Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ERROR Package Download failed!

Default ERROR Package Download failed!
    Every time I try to download an app. using Installer on my recently jailbroken iPhone 1.1.3 I always get this annoying message and can't download them. Can anybody help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

have you tried restarting your phone?? once is messes up once you have to exit the installer are you'll keep getting the same message. try waithing for awhile then try again

3. The Following User Says Thank You to slacker4_1 For This Useful Post:

georgieiphone (2008-04-04)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

have you ever gotten it to download anything successfully? if so, next time you go into installer, go into an app to install, hit install and when the menu comes up from the bottom, hit clear queue. see if that helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

Yes, I re-started my iPhone after trying to install a program and I also try to clear queue; it still does it. I want to install the PDF/DOC/XLS Viewer but it needs to install Lightpd & PHP. I successfully installed the Lightpd but everytime I try to install the PHP from Developement with the Installer I get that error message. (ERROR package download failed!)
    Before I succesfully installed a couple of other app. but I can't install the one I really want. Any help would be very appreciated! Thank you in advance. George.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

um if that's the case, i have no idea. i thought that if you've never been able to download anything successfully and that you've just recently rejailbroken that maybe it's a permission issue...

maybe someone else has encountered the problem and has a solution...sorry!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jtesnani For This Useful Post:

As a matter of fact, most of the time it does it when the app. says that it is coming from an untrusted source. Do you think that this would be the reason why it does not go through? Once again thank you for your help! George.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

no. you're still able to download apps from untrusted sources so that shouldn't be it. perhaps try restoring and jailbreaking again? i know that's always an undesirable option but i've run out of ideas...