Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FRING VOIP Launch

Default FRING VOIP Launch
    See the below link

Not sure how to use it, still trying to figure it out but the IM chat works over AIM, YAHOO and MSN

http://www.fring.com/iphone/
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

I cant get skype to connect, but AIM works. ... needs more preferences though, like not connecting on launch etc.

hey,
    i had posted a request for it on another forum a month or two ago and now it's here finally. thanks for the information.
    thanks
    1.1.4 Winpwned ----> 2.0 Winpwned

Baseband- 04.05.04_G
    Bootloader- 3.9 (1.0.2 OOTB)
    Call In/Out - Yes/Yes
    SMS In/Out - Yes/Yes
    GPRS - Yes
    YouTube - Yes

yay skype works, calling and texting!
    even when im in springboard, somebody calls me, itll pop up (if i didnt exit it)

that program rocks!!! but it need a bugfix and more things!!
    best program i eva seen

Great program. Noobs, don't be affraid - it's a sweet IM in the very least, I can make calls no problem. Good for making calls when no ATT service (I don't know, I guess I will try when I have wifi but no service)??? I will use this most while on vacations outside of the USA.

The program crashed once - to be expected.. I will report back with any troubles.

This release is very new, I registered on the web site from my computer and it says they don't support the iphone yet (after you register).

Get this app!

Also-

I cant seem to log-in to skype it just says subscribing, let it go for a few minutes still no go. Gtalk worked right away. Aim had to enter and try to connect 3 times then it finally worked.
    Really want to try this for skype voip calls. Any one got that workin yet?
    Also what happens when you leave a wifi access point and connect to edge does the program auto reconnect the chat clients? Does it keep your chat msgs until you really exit the program?

Thanks

Great App

skype worked for me... however, i did it about the first minute it came out :P

Hmm seems to work ok for me 1.1.4...but crashes on the 'test call' havent tried anything else but google talk seems fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cant log into Skype...***EDIT: It takes a while*** No notifier on springboard about waiting messages ***EDIT: Yes there is***. Besides that, what a killer app. Anyone have any info on battery drainage?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -E. Burke

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

So this allows free calls over wifi and it is a chat client?
    iLive an iLife

I finally got skype to sign in. I kept on trying, when it says subscribing let it sit for a few minutes. If i doesn't connect stop it and try again in a few minutes. Not sure whats happening, but took mine a while to finally work. I also made a skype call and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    So this allows free calls over wifi and it is a chat client?
    Yes it's both.
    It's a Chat/IM client as well as a VOIP client app.

Works great here, with the few test calls I made.
    Skype does take a few tries and a bit of time but once it gets it, it's good.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Emir S. For This Useful Post:

Bernie-Mac (2008-04-15)

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    Yes it's both.
    It's a Chat/IM client as well as a VOIP client app.

Works great here, with the few test calls I made.
    Skype does take a few tries and a bit of time but once it gets it, it's good.
    Awesome, how is it as an im client?
    iLive an iLife

this app is freaking SWEEETTTTTT

i dont use my ringer too much because im at work all day so it would be cool it the notification supported the vibe option.

other than that!! Perfect!

so far its a good im client, keeps you logged in while doing other things on the Iphone. Looks like you can even get messages if you disconnect (loose wifi/edge signal) and then reconnect, this happened to me, and an IM popped up and said off line im sent 40mins ago. So it looks like they might be using a back end server (but I'm not 100% positive)

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    Awesome, how is it as an im client?
    As I dont use IM or any other type of chat software (more of a IRC guy myself...might be the age), I'm unsure how well it works as a chat client, however for calls, it's as good as calling from my PC.

I'd expect to see a successor of this app in the App Store, once that is up and running.

its very good in all aspects

except it takes logn to connect ( i have fast intenret) :P

this app is awesome!!!!!
    i talked to a friend of mine for free!!!! and he is in another country!!!!
    its so cool
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast