Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **New app * MRMR

Default **New app * MRMR
    saw it on installer today, have no clue wat the hell it is, but it looks cool .
    yeaaa boyeee

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

what does it do?

Same question here......totally crazy app..It just turns black as soon as i start it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

"Mrmr is an open protocol for mobile devices. It is used to dynamically create user interfaces on your iPod Touch or iPhone which respond to client apps in a multi-user performance environment.

Okay, that sounds awfully dry. Let’s try that again.

Mrmr lets you control Quartz Composer applications (or really , any compatible OSC implementation)over Wi-Fi from your iPod Touch or iPhone. Now you, too, can dance around like a lunatic while still controlling your visuals from the dance floor. Did we mention it’s multi-user, as well?

Mrmr is the brainchild of Eric Redlinger, researcher-in-residence at Brooklyn Polytechnic University’s Integrated Digital Media Program. He has leveraged the iPhone’s OS X underbelly and 10.5’s new Quartz Composer features to allow this sort of functionality.

I had the lucky* chance to interview Eric and ask him a few questions about Mrmr and the iPhone. Apologies for the quality of the interview, it was very spur of the moment.

Mrmr is a work in progress, but I think the results so far speak for themselves.

*(ok, no so lucky, my desk is right next to his, but somehow I had not seen Mrmr in action until just recently…)"

i still don't know wat it is, but im guessing u need a mac for it, nd i have windows. someone explain plz.
    yeaaa boyeee

Quote Originally Posted by Destructo View Post
    "Mrmr is an open protocol for mobile devices. It is used to dynamically create user interfaces on your iPod Touch or iPhone which respond to client apps in a multi-user performance environment.

Okay, that sounds awfully dry. Let’s try that again.

Mrmr lets you control Quartz Composer applications (or really , any compatible OSC implementation)over Wi-Fi from your iPod Touch or iPhone. Now you, too, can dance around like a lunatic while still controlling your visuals from the dance floor. Did we mention it’s multi-user, as well?

Mrmr is the brainchild of Eric Redlinger, researcher-in-residence at Brooklyn Polytechnic University’s Integrated Digital Media Program. He has leveraged the iPhone’s OS X underbelly and 10.5’s new Quartz Composer features to allow this sort of functionality.

I had the lucky* chance to interview Eric and ask him a few questions about Mrmr and the iPhone. Apologies for the quality of the interview, it was very spur of the moment.

Mrmr is a work in progress, but I think the results so far speak for themselves.

*(ok, no so lucky, my desk is right next to his, but somehow I had not seen Mrmr in action until just recently…)"

I still can' understand what is the need for it yet Sorry, you must learn to handle some n00bs as well

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i feel retarded now.... i dont understand either

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think its a remote interface for DJ. It seems its used to control a mixing program wirelessly on a Mac from your iPhone.

Think of it as a sampler/mixer, except its all done wireless from a Mac using the wireless interface.

It useless by itself.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Wow i thought this would be cool because i work in a club in NYC and if using the phone to mix,sample,blend,would be cool,Hey i thought someone was working on creating a app to do so iDJ does anybody know what the outcome of it....

It may be nice application if it is usable. I think it needs some accessories for iPhone if it is used as wireless DJ.

Thanks

I watched the video and I'm confused.

It's a multi-tasking intarburator for multiplexed sonic applications. The cool thing about it is that it WON'T misapply audio synching within polyphonic rendering. Kudos to the author.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    It's a multi-tasking intarburator for multiplexed sonic applications. The cool thing about it is that it WON'T misapply audio synching within polyphonic rendering. Kudos to the author.
    Do you always talk like that or are you just acting smart?

Quote Originally Posted by erix920 View Post
    Do you always talk like that or are you just acting smart?
    Nope, I just made all that up. I'm as clueless as everybody else about what this application does.

Whew good, scared me for a second. Yea a description in everyday English would be nice .