Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NativeCn - Native Chinese input for HK/Traditional Chinese

Default NativeCn - Native Chinese input for HK/Traditional Chinese
    NativeCn - Native Chinese input for HK/Traditional Chinese

1.1.1 only

http://www.iphone.org.hk/cgi-bin/ch/...319&pg=1&bpg=1

have fun,
    soda

ohhh nice, but I wish icosta would run on 1.1.1, no simplified version for 1.1.1

theres simplifed chinese in NativeCN n theres v1.2 but after i install tat, i cant type in chinese anymore.. duno wata happen

there's 2.00 now if you go to main site, it's not available in the repository

you can update 2.00 via installer
    this is for 1.1.1 only and you gotta make sure Japanese is enable under keyboard...

has anyone installed this on 1.1.4?
    im curious if it changes the whole operating system to chinese...or if it only adds the button on keyboard to change input methods between chinese and english.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i may be wrong but from reading some of the older posts in that thread, it seems like it changed the whole oeprating system to chinese. i'd also like to find something that only changes/adds the keyboard input method to chinese and not to the whole system

it only changes the keyboard / input type, not the whole GUI in iphone.

btw im using 1.1.2 and it works great

9. The Following User Says Thank You to powa For This Useful Post:

jtesnani (2008-03-27)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

that's awesome! thanks! i'd like to try it but i've changed my keyboard to a different design. would you suggest changing it back to stock before adding the chinese input download? did you manually download or did it via installer? it doesn't seem like anyone had a problem with this giving problems to their phones that resulted in a restore, correct?

EDIT: using 1.1.4 here btw. my chinese has deteriorated since i don't use it much so it was hard for me to follow that thread haha

i installed it via installer, add their repo, which explained in their post here:
    http://www.iphone.org.hk/cgi-bin/ch/...=1&bpg=1&age=0

Hope you can read Chinese =)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

haha yeah i can read chinese but it takes me FOREVER. i actually just went through most of that thread and installed the app. i LOVE it! it's awesome!

there is a link within the first post that i sent you, which teaches you step by step on how to install it. sorry i should've post that link to you instead =P

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

NativeCn is the best app ever! Although I cant read chinese very well but I can input simple phrases in pinyan. It made my weekend with my girlfriend more intense just by typing 'wo hen ai ni' by text! I am forever in debt to NativeCn! lol.