Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iBlacklist - Call and SMS Filtering

can someone please explain to me the difference between blacklist and whitelist? also, on my iphone on the iblacklist main menu, the blacklist has a red X next to it, does that mean its not working? the whitelist has a green check mark. isnt the blacklist supposed to have the checkmark as well?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffaliciou View Post
    hey... I'm all for the discussion... and it's obvious there is too much to say on the topic just by looking at the scrollbar...

side question- MyFaves Plan & BlackBerry Total Internet Plan. (Ha, never had a blackberry or an MyFaves compatible phone. LOL!) can you add some detail to the edge side of this site then? I've heard nothing about BBplan working... on the $20 now, not working... going down to Tzones this weekend...

anyhelp?

EDIT:
    Spoke to my folks around the corner... while i have no real reason to trust 'em, they confirmed my reasoning for no believing the BBplan to work- have we hacked the RIM network too? yeah, haven't heard anything, anywhere, at all about this. SO... doubts continue, hopes a bit lower, but all the same I'd love to hear more.

Note as well- downgraded my $20 plan to Tzones... edge was working within 30 minutes. SO... unlimited texting and tzones equals about 3 dollars more then the unlimited 20 plan... so... for an iPhone, thats about 25 dollars for edge on T-Mo
    Your confirmation is wrong by the way..... To get the BlackBerry Total Internet plan, all you have to do is call into t-mobile and say that you have which ever blackberry and you want to change it to that plan. There is no difference in the speed of the network because it is still the same network. However, back in early 07, the BBTI plan was only $9.99 rather than $20 as it is now, so it played a big part for me by saving $10 on unlimited internet before the T-Zones hack was applied. I had the BBTI plan and MyFaves plain on my T-Mobile MDA before the iPhone was launched, and that device is neither a blackberry or myfaves device. So its possible, but of courset they wont tell you that.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

still waiting for an update to block "Unknown" callers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmbme View Post
    can someone please explain to me the difference between blacklist and whitelist? also, on my iphone on the iblacklist main menu, the blacklist has a red X next to it, does that mean its not working? the whitelist has a green check mark. isnt the blacklist supposed to have the checkmark as well?
    blacklist is specific numbers you don't want to come through and whitelist is the exact opposite whatever number u put in whitelist will be the only numbers that can come through, red x no, danger, don't want those coming through.... green x yes, good, want those numbers to come through....hope that helped
    if this post help click the thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to morphiusrt For This Useful Post:

bmbme (2008-05-07)

Thanks for that explanation, that helped out tremendously!

Does this program work in the US? It my blacklist numbers keep getting through...
    Last edited by bmbme; 2008-05-08 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes, it does work in US.
    Make a test. Remove all numbers from blacklist, add your home number to it, turn the Blacklist mode ON and exit the configuration app. Then call your cell phone from home. The result is block...

Please read this tutorial carefully:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=953

Again, if you didnīt registered with us, your version only blocks the first 2 contacts, since itīs limited.

Please check www.iblacklist.com.br

@imbuggin

Mate, i didnīt forget your case. But as i explained, i couldnīt figure out how to receive a call from those ones you constantly receive. But, iīve managed to try a solution, and it will be out in version 1.9 soon.

Regards
    Spektro

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

bmbme (2008-05-08), imbuggin (2008-05-08)

are u working on sent sms's yet?
    if this post help click the thanks

Yes, the sent sms and calls are already being removed from mobile sms and phone. But, as those appīs are completely independent from each other, and independent from my app, when you send sms or call a number using those appīs, they keep oh their memory those registers, and since they run in RAM memory those registers are kept while the app is open. As a result, SOMETIMES the call shows on mobile app, or sms shows on mobile sms, but when you close them and reopen they are gone. This basically happens because the database does not have it there because the iBlacklist removed it, and because when you closed the default app, the OS flushed those registers in ram, so reopen it made a refresh from database.

Hope i was clear enough.
    Last edited by spektro; 2008-05-08 at 06:13 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

bmbme (2008-05-08)

thanks! I registered yesterday, how long until I get my reg #?

Hi Spektro. I greatly appreciate all the work you have put in!! I was wondering if it is possible for you to add a "call forwarding" option in the section where you can choose to send it to voicemail, have a busy signal, or do nothing. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Can you be more clear? Sorry but i could no understand the point. Are you telling me that when you select Busy Signal, ALL the calls still reach your voicemail? Sorry but this doesn't happen to me and to many of our users. As i wrote and you quoted. Sometimes, calls don't reach your phone due to some errors on carrier services or something. When this happens, the default action is to send the call to voicemail (if you have one enabled in your plan). Try to turn your phone off and call it.

Those numbers who calls you are still a mistery to me. I know you already told me about them, and i already told you a i have 2 voip lines in my office (one international and one local) and i've made calls to my phone from both, and every time i call from those voip phones, a different number shows up to me, wich are the "gateways" numbers of the voip operator. One time it must show up on the cabled telephony system, hit a switch central and be redirected to the carrier operator switching system wich will redirect it to the wireless radio bases and then possibly hit your phone (most of the times it works like that).
    So, the Restrict Number do take care of calls wich has it's number hidden. Take a test, grab another cell phone, set it to doesn't send it's number when calling. Then switch OFF the RESTRICT NUMBER option in Call Settings. Call your iphone from the cell phone with a hidden number. It must go through and calls you (PLEASE INFORM ME IF IT SHOWS UP AS BLOCKED OR UNKNOWN). Then go again to Call Settings and switch the RESTRICT NUMBER to ON. Call again, you'll check it won't ring your iphone. This is what Restrict Number option is about.

I'm waiting for your results.
    This is happening to me also. The Busy Signal setting gets right to my voicemail also. Needs to be addressed

Princemarko

Are you sure your cell phone plan isnīt setup to send ALL calls to voicemail, even when the call is rejected?
    You can setup your plan as you wish on many carrier operators website. I can do it on mine.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello,
    I just installed blacklist from the Installer (modmyi.com source) to see what it could offer me.
    I have a 1.1.4 jail broken via ZiPhone 3.0.
    I find when I tap on the icon I go to a page that is reqwuesting a unlock code, or access code.
    I dont have a unlock code and everything I try anything it tells me that it failed, and is the wrong access code...

Something I missed here?
    I haven't even seen the settings page to do anything yet.

Thanks for any help offered.

the access code it is asking for is just the 1. enter that and it will work. this is by far my new favorite program with all the solicitation calls i get.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmbme View Post
    the access code it is asking for is just the 1. enter that and it will work. this is by far my new favorite program with all the solicitation calls i get.
    You need to put your # on the dont call site.
    I have never received a solisitations call ever and I have had a phone for many years,
    I think its: https://www.donotcall.gov

Hope that helps you.

Now all I need to find is a app that will email my text log...
    Used SMSd for a long time but i doesn't work on 1.1.4....
    Thanks

Hmmmm I installed iBlacklist and now I lost my Installer.
    It springs back to the home screen ofter a few moments.
    Anyone else???

Thanks
    Last edited by n0m0n; 2008-05-10 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

spektro - i got that file for you. Let me know where to email it.

I made the donation on sunday and still haven't received the activation key.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    I made the donation on sunday and still haven't received the activation key.
    I'm still waiting for mine also.

@ imbuggin - Please send me to [email protected]

Please, all users wich still diīdnīt receive their keys, send me an e mail with the paypal receipt and the register key (wich was supposed to be on the receipt either).
    To know your register key, please hit the big red button saying Unregistered Version and youīll be redirected to the register view, where the first field shows the number we need to generate the matching activation key.

I have sent you repeated emails over the past three days and you have not even replied to a single one. The registration key was clearly sent to you and is even attached in the Pay-Pal emails and in my Pay-Pal history. I also replied to you in two other emails including it again with no response. What's going on?? I love the product but it's a shame when you pay someone for something and they don't come through.....

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast