Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: John Tool v0.1

Default John Tool v0.1
    Saw this on ibrikr this morning. Not really sure what it does tho. Anyone install it yet and can explain alittle more to me about what it does?

well the description says that it keeps your wifi alive when you are running summerboard. I was having problems with this and I downloaded it, Ill have to do more testing to see if this is a true fix for my wifi dropping when my screen shut off, to fix this currently i turned off the screen shut off and changed it to manual, so now i press my power button after iam done with my iphone, just to keep my wifi alive, esp when scp'ing in.

installing this app sounds like it would drain your battery very quickly

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i read its for people that are getting problems when they turn the phone in stand by the phone drops its signal. so to fix this a small script runs in the background so the phone gets reception

Thanks

It claims to turn off something in Summerboard, what?

the iphone losses its wifi connection when in lock mode....
    this prevents that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

the post on tuaw.com sounded to me like this is for problems with your phone service when the phone is in standby/locked rather than anything involving wifi..not recieving incoming calls and that kinda thing. I don't know if there is a fix for wifi shutting off in standby.. You can turn off auto-lock or browse to the keep_iphone_on page on http://iphone.natetrue.com I've also noticed when plugged into my pc with the Usb cord that standby won't kill the wifi

I've installed this program and I think its killing my battery . So I deleted the program from summerboard but I dont think the function of this program got deleted. When I go onto stanby and comeback, my wifi seems to be connected . Anyone have idea hot to shut this off propery? Because when I run the program, there was no user interface on this program. All it did was soft reset my phone after the script was written to the program. Thankyou

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wkqkqkfk For This Useful Post:

jedinight (2007-12-02)

it was draining my battery life pretty fast as well, so i uninstalled it via apptapp, and my battery life seems to be normal again..

i think this tool is for people scecifically with unlock phones working on certain networks who cant recieve calls in while their phones are in sleep mode. i know that it doesnt losr reception on att so i wouldnt try it on my phone.

I had the same problem of my iPhone not waking up on incoming calls...

Solved it by renaming com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist (somewhere under powersettings in System/Library/) to com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist2 (so you can name it back if you want) and rebooting...

solved my issue... without sacrificing my battery...

enjoy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to continuity For This Useful Post:

liquid (2007-12-02)

Quote Originally Posted by continuity View Post
    I had the same problem of my iPhone not waking up on incoming calls...

Solved it by renaming com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist (somewhere under powersettings in System/Library/) to com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist2 (so you can name it back if you want) and rebooting...

solved my issue... without sacrificing my battery...

enjoy
    Confirmed its also worked for me

Hi, I'm new this this forum, and am having trouble with my iPhone not waking from sleep to answer calls, having read this thread is seems I am not alone ! could you give me an idea how and where to modify the text in the " com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist (somewhere under powersettings in System/Library/) to com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist2 "

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sjpsound View Post
    Hi, I'm new this this forum, and am having trouble with my iPhone not waking from sleep to answer calls, having read this thread is seems I am not alone ! could you give me an idea how and where to modify the text in the " com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist (somewhere under powersettings in System/Library/) to com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist2 "

thanks in advance.
    If you are on windows platform you must have installed Ibrckr or Iphoneexplorer to be able to navigate to iphone's filesystem.
    After that go to \System\Library\SystemConfiguration\PowerManagemen t.bundle find the file
    com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist and rename it to com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist2
    Reboot your phone and your done.

This solution worked for me already!

Hi, thanks for quick reply, do you know if there is a mac version of the program to modify the code ? Thanks again, Steve.

Independence? (maybe i am wrong) its an equal to ibrckr / iphonexplorer program ( both mac / pc iphone programs is easy to find here)
    I read in another post ( dont remember excactly where) about a mac program that allows you to direct access your iphone through osx....just ask

19. The Following User Says Thank You to liquid For This Useful Post:

sjpsound (2007-12-09)

Independence? (maybe i am wrong) its an equal to ibrckr / iphonexplorer program ( both mac / pc iphone programs is easy to find here)
    I read in another post ( dont remember excactly where) about a mac program that allows you to direct access your iphone through osx....just ask

21. The Following User Says Thank You to liquid For This Useful Post:

sjpsound (2007-12-09)

Many thanks for that, I took it back to the guy who unlocked the iphone and got him to modify the code, now works perfectly ! I'm very grateful ! Thanks again, Steve.

Hola
    Confirm this solution work fine for me.
    I am not sure if this is going to drain my battery quicker.

Sopi

Could not see any difference with this app enabled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast