Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer 3.0 Is Out

Okay I just got a new Installer update ! v3.0b8 !! This asks for a donation every time we start up Installer ! Very weird. "Donate Now" "Donate Later" and then upon restart We get "Donate Now" "Donate Later" "Already Donated" !

I've read this whole thread and I dont know if it is just a known fact or not, but you guys realize this is only a beta right? The "b" in the version number stands for beta so there will be problems with it. I might suggest for the ones having trouble with the upgrade, go back and install v2.63 through iBrickr for the time being until they come out one thats not a beta.
    So in other words, expect problems, its a beta.

How can I get my hands on v3.0b7 because that worked great for me?

I just installed 3.0b8 and installer just resets everytime i tried to open it(again). So i deleted it and reinstalled Installer.app through CyberDuck. Now it wont let me update to 3.0? Any reason why or what to do? I have installer 2.63. Should we all just wait to the actual release?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by custom2005altima View Post
    I just installed 3.0b8 and installer just resets everytime i tried to open it(again). So i deleted it and reinstalled Installer.app through CyberDuck. Now it wont let me update to 3.0? Any reason why or what to do? I have installer 2.63. Should we all just wait to the actual release?

I would uninstall then reinstall off of the installer update. And if it still wont open then check the prermissions of it and make sure they are set to 0755

Quote Originally Posted by custom2005altima View Post
    Now it wont let me update to 3.0? Any reason why or what to do?
    You've probably got the reference to v3 in the plist on the phone that says what has been installed where. You can easily manually edit this if you have a Mac and the dev tools installed, or maybe even with a text editor. IIRC, it's in var/root/Library/Installer ???

Quote Originally Posted by NoRawkus305 View Post
    I've read this whole thread and I dont know if it is just a known fact or not, but you guys realize this is only a beta right? The "b" in the version number stands for beta so there will be problems with it. I might suggest for the ones having trouble with the upgrade, go back and install v2.63 through iBrickr for the time being until they come out one thats not a beta.
    So in other words, expect problems, its a beta.
    uhhh... I thought beta was a fish?

Btw after I used "customize" to customize my phone to have no icons and changed its main function to keeping things from being blown off my desk I restored to factory and used the one touch install and have not had any problems... Still wary of "customize" though...

I recently tried to install MobileChat from the Installer and it would download but once the installing progress bar would start Installer would crash and go back to the home screen. I thought that maybe my space was full. I tried another app, the new iApp-a-Day and Installer did the same thing. I SSHed in and found in my applications folder, folders for those two apps with half installed apps. I deleted both folders and restarted my iPhone. Now both apps installed fine... not sure what happened but that's how I fixed it.
    iPhone 3GS, 32GB, 4.0, AT&T
    iPad 3G, 16GB, 3.2, jailbroken

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345