Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FRING VOIP Launch

As far as the voice goes. I see the call coming in, but I have no audio, in or out. Anyone?

it must be the iphone app of the year 2008

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joechu_2000 View Post
    it must be the iphone app of the year 2008
    ...when it starts working.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    ...when it starts working.
    And also working voice support for 1.1.2 would be most welcome.

MAzor

great app!! but i cannot see my buddies from gtalk whereas yahoo and msn show properly. any knows how to solve this?? PLEASE!!

also this software is a battery drain. anyone has experienced this problem. within a few hours even on standby it completely drains the batt if left to run in the memory.

I contacted Fring and they said this is a early release so they are still fixing. I told them a few problems & crashing problems and they told me that they are working on it. Thought I would throw this out there for anyone who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by saifeeab View Post
    great app!! but i cannot see my buddies from gtalk whereas yahoo and msn show properly. any knows how to solve this?? PLEASE!!

also this software is a battery drain. anyone has experienced this problem. within a few hours even on standby it completely drains the batt if left to run in the memory.

Hmm, I have left mine on for ages and the batter drain has not been quite that bad! On Edge you, can get up to 12 hours online time using Fring on continuously. But if you use Wifi, suspect you may only get around 5 hours tops.

That is why the new 3G iPhone will be alot fatter, as the power requirement of 3G is substantially higher than 2G and Edge.

MAzor

oh, and gtalk for me works most of the time. Sometimes there is a longer dela than expected when logging into Gtalk.

Mazor
    Last edited by mazor; 2008-04-21 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this is the best app that i ever seen on my phone, but its a bit silent :S need fex it!
    bye

Quote Originally Posted by mazor View Post
    And also working voice support for 1.1.2 would be most welcome.

MAzor
    One's personal choice to continue using an outdated firmware should not be reason for the Dev's additional coding and support.

At this point, there is no reason not to use 1.1.4. (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
    Anyone using older firmware can only expect incomplete support and compatibility issues as time goes by.

The reason I use 1.1.2, as it seems to integrate with BSD subsystem better. Also ease of changing password of the root user is welcome. There seems to be alot more involved ways of getting most things working with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4, but in reality, I want to keep things simple, and some software like iSMS latest developments only support up to 1.1.1. 1.1.2 and above miss out on some of the features of this program. Also, it seems the Ringtone editor has alot of troubles with 1.1.3 and 1.1.4, whereas on my 1.1.2, absolutely no tweaking is required to get the latest version working.

Don't get me wrong, I think 1.1.4 is great, but the advantages from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 is minimal, and the only real benefit was the shimmering icons which let you manual reorder the icons, but again, that is what customize can do for you anyway.

Also I like using my phone as the root user for the time being anyway.

More than likely the upgrade to 2.0.0 will be quite substantial, and alot of internal application improvements will be made available, of which I like the idea of being able to search contacts as well as ability to save images off safari. That combined with hopefully a better Bluetooth stack will persuade me to upgrade.

MAzor

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mazor For This Useful Post:

illbond (2008-05-03)

I'm using Nullriver installer and I go to source and there isn't any edit to add Fring. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by pakaveli View Post
    I have an issue with MSN on here. It displays my old name (one I had a few months ago)...and it also shows old names for a lot of my contacts.

I had this same problem with mobilechat

Is there a solution for this?
    still having this issue. anyone have an idea?

Help.. I've been fring'd!!!

This time when it crashed, it left the phone running (1.1.2) but it does not respond to ANY inputs... screen, butons, nada. Hence, I can't turn it off to reboot. It talks fine to itunes when I sync, it just has no eyes ears or sensory ability.

I hope there's a way to reboot without doing a complete wipe and reinstall, reunlock, rejailbreak etc... Anyone??? Beuller???

Help!

Thanks

Hmm, I have been runing the latest Fring beta now for over 2 weeks. It seems pretty stable, and no crashing casused by fring. Thanks to the latest beta, 1.1.2 firmware iphones are supported!

Yay.

Which version of Fring were you using? Ensure you are using fring beta pre release 0.9785. This version works well with firmware 1.1.2 for voip. If you dont use this later version, fring will crash everytime you attempt voice communication.

You could try SSH ing into your iphone and physically delete fring from the Applications folder. Hope it helps.

MAzor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234