Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iBlacklist - Call and SMS Filtering

Hi mates

@Bouzo - Yes, that problem has been fixed and had something to do with special characters on messages or contact description.

@ifini - I've tested what you described in your e mail (but i already had done it before) and could not see the described behavior. To be clear, i've sent an sms to my iphone from another cell phone. It poped up on screen and i hit reply. Just after the message was sent, i hit the home button and went back to springboard screen. No badge at all on mobileSMS icon. Please describe exactly what you have done to reproduce it.

Thanks to all users by their reports!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spektro View Post
    Hi mates

@ifini - I've tested what you described in your e mail (but i already had done it before) and could not see the described behavior. To be clear, i've sent an sms to my iphone from another cell phone. It poped up on screen and i hit reply. Just after the message was sent, i hit the home button and went back to springboard screen. No badge at all on mobileSMS icon. Please describe exactly what you have done to reproduce it.

Thanks to all users by their reports!!!
    Hi Spektro

You have done everything right except for one thing. DO NOT wait for the message to be sent before you hit the HOME button. Whilst the message is the process of being sent ie the bottom loading bar is still moving, hit the home button to return to the main page.

You will notice your own message will appear as a message bubble as though it is a new message received

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Spektro. Would it be possible to change some of the options that require on/off to block/unblock. The on/off options are kind of confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ifini View Post
    Hi Spektro

You have done everything right except for one thing. DO NOT wait for the message to be sent before you hit the HOME button. Whilst the message is the process of being sent ie the bottom loading bar is still moving, hit the home button to return to the main page.

You will notice your own message will appear as a message bubble as though it is a new message received

Thank you ifini for quickly reporting this. I could reproduce and fix, so we released now the 1.9.1 on http://repo.iphonebrasil.org/ and now a russian package if available too, along with this bug fixed.
    Soon it will on iClarified too.

@ quiksand

About the block/unblock, sometimes it does not fit on the design, so i really don't want to polute the user view on it. Take it simple now, ON means the feature will be performed and OFF means the feature won't be performed.

Thanks to all

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Spektro, I have the source for the upgrade but when I refresh it, no update comes, something is wrong?

Its ok now, I add iClarified source and the update cames, it looks great and works perfect for me.... thats a piece of the art work.... great app congratulations

Hi spektro, i want to know for what is the address book only and restrict number on call settings. And the call extras like call privacy, sms privacy and call forwarding privacy, what you mean with disable notifications?

Ill appreciacte that... Thanks
    Last edited by javiert30; 2008-06-15 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi javi

Thank you for your support!!!
    Weīll be putting the complete tutorial online this week on our page (iBlacklist for iPhone) but it is not there until now

So iīll answer here.
    The Address Book Only is a global setup to able users to accept callīs and smsīs only from his Address Book and refuse from people wich are not there. But lists has precedence over this option, wich means if you have a blacklisted contact wich is in your Address Book, it will be normally filtered. A good usage of this is like you want to accept only people added to your address book + some numbers not on it. So you can setup an whitelist with those numbers you want to accept and turn this switch ON, so the whietlist and your address book will be accepted. An empty list usage along with this option set to ON will make the software to accept only people present in your address book.

The restrict number option set to ON tells the software to refuse any calls from restricted numbers, wich means hidden ID numbers like Blocked ID and Unknown ID.

The privacy features to disable notifications just disable any kind of notification of non filtered calls and smsīs. For calls, it just remove the popup of missed calls when the phone is in lock state. The SMSīs privacy removes the popup preview and the sound notification of a just received SMS. Also, the Call Forward Privacy removes the annoying popups of Call Forwarding Active and Outgoing Call Forwarded (wich i always had before) that many iphone users have when calling any number. Some have it and some donīt, but this option removes those popups. If you never had them, you were a lucky person since when calling someone if appears and if you want to finish the call, you must click on the popup and then click again on the red button to finish the call on mobile phone.

It may (or not) be usefull to our users, but it depends on specific situations.

you rock thanks again. The very first "unknown" call that gets blocked will have another paypal donation your way!

1.9 is not installing for me nor is it uninstalling 1.8 any help would be great. I am getting the error "Package Download Failed"

spektro..

First let me say that I have donated and activated iblacklist and it works great...most of the time. What I'm curious about is...it blocks 99% of the time. But sometimes, the call goes through. Why is that?

Hi

Please, could you be more specific? Please, if you gather some information about your report and post here i can better understand what possibly is going on there.

@blackdawg

I had this problem too and it was related to corrupted cache files on installer. You can flush those cache files by sending commands to iphone using terminal and SSH.
    Just send those 2 commands and i think you will be fine:

rm -R /var/mobile/Library/Caches/Installer
    rm -R /var/mobile/Library/Installer/Temp

Thanks
    Last edited by spektro; 2008-06-18 at 02:21 PM.

It'd be cool if we could choose how each phone number on the list was blocked. For example a 1-800 number would be given the busy signal, but someone we dont necessarily want to speak with but still want them to be able to reach us in case it's important would go straight to voicemail, get what I'm saying? BTW love this app. well worth the 8 dollars.

i have a pwned 1.1.4
    when i install iBlacklist i always get stuck on boot logo :S
    iPhone 4GB [1.0.2 OTB]
    2.2 Bootneutered and QuickPwned!

hi is my first time using this program but i the passcode doesnt work for me it say password is invalid i tried password 1 but nothing can somebody help ?

Please try to uninstall, reboot, install and reboot again. The default password MUST work after a fresh installation.

Default Spektro Help - version 1.9.2 gives me HELL
    Hi,

Yesterday I installed a new version of IB 1.9.2 and it seems i can not
    see my saved messages and call records that are blocked in the
    Iblacklist package as before, Im on 1.1.3 Iphone .

This updated application does not show blocked sms/phone numbers as I
    used to see on previous versions.

Previous versions were OK, I am your paid subscriber with working key.

Otherwise how can I put older versions which were working OK with me ?

Best Regards

Zenj

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you aware that your/this app does not work with Kate, or visa versa?

Any advise I wanted to give this a run and see if I liked?

Thanks

Hi guys

I think you know that many nokia cell phones operating symbian have a cool feature called flipsilent, wich means you only need to flip the cell phone with itīs face down and the call gets "automagically" disconnected.
    Well, iPhone users will have this pretty soon, cause iīve managed to make it work nicely on mine.
    So iīm planning to put it as an Extra feature on my software (iBlacklist). Please tell me how nice it would be for you to have this feature, or if it sucks

Please check this video on youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U3Pn38B-8A]YouTube - FlipToSilent for iPhone[/ame]

Thanks to all iBlacklist users !!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (2008-06-29)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

That flip thing is pretty cool! Just a flick of the wrist to ignore a call. I like it.

Also, I was thinking about a feature I'd like. The purpose of sending a call to a busy signal means you don't want to talk to that person, so, with the text messages you can't really stop them from getting to the phone, but what about an option to turn on an auto reply?

Where if you have sms blocked and a message from that blacklisted person comes in the phone can auto reply to the text with a message you input? Like "This message has been auto deleted" or "Sorry this person can not receive text messages at this time"

I know for the short time it would increase the messages used since you are receiving and sending, but a person seeing that will eventually figure out (or think) the messages are not being received and would stop sending them. they will know its some kind of auto reply cause they will get the text back right after sending it, since the iphone will auto reply. A real person would not be able to reply so fast after every message.

And of course it could also act like a text answering machine saying you are not checking messages right now, and will get back to the person later. You set the auto reply, so it can be whatever you want.

What ya think Spektro?

Hi PhoneLine

Since version 1.7 of iBlacklist, people are asking me for this feature, but i had many other things to do in order to try to make the software as stable as the phone is without it installed. Now is time to integrate something like this into it, since it can be very handy to many, but completely useless to others. Just like the flip thing is now on this topic, some hate, some like... Thank you for remember me of this

21. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

PhoneLine (2008-06-29)

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice to hear! And thank you for the hard work!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast