Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PDF Viewer

Default PDF Viewer
    I just saw this app (PDF Viewer) in the Installer. After installing this, of course, I would like to give it a try but don't know where I should put my pdf files so this app can see/open them. Any one who knows how?

make a folder called PDF in your media folder. Add them their for now its only single pages.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to musicpenguy For This Useful Post:

DocGo (2007-10-14)

You should place them in /var/root/Media/PDF

Oh sweet.....that will come in very handy! Good place to place your manuals for networks, phone systems etc.....
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!

Not quite ready for primetime but a very good start. I tried the pinch method to make test bigger but refresh rate is slow and sometimes, the pinch method doesnt seem to work. Still, I am glad the maker of this app has thought about writing this app. Hoping for more updates with bug fixes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Its definitely a start! Glad to see this app show up, I think its something many of us have been looking for. Thank you!

Yep, nice to see the first dedicated PDF app. But as mentioned, a bit buggy and not as useable at the moment as I would hope (pinch caused weird screen stuff to occur on a number of occasions, and it sat on black trying to process a 8MB PDF for what seemed like forever before I gave up). I hope more updates arrive in the near future, but I'll have to stick to running lighttpd for viewing local pdfs for the moment.

I keep getting black screens and crashes.
    But this is from Erica (who created it and is letting Nate work on it):

I put together my PDF viewer a few weeks ago and then more or less abandoned it in the looming threat of 1.1.1. The other day, NerveGas said he was looking for a PDF viewer and I mentioned mine was available but incomplete. He has created an open source distribution over at Nate’s site and is updating and maintaining it for now.

The viewer supports landscape and portrait mode, scrolling and zooming.

Put your PDF media into /var/root/Media/PDF.

i only have blackscreen with my 200 kb pdfs. It also crashes every time when the title includes german umlaute "äüö" :-) but im very grateful and hope both is going to be fixed in the next version

greets from owl

Bummer, I was excited for a second. Was almost a useful app on the iphone... Unfortunately went to black screen then crashed for me too. Everytime.
    Iphoned & now using T-MO prepaid, Been playing w/ Apples for nearly 2 decades...

Thank You Erica for developing this PDF app, There has been a thread for this and now it has been answered. Now hopefully I can keep my pdf manuals, CAD drawings for my engineering work!

nice...goin to up load some of my course outlines to it...then i dont have ot look for them all the time over the internet...

Man, I tried to put my car's factory service manual on it. Each section is about 1-2mb. I opened one and it turned black, and after about 3 minutes just showed the top bar (AT&T, signal strength, time etc) repeating itself all the way down the screen. Then it went black, flashed the repeating signal bar, then crashed.

Awesome work, Version 0.3 was just released (http://pxl2.ibrickr.com/) - it's a really big step!!!
    I did open a 1200 pages file with it and it worked very well. Also it looks like further very useful improvements are coming.

I tried to read a PDF file with Pdfviewer and it only opened the first 3 pages. Does anybody knows how it can open the whole message

Version 0.3 works for me but it needs an option to go back and choose another file instead of exit and reload the program.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I've been reading some books I downloaded on PDF Viewer (in my opinion, this app blows Books.app out of the water).. What I'd really like to see in addition to a back to book selection button would be for the program to remember where your last were when you exited. It's just a little annoying having to scroll through 200+ pages to get to the part I'm at. This, of course, would also make the return to book selection button even more necessary, as the only way (that I'm aware of) to get back to the book selection is to exit the program and re-launch it. An alternative would be the ability to set bookmarks for a certain page that you could load to skip directly to that page.

Oh, and do the two button on the bottom work for anyone? Not the arrows, the other two.. A magnifying glass and four squares. I thought I read there was landscape support as well, I can't seem to get that to happen either.

Default nice
    can we get bookmarking ability???

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    I've been reading some books I downloaded on PDF Viewer (in my opinion, this app blows Books.app out of the water).. What I'd really like to see in addition to a back to book selection button would be for the program to remember where your last were when you exited. It's just a little annoying having to scroll through 200+ pages to get to the part I'm at. This, of course, would also make the return to book selection button even more necessary, as the only way (that I'm aware of) to get back to the book selection is to exit the program and re-launch it. An alternative would be the ability to set bookmarks for a certain page that you could load to skip directly to that page.

Oh, and do the two button on the bottom work for anyone? Not the arrows, the other two.. A magnifying glass and four squares. I thought I read there was landscape support as well, I can't seem to get that to happen either.
    I have pdfViewer 0.3 installed. Landscape and the two buttons don't work for mine too. Anybody know why ?

Hey you guys did you guys have it installed on iPhone 1.1.1? Cuz my 1.1.1 version, in my Installer there is only 0.2, if you guys installed it on 1.1.1 can you tell me how??? Thx a bunch in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast