Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iBlacklist - Call and SMS Filtering

u sure i got it from iclarified.... and i went to send a text and it displayed like it was sending with the little loading bar at the bottom and never finished so i hit the home key and away goes any record of that message and the message still sent. so i dunno maybe a flaw i only tried once i'll try again.

edit*** nevermind it showed up, it was weird because it didn't say sending last night when i tried but it worked normal just now.... is there anyway to make it work like pysl i guess it works but i'm staying away from that, your app is amazing and flawless besides that feature.
    Last edited by morphiusrt; 2008-04-25 at 04:10 PM.
    if this post help click the thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

As soon as outgoing SMS and calls get deleted and logged into iBlacklist it will be pretty much complete...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i've been noticing that if a call on the block list comes in while you are already on the phone, the call you are on is immediately terminated. Anyone else experience this?

This might happen only when the Action in Call Settings is to BUSY SIGNAL.
    Check your PM please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just updated the "Settings Calls" table with all the available options...you can find it at:

http://www.unsaluto.com/iBlacklist.jpg

I hope to be helpful with this!

Bye
    FAK

hey... I'm all for the discussion... and it's obvious there is too much to say on the topic just by looking at the scrollbar...

side question- MyFaves Plan & BlackBerry Total Internet Plan. (Ha, never had a blackberry or an MyFaves compatible phone. LOL!) can you add some detail to the edge side of this site then? I've heard nothing about BBplan working... on the $20 now, not working... going down to Tzones this weekend...

anyhelp?

EDIT:
    Spoke to my folks around the corner... while i have no real reason to trust 'em, they confirmed my reasoning for no believing the BBplan to work- have we hacked the RIM network too? yeah, haven't heard anything, anywhere, at all about this. SO... doubts continue, hopes a bit lower, but all the same I'd love to hear more.

Note as well- downgraded my $20 plan to Tzones... edge was working within 30 minutes. SO... unlimited texting and tzones equals about 3 dollars more then the unlimited 20 plan... so... for an iPhone, thats about 25 dollars for edge on T-Mo
    Last edited by Spliffaliciou; 2008-04-26 at 09:18 PM. Reason: further info

Banned
    Thanks

I'd rather change my number that pay 8 bucks to block someone. I don't see the point in the app! If Igot that many calls that are problems I'd just change my number. But others want to keep the same number for life. Sucks for you guys!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Hi FAK

Thank you for your help.
    But this table is wrong regarding the Restrict Number collumn.
    For instance, the with Restrict Number ON you'll block the no ID calls, with it OFF you'll accept them. Just simple as that, on white and black mode is the same.

Thanx mate
    Hi spektro,
    excuse me but I rechecked and tested again all the combinations... and the table results were the same.
    So I have to confirm the results reported on my table...
    I do not debate how your application should work...I carryover only the facts!
    I'm sorry but if your Calls filter intentions are different from the results just reported, you should think of revising the filter working operations...
    Have a nice day.
    FAK

Hi FAK

YOU ARE RIGHT!!! Sorry mate, as i stated on hackint0sh, i was just focused on other things, and don't know where my thoughts were when wrote that.
    Thank you for the great help.

Jarthus

Everyone is free to do what is needed. But, just to make some points clear to you:

* You'll change your number and still will receive calls from your carrier operator for promotional reasons;

* You'll still receive SMS's from the carrier operator for promotional reasons;

* You'll still receive calls from other companies wich will try to sell you stuff, and generally they call you from restricted numbers;

I could put many many cases here, but i won't.
    And i think you will spend more than 8 bucks to advise all your friends that your number changed, or at least it will be more time consuming than use our software.

Default nope sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Let's make things clear:

Unknown Number ON: performs a phonebook check, so calls or sms's from numbers wich are in phonebook are accepted.

Restrict Number ON: performs call block if the number can't be identified, eg, it's a hidden ID number (restricted).

In this case, i see one possibility. The call didn't reach you iPhone, so it didn't effectively sent a busy signal to that number. It can happen. Is like the carrier was so busy it could not find your phone, and then it redirects the caller to your voicemail.
    Try to turn iphone off and call it. I think you shall be redirected to voicemail.
    sorry, but as I have told you MULTIPLE times this IS NOT the case it doesn't work period. A blocked call will get blocked (voice mail no busy signal even when I select it). More important numbers showing up "Unknown" with no telephone number get right through every time. This needs to be addressed. Many voice over Ip show up this way. As I told you the reason I bought this application is to block numbers that show up "Unknown" on the ID. Tell me how I can do this your past instruction do not work. This is a huge problem with the program, please address it.

Quote Originally Posted by jarthurs1981 View Post
    I'd rather change my number that pay 8 bucks to block someone. I don't see the point in the app! If Igot that many calls that are problems I'd just change my number. But others want to keep the same number for life. Sucks for you guys!
    it not as much about blocking but more about hiding, i am talking to a couple girls and if any of them knew about the others it would be trouble for me, so u put their # in the blacklist and when they call or text it goes on record in the blacklist and not on the screen
    if this post help click the thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    sorry, but as I have told you MULTIPLE times this IS NOT the case it doesn't work period. A blocked call will get blocked (voice mail no busy signal even when I select it).
    Can you be more clear? Sorry but i could no understand the point. Are you telling me that when you select Busy Signal, ALL the calls still reach your voicemail? Sorry but this doesn't happen to me and to many of our users. As i wrote and you quoted. Sometimes, calls don't reach your phone due to some errors on carrier services or something. When this happens, the default action is to send the call to voicemail (if you have one enabled in your plan). Try to turn your phone off and call it.

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    More important numbers showing up "Unknown" with no telephone number get right through every time. This needs to be addressed. Many voice over Ip show up this way. As I told you the reason I bought this application is to block numbers that show up "Unknown" on the ID. Tell me how I can do this your past instruction do not work. This is a huge problem with the program, please address it.
    Those numbers who calls you are still a mistery to me. I know you already told me about them, and i already told you a i have 2 voip lines in my office (one international and one local) and i've made calls to my phone from both, and every time i call from those voip phones, a different number shows up to me, wich are the "gateways" numbers of the voip operator. One time it must show up on the cabled telephony system, hit a switch central and be redirected to the carrier operator switching system wich will redirect it to the wireless radio bases and then possibly hit your phone (most of the times it works like that).
    So, the Restrict Number do take care of calls wich has it's number hidden. Take a test, grab another cell phone, set it to doesn't send it's number when calling. Then switch OFF the RESTRICT NUMBER option in Call Settings. Call your iphone from the cell phone with a hidden number. It must go through and calls you (PLEASE INFORM ME IF IT SHOWS UP AS BLOCKED OR UNKNOWN). Then go again to Call Settings and switch the RESTRICT NUMBER to ON. Call again, you'll check it won't ring your iphone. This is what Restrict Number option is about.

I'm waiting for your results.
    Last edited by spektro; 2008-04-29 at 03:28 PM.

if they come up "blocked" it will work. When they show up "Unknown" without a phone number the phone rings. Is there a way to make it so it will not allow any call without a number showing up to get blocked? It is some voice over ip originating in India.

Also I will gladly donate again if you get this fixed!

Alright, so those calls with no number but also with no blocked description must trigger something inside the iPhone, since the mobile phone app shows Unknown. So let me do a research about that and i'll figure out how to get rid of those calls.
    The only problem is that i simply can't receive this type of calls, wich i need to test the solution. So this will be a shot in the dark!!!

Thank you

15. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

imbuggin (2008-04-30)

This app rocks. Helps keep stalkers from annoying the hell out of you.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Im looking for right settings to allow the people on my list to call me, and the ones I choose to block them so they cant call me and cant send me text messages, and allow the people that are not in my list so they can call me, im a little confused about the settings to do that. Ill apreciate your help

Hi Javier

Sorry for the late response.
    For your needs you can configure like this:

1) Blacklist mode, so the program will block numbers on blacklist
    2) Unknown Number OFF, so the program wonīt perform a phonebook check to see if itīs a known number and block if donīt
    3) Enable Call Filtering and Enable SMS Filtering set to ON, so it will perform call blocking and SMS blocking
    4) Save History set to ON, so it will keep a backup on iBlacklist history for you to check the SMS message and see who tried to call you later.
    5) Delete Recent Call and Delete SMS set to ON, so it wonīt show up on mobile phone and mobile sms.

Please post here or send me mail if you got any other doubts.

it works for me on 1.1.4, how can i register? only thru paypal?

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Just one more question, what the restrict number option do?

The Restric Number set to ON tells the program to block calls from hidden ID phones. You can test it by using another cell phone, and set this cell phone to hide it's number when calling.
    Last edited by spektro; 2008-05-05 at 08:07 PM.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast