Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iBlacklist - Call and SMS Filtering

I installed this and upon rebooting my phone was frozen on the slide to unlock screen. Restored, re-jailbroke, reinstalled iBlacklist, phone froze again. Restored again. I got 3 hours of sleep that night.

*edit* I never installed Jiggy, so that's not the problem. It could have been that I had pfirewall installed initially, but after restoring the first time, I only installed iBlacklist. It still hosed the phone.
    Last edited by mcdj; 2008-04-19 at 04:56 PM.
    I'm so glad I don't have to meet The Internet People.

Hi mcdj

In this version we still need the BSD Subsystem installed in your iPhone, so after you performed a restore, installing BSD is needed BEFORE installing iBlacklist.

Thank you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

morphiusrt (2008-04-25)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
    I installed this and upon rebooting my phone was frozen on the slide to unlock screen. Restored, re-jailbroke, reinstalled iBlacklist, phone froze again. Restored again. I got 3 hours of sleep that night.

*edit* I never installed Jiggy, so that's not the problem. It could have been that I had pfirewall installed initially, but after restoring the first time, I only installed iBlacklist. It still hosed the phone.
    All you have to do is ssh into your device using putty and enter these two commands to respring your device, it will unfreeze your screen and allow you to slide to unlock... no need of restoring.

/bin/launchctl unload
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist

/bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-04-21)

day late, dollar short, but thanks for the tip...I may give the app another try.

Spektro, BSD subsys was already installed before I tried iBlacklist...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Ok This app is awesom and the author IS A GOD!!. I Also Ran A test On This App. I Called My Phone Number 4 Times, The first time it worked...second time...it worked...third time...it didnt.. my phone actually rang.. i was very disappointed but i do understand this is a beta. fourth time it worked/. i am going to donate asap. this app is very well put together and does what it says it does. i recomend it over pysl and others. if the author fixes the 3rd call bug this will be a perfect MUST HAVE app. to everyone else...stop being cheap and donate..this is a great app and the author deserves every penny

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ebl4287 For This Useful Post:

spektro (2008-04-21)

I got the app to install this time.

It works, but I wonder if it can do something...

I get a call, nearly every day, probably from a telemarketer, with the number 000-000-0000. Every time they call, they leave a blank voicemail. Every day I get a popup notice about the voicemail and I have to delete the voicemail.

With iBlacklist, I assigned the number to the blacklist and the phone no longer rings when they call, but they still leave a voicemail, I still get a voicemail popup, and I still have to delete the voicemail.

A. is there a way to make the call get a busy signal?
    B. if not, is there a way to automatically delete the voicemail?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

It works, but I wonder if it can do something...

I get a call, nearly every day, probably from a telemarketer, with the number 000-000-0000. Every time they call, they leave a blank voicemail. Every day I get a popup notice about the voicemail and I have to delete the voicemail.

With iBlacklist, I assigned the number to the blacklist and the phone no longer rings when they call, but they still leave a voicemail, I still get a voicemail popup, and I still have to delete the voicemail.

I don't think a busy signal would be possible, but a a delete voicemail from such and such number should be possible.

What about an option to auto answer the number and then auto hang up? I would think they might get the hint. Only bad thing is that normally telemarketers are using machines that just keep trying. So, making it auto answer and then hang up would actually use up minutes. Isn't even a 1 second call rounded up to a minute? I'd personally still like to see a auto answer/auto hang up. Might not work for machines that are dialing, but humans might get the message quick!

hmmm...that's weird. i tested this and got a ring then busy signal so couldn't leave a message. i used the ignore setting. The phone didn't ring at all just showed up in iBlacklist under history

Green Apple
    Thanks
    This application is just wayyy too buggy.. I have tried it on multiple phones, and eventually all of them end up freezing when you restart the phone with iBlacklist enabled. Great intentions author, but work out the bugs before releasing it. Glitches I can stand, but freezing at the lock screen is crazy.

Hi mcdj

Nice to know it's working now there.
    In this 1.7 version we still need some BSD files, but on next version it won't be required anymore.
    To cut even the voicemail, use the Ignore option. It just send a busy signal to the caller, and no voicemail is allowed to this bastard

Thank you mate

Quote Originally Posted by annual View Post
    This application is just wayyy too buggy.. I have tried it on multiple phones, and eventually all of them end up freezing when you restart the phone with iBlacklist enabled. Great intentions author, but work out the bugs before releasing it. Glitches I can stand, but freezing at the lock screen is crazy.
    Indeed we received very few reports about this freezing touch screen behavior.
    But let's think for a second. Why an app wich uses Core Telephony only will freeze the touch screen?
    I think the answer is: because those iPhones has another app or something wich has a compatibility problem with that, or the iPhone does not have the needed files to install the iBlacklist correctly.

Also, we have done extensive tests from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and could not reproduce this behavior.
    Anyway, we have very few reports of this issue, but we do have reports, so it's happening. It's our work to check why it's happening and provide a solution for this.
    Be sure we are looking carefully to this, and trying to realize why it happens on some iPhones.

Regards
    Last edited by spektro; 2008-04-22 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this is a great App. still a little buggy though. it doesn't always block the incoming call. its a great start though. Does the developer have a web site for this program?

Yes, our website is www.iblacklist.com.br
    We'll be solving this little problems that still happen most due to a lack of files we use from BSD.
    Thank you for the support.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post

Indeed we received very few reports about this freezing touch screen behavior.
    But let's think for a second. Why an app wich uses Core Telephony only will freeze the touch screen?
    I think the answer is: because those iPhones has another app or something wich has a compatibility problem with that, or the iPhone does not have the needed files to install the iBlacklist correctly.

Also, we have done extensive tests from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 and could not reproduce this behavior.
    Anyway, we have very few reports of this issue, but we do have reports, so it's happening. It's our work to check why it's happening and provide a solution for this.
    Be sure we are looking carefully to this, and trying to realize why it happens on some iPhones.

Regards
    Ive tested it out on 3 phones so far.
    2/3 would mess up with out ANY other program installed. The phones were freshly restored multiple times. This would generally only happen when I enable iBlacklist, then turn off the phone and turn it back on with it being enabled. Sometimes, especially while still in the lock screen, it would freeze when I restarted it from being on the lock screen; no idea why that has anything to do with it.

The 3rd phone seemed ok after I did the install,restart,uinstall,restart,install,restart procedure. But once I added other various programs (all the ones I normally would, which are alot) the phone froze.
    So i am not sure why its so "un-playful" with other programs. I would glady donate the $8 to get full functionality of this program, but I cant even have it on my phone..

Default works great
    I love it. It works great. Pysl screwed my phone up. Blacklist so far works perfect. I have the registered version. The only problem I am having is when a call comes up "Unknown" with no numbers. I can't block these. I have been in contact with the programers and they are working with me to get a fix.

Deleted.
    Last edited by famac!; 2008-04-23 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Yes, our website is www.iblacklist.com.br
    We'll be solving this little problems that still happen most due to a lack of files we use from BSD.
    Thank you for the support.
    I dont know if its just me but the web site doesn't work!!

Spektro, just another report of the 'unlock freeze screen'. iBlacklist installed fine, but as soon as I enabled it, it did a respring, which never ended. Restarted the phone & got stuck at the unlock screen without any screen touch input. As a previous poster mentioned, he installed this on two phones with no other software, and got the same results.

@Hocplyr12: I cannot get onto that site either:

Safari can’t find the server.
    Safari can’t open the page “http://www.iblacklist.com.br/” because it can’t find the server “www.iblacklist.com.br”.

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    All you have to do is ssh into your device using putty and enter these two commands to respring your device, it will unfreeze your screen and allow you to slide to unlock... no need of restoring.

/bin/launchctl unload

/bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
    I enabled iblacklist on my iphone and from then it has been froozen and i can't use the slide to unlock it....how do i get into ssh and use putty ( according to the steps provided " All you have to do is ssh into your device using putty and enter these two commands to respring your device, it will unfreeze your screen and allow you to slide to unlock... no need of restoring.

/bin/launchctl unload

/bin/launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.SpringBoard.plist") Please i need help!!!!!

Alright, site is up now (www.iblacklist.com.br)
    But we are still having problems with paypal

Bisiakins

Add me to msn ([email protected])

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vandy1997 View Post
    I don't want to go on about this, but I want to make it clear that THIS particular app is free to try and use. There is no fee required to be paid to use it. The only time you are asked to donate $8 is if you want the full version that allows you to have an unlimited amount of blacklist numbers.
    I think this App is a great idea, however there are two things in this statement that I disagree with. First, free to try yes but free to use? That's like Photoshop releasing a demo that only handles 16 colors unless you "donate" to them. But of course, its free to use.

Second, as an Attorney (?) you may wish to review the word "donate" in the dictionary, because you're using it incorrectly. If people wish to make any use real use of this program they need to pay, not donate.

Donate (Legal Term): A benefice conferred on a person or institution by a patron, without either presentation or institution by the ordinary , or induction by his orders.

Simply put, if people want to use this program, they are ordered to pay. That's not a donation.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast