Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iSwitcher v1.60 (Redesigned for 1.1.1)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks for the help Greg & the new PackageSources.plist. I have the iSwitcher 1.60 loaded & it's very sleek & responds very well I must say. I did see a 1.60a somewhere but I don't think I need this at the moment.

Now the real fun begins !!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    Thank you Sir.

edit:

Relatively painless to install with the "rogue" sources.

Again, thank you.
    Great! thanks for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by y0haan View Post
    Thanks for the help Greg & the new PackageSources.plist. I have the iSwitcher 1.60 loaded & it's very sleek & responds very well I must say. I did see a 1.60a somewhere but I don't think I need this at the moment.

Now the real fun begins !!
    Excellent... the 1.60a is only for the pxl package and it was to fix a typo in the 1984 theme so you don't need it.

Thanks

NICE, NICE nice... I knew I would not be able to put this down for the Evening until I got one of my backup themes loaded from the v.20 version.

Only snag I ran into was forgetting to update the change in the Info.plist.

i.e.
    <string>thm.theme.theme_name</string>
    to use the new format
    <string>name_of_theme.thm</string>

One question I do have is what is the ....Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/Icon folder used for (probably something for compatability for the SB app)?

Some of the default themes have some png's like Bob Cell.png etc ..
    Can I blow these /Icon dir's away?

NICE, NICE nice... I knew I would not be able to put this down for the Evening until I got one of my backup themes loaded from the v.20 version.

Only snag I ran into was forgetting to update the change in the Info.plist.

i.e.
    <string>thm.theme.theme_name</string>
    to use the new format
    <string>name_of_theme.thm</string>
    You were using a very old version

One question I do have is what is the ....Media/Themes/name_of_theme.thm/Icon folder used for (probably something for compatability for the SB app)?
    NO It's to allow you to add or change any theme's icon. So if you just installed the latest app that doesn't have a matching "Fall" icon say, you simply put one there, named the same as this new app and iSwitcher will install it. You can also over ride any icon in the theme pak with this method. So if you have a better ipod icon, then just put MobileMusicPlayer.png into the "Icons" subfolder and that's the one iSwitcher will load, not the one in the theme pak.

Some of the default themes have some png's like Bob Cell.png etc ..
    Can I blow these /Icon dir's away?
    See above explanation for how the "Icons" folder is used. Yes, you can remove the entire folder or if you happen to be using some one touch dialing apps (doesn't everyone?), simply rename the existing icons. They're like what 8k each, they don't take up much space. The Icons folder is not a mandatory folder, simply there for expandability. I hope to be able to release theme updates that install missing icons instead of having to create, package and download the entire theme zip file.

Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-18 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Sounds like you should install/reinstall the BSD package. Does Terminal run on your iPhone or can you use SSH.

I have installed 1.57 and 1.60 on several 1.0.2 phones without any problems.
    Hi Greg,

You are the one!!!

This is just to let you know...

I reinstalled the BSD with the InstalleApp and Iswitcher is back and working...
    I just don't understand what happened to the BSD.It was working before...
    But this is another history....

Many thanks for your help...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ACelso For This Useful Post:

CyberGreg (2007-10-18)

Quote Originally Posted by ACelso View Post
    Hi Greg,

You are the one!!!

This is just to let you know...

I reinstalled the BSD with the InstalleApp and Iswitcher is back and working...
    I just don't understand what happened to the BSD.It was working before...
    But this is another history....

Many thanks for your help...
    You're welcome. I'm glad you got it resolved and thanks for posting back, too many times people get something fixed and we never hear back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    You were using a very old version

NO It's to allow you to add or change any theme's icon. So if you just installed the latest app that doesn't have a matching "Fall" icon say, you simply put one there, named the same as this new app and iSwitcher will install it. You can also over ride any icon in the theme pak with this method. So if you have a better ipod icon, then just put MobileMusicPlayer.png into the "Icons" subfolder and that's the one iSwitcher will load, not the one in the theme pak.

See above explanation for how the "Icons" folder is used. Yes, you can remove the entire folder or if you happen to be using some one touch dialing apps (doesn't everyone?), simply rename the existing icons. They're like what 8k each, they don't take up much space. The Icons folder is not a mandatory folder, simply there for expandability. I hope to be able to release theme updates that install missing icons instead of having to create, package and download the entire theme zip file.

Yes, very sweet... Which was much of my pain in the old version.
    Thanks again !!

Thanks

Hi Greg,

Is there a way to get the background to show up for these themes?

i.e. Winter Theme.

I can see the LockBackground.jpg in the Winter.thm folder.
    I also see that it gets pushed out to the other directories but it does not seem to display.

I'm on a clean 1.1.1 with 1.60 install.

Hi Greg,

Is there a way to get the background to show up for these themes?

i.e. Winter Theme.

I can see the LockBackground.jpg in the Winter.thm folder.
    I also see that it gets pushed out to the other directories but it does not seem to display.

I'm on a clean 1.1.1 with 1.60 install.
    If you are running SummerBoard and set the theme to iSwitcher then you can see the wallpaper.

I've been trying all sorts of combinations with the patched SpringBoard but nothing works. I had to remove SummerBoard (alpha) as too many times my iPhone would lock up and I would have to force kill and reboot it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

y0haan (2007-10-28)

Thanks

Thanks again, Greg. I have my background now using SB. I was hesitant to install SB though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123