originally Posted by benderbends View Post
    while i do love this game....i also hate it for the fact that the ONLY way to advance is to get a 6 letter word. once its updated so that you nly need to get a certain score, or percentage of words.....then it will be more playable.
    well thats the challenge of the game... actually thats how the original game is... with out it its not as difficult, think about it, getting lets say 25 3, 4 and 5 letter words is easy, its childs play, whereas getting the word that uses ALL of the letters is a bit more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Ximpostrxx View Post
    well thats the challenge of the game... actually thats how the original game is... with out it its not as difficult, think about it, getting lets say 25 3, 4 and 5 letter words is easy, its childs play, whereas getting the word that uses ALL of the letters is a bit more difficult
    i wouldnt say thats "more" of a challenge.
    and there is a time limit, so obviously you would want to get a certain score within the timelimit...which might not be possible doing just 25 3 letter words.

if you only need the 6 letter words to pass...then whats the point in having any 3, 4 or 5 letter words?? to add 10 points to your score? seems hardly fulfilling.

Thanks

Great game... Very addictive. Only thing is it freezes up on me in the middle of a game & goes back to the main springboard sometimes. Does anyone else experience this as well?

Great Game,

Just wish there were a pause button to stop the game in case required to do so; say for something that comes up or even to go to the loo :-)

And yes, it also crashes sometimes after freezing up.

Cheers

Samething happens to me. Sometimes freezes and sometimes crashes and sometimes both. It's very annoying, but overall a very fun game.

And if you press the score on the rop righhand corner it goes to the preferences page, which I use as a pause.

This COULD be one of my favourite games if not for the constant crashing to springboard and freezing of either the whole game or just certain letters. A pause or save button would be very helpful. Please fix it!