Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: icrossword 0.2 not saving in 1.1.4

Default icrossword 0.2 not saving in 1.1.4
    i love the icrossword app and was using it regularly in my 1.1.2 build. but now that i've upgraded to 1.1.4 i cannot get the app to save puzzles. i can download them and get them into the correct folder. i can start a puzzle but once i exit to the homescreen the puzzle goes blank when i return. i've uninstalled the app, reinstalled, downloaded new puzzles, restarted the phone, and all to no avail. any help would be greatly appreciated. i am running a 1.1.4 unlocked iplus 2.0 iphone. thanks!

ira

SSH to folder where .puz files are stored.

chmod -R 0777 that directory.

Thanks for the reply Hungover. I didn't exactly knew what you meant with your reply, but i googled around until i figured out what you were saying. iCrossword is saving with no problems now. below are instructions for anyone else with the same problem.

Having trouble with iCrossword not saving your puzzles in 1.1.4 or any other firmware. Here are simple instructions to fix the problem.

On a Mac:

1. Locate your iphone IP address. Tap on settings, then WIFI. Tap the blue circle next to your chosen WIFI network. The IP address is listed there.

2. Open Terminal. It is in the subfolder Utilities, which is located in the Applications folder.

3. Type: ssh [email protected] of your iphone (the IP address you found in step 1)

4. For the password, type: alpine

5. Then simply type: chmod -R 0777 /var/mobile/Library/iCrossword/puz

and voila, the puzzles are saved.

ira
    Last edited by iraethan; 2008-04-02 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost