Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: {A27}Changing "Legal" in Settings

Default {A27}Changing "Legal" in Settings
    Hey guys, i was looking around, and discovered that i can change the Legal Section under settings to say whatever i want...

Here is a funny one:

"WARNING! Some of this devices components contain trace amounts of brominated compounds which can create dioxin when burned. Only set your device on fire in a well ventilated area, and never attempt to directly smoke or inject your device.

Earbuds contain trace amounts of phthalates which are within both strict US and EU safety standards. However, earbuds should not be ingested, smoked, or used as a sex toy by pregnant women, children, or rodents.

Pregnant mothers who ingest large quantities of earbuds may hamper fetal development contributing to shortened penis size (rodents only), shortened anogenital distance (human boys only), and undescended testis (human boys and rodents).

If the earbuds are ingested or inhaled in large quantities, the phthalates may contribute to allergies in children, and obesity in men."

Here is my personal one:
    "Copyright A27 DevTeam All rights reserved. </p>
    This Device is registered to Faktor4.
    WARNING: This iPod is jailbroken, and has been enhanced by the owner.
    This Legal Notice is an Official Certificate that verifies authenticity."

I have uploaded the Funny one into installer!

Add "modmypod.net/repo.xml" to your sources!
    Then install "Spoof Legal"

After the install, go to Settings-General-About-Legal and read it.

Have fun!

From A27

from where, can i write my own funny legal ?

i am getting package download failed
    and in the more info: the requested URL funny.zip was not found on this server blah blah blah
    any suggestions

Just go to preferences.app using WinSCP, and modify a .html file it's something called legal iphone..there is also one called the same except iphone is ipod, ipod touch users should modify that one...
    Last edited by ASNNetworks; 2008-04-13 at 07:48 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ASNNetworks For This Useful Post:

redeyez69 (2008-04-13)

Quote Originally Posted by ASNNetworks View Post
    Just go to preferences.app using WinSCP, and modify a .html file it's something called legal iphone..there is also one called the same except iphone is ipod, ipod touch users should modify that one...
    Found the file you mentioned what prog can i edit it with??im a windoze user

Just press right-click and then edit It's an html file, so there are codes you shouldn't delete and live by Like <p> after each line break...