Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iBlacklist - Call and SMS Filtering

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The new library fixed the issues I was having with the logs.

I've added the new library file that was sent to me by Spektro. This should make it ease for anyone that wants it so they won't have to PM and wait for a reply. Spektro, if this isn't OK, let me know and I'll take the file down.

Please read the following tutorial carefully. It has links to needed program (winscp).

Windows Guide To Using WinSCP With iPhone

Follow the steps provided there and you will be abled to connect to iPhone.
    But before all this, you need to install BSD Subsystem and then OpenSSH on your iPhone.

When connected, youŽll see 2 parts on the main window. The left part is your PC
    filesystem, and the right part is the iPhoneŽs filesystem. So you can move files from
    each other by dragging from one side and droping to another side.

1) Unzip the attached file
    2) Open connection to iPhone
    3) Access the folder /Library/Frameworks/iBlacklist.framework on iPhone side
    4) Place the unziped file on this folder, overwriting the existing one (they have the
    same name - iblacklist.dylib)
    5) Right click over this new file you just replaced and select properties
    6) Set it's permission to 755 (mark Execute for the three kinds of user)
    7) Reboot the phone

This maintain your previous database file, but brings you a new library, wich is the one
    who makes the job done.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by quiksand; 2008-07-08 at 10:09 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to quiksand For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (2008-07-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

So, what are the odds of this app being in the App Store for the 3G phone at some point? I'm guessing the 3G will eventually be jailbroken, but till that point, any chance this being a legit app store program? Of everything installed on my phone I am going to miss app this the most when updating to the 3G.

Part of the reason I just unlocked my 1st gen phone, so I can use my 3g phone's sim on the 1st gen phone from time to time. (least I hope that works)

i've found a problem on the Address Book Only option. When it's enabled, this may cause you the troubles you are having.

Does it mean we can enable the Address Book option after installing this file ?

Or we have to continue with option disabled !

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can enable it and it should work properly now.

Quote Originally Posted by quiksand View Post
    The new library fixed the issues I was having with the logs.

I've added the new library file that was sent to me by Spektro. This should make it ease for anyone that wants it so they won't have to PM and wait for a reply. Spektro, if this isn't OK, let me know and I'll take the file down.

Please read the following tutorial carefully. It has links to needed program (winscp).

Windows Guide To Using WinSCP With iPhone

Follow the steps provided there and you will be abled to connect to iPhone.
    But before all this, you need to install BSD Subsystem and then OpenSSH on your iPhone.

When connected, youŽll see 2 parts on the main window. The left part is your PC
    filesystem, and the right part is the iPhoneŽs filesystem. So you can move files from
    each other by dragging from one side and droping to another side.

1) Unzip the attached file
    2) Open connection to iPhone
    3) Access the folder /Library/Frameworks/iBlacklist.framework on iPhone side
    4) Place the unziped file on this folder, overwriting the existing one (they have the
    same name - iblacklist.dylib)
    5) Right click over this new file you just replaced and select properties
    6) Set it's permission to 755 (mark Execute for the three kinds of user)
    7) Reboot the phone

This maintain your previous database file, but brings you a new library, wich is the one
    who makes the job done.
    After replacing the file my phone wont start up. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Worked fine for me. Did you make sure to set the permissions on the file?

@ Lace

You forgot to set the permission to 755.
    If you have wifi enabled , you will still be abled to connect to your phone and set the correct permission to that file.

@ Zenj

Yes, after placing this file there, you will be abled to use this option again !!!

This will be out soon as the 1.9.4 update, along with some changes like edit contacts on lists and a few others.

@PhoneLine

Thanks for your help!!!

Thanks

This will be out soon as the 1.9.4 update, along with some changes like edit contacts on lists and a few others.
    Like auto reply to SMS? :: wink wink nudge nudge ::

I might have to put off getting my 3G phone. I really don't think I can live without this app. Not much sense in getting the 3G and having it sit there while I just the first gen phone is there?

And thank you spektro for your hard work!

Well, i wonŽt promise this for the 1.9.4, since it must be well tested before release it and we have a little emergency situation with this problem with the Address Book Only option.
    But it will be done soon as i promised

About the 3G and 2.0 + AppStore.
    We all know how Apple is. So now they entered on the applications distribution scheme, and partially abled developers to make some appŽs.
    Well, Apple likes to say what you can and what you canŽt do, and this is not different on their iPhone and SDK.
    So they let developers use just a few frameworks (libraries) on their unhacked SDK. This put a big limit to what an app can do and what it canŽt, and unfortunately, mess with calls and smsŽs is on the CANŽT list
    Yes, we can hack the SDK and use all frameworks on development, but this violates the Apple Agreement when using the SDK (of course). So Apple will not sanction the software to be present on AppStore. So iŽm pretty sure there wonŽt be any call and sms filter app for the 2.0 now.
    LetŽs wait for the good jailbreak from dev team and use Installer instead.
    Last edited by spektro; 2008-07-09 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Clarify 3G and 2.0 situation

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (2008-07-09)

Thanks

Thats what I figured. Thats why I unlocked my current phone and plan to leave it at 1.1.4 for now, and will still probably pick up the 3g also. This way I get to mess with both. Just have to make sure when I leave the house with one or the other, that the one I leave with has a sim card in it.

Good thing I'll get that fancy sim ejector tool with the 3G!

Hi, spektro

... you guys have vanished from "that other" forum so I'll post also here my request:

could you, please, package iBlacklist for Cydia also and make it available trough MMI's repository?

thank you
    Last edited by pl_svn; 2008-07-10 at 05:35 AM.

In order to do this for Cydia, we have to take a look on how it does the job and itŽs script for installing the package. WeŽll be looking into it.
    I keep checking the other forum too, but since there wasnŽt any new activity, i have no reason to be posting there, besides your last question. Sorry for this.

thanks spektro, hope it will happen soon

Spektro

Does Iblacklist work on version 2.0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by zenj View Post
    Spektro

Does Iblacklist work on version 2.0 ?
    I know you were asking spektro, but the 2.0 jailbreak hasn't even been released. So my guess would be no.

Hi
    As Lace pointed, the 2.0 jailbroken is not a reality YET. We know it will be soon, but besides this difficulty, the OS 2.0 has many aspects that does not help developers, like the background processes limitation and many others. Also, i currently have no way to deploy the software on an iPhone, since the OpenSSH is not running YET on 2.0, so i have no way to manually install the software for test purposes.
    But we weŽll be looking into this as soon as possible, but for now i simply canŽt promise anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Hi
    As Lace pointed, the 2.0 jailbroken is not a reality YET. We know it will be soon, but besides this difficulty, the OS 2.0 has many aspects that does not help developers, like the background processes limitation and many others. Also, i currently have no way to deploy the software on an iPhone, since the OpenSSH is not running YET on 2.0, so i have no way to manually install the software for test purposes.
    But we weŽll be looking into this as soon as possible, but for now i simply canŽt promise anything.
    We have faith in you.....I for one can't wait to send you another 8 bucks (or whetever amount you charge) for the program for my 3G phone, which I don't have yet because most of NYC is still online in front of the 5th ave Store.....but hopefully the line subsides before the stock does!

But again, we have faith in you Obi-Wan spektro!

Hi
    Meanwhile are you still going to be working on the features you mentioned for the 1.1.4 firmware?

Yes, weŽll be working on this new features and currently iŽm working on the auto reply with sms to a filtered call.

Yes, weŽll be working on this new features and currently iŽm working on the auto reply with sms to a filtered call.
    Awesome

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast