Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question and help.

Default Question and help.
    For people who didn't upgrade their iPhone to the newest version, what should be done at this point? Do we upgrade and get the newest version and now we are able to load back installer to get our apps back? I'm just seeing so many posts and don't know what to look at or do.

Any help here, would be much appreciated.

Thanks..

Marc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcf View Post
    For people who didn't upgrade their iPhone to the newest version, what should be done at this point? Do we upgrade and get the newest version and now we are able to load back installer to get our apps back? I'm just seeing so many posts and don't know what to look at or do.

Any help here, would be much appreciated.

Thanks..

Marc
    Apparently, if you're with AT&T and your phone is locked, you're fine to update and jailbreak your phone. If your phone is unlocked, like me, apparently we're stuck in limbo until and unless someone decides to make a fix for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Apparently, if you're with AT&T and your phone is locked, you're fine to update and jailbreak your phone. If your phone is unlocked, like me, apparently we're stuck in limbo until and unless someone decides to make a fix for us.
    Not true simfree users can now update to 1.1.1 check the announcements

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wat do u want to do with your phone? do u want to have 3rd apps and unlock? or just 3rd party apps?
     Think Different

Just want 3rd party apps....Sumerboard..does all that work? Also, are we just using installer? One last item...So, we go ahead and download the new version of iTunes as well as the firmware update, then do installer?

Thanks..

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    wat do u want to do with your phone? do u want to have 3rd apps and unlock? or just 3rd party apps?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Just want 3rd party apps....Sumerboard..does all that work? Also, are we just using installer? One last item...So, we go ahead and download the new version of iTunes as well as the firmware update, then do installer?

Thanks..

Marc
    I would keep the 1.0.2 firmware and install installer app. It's easier that way so u wont have to jailbreak the new firmware 1.1.1
     Think Different

So, what about getting itunes on the iPhone then? How should we do that?

I would keep the 1.0.2 firmware and install installer app. It's easier that way so u wont have to jailbreak the new firmware 1.1.1
    If I'm still on the 1.0.2 version what should i do in regards to getting itunes on the phone and using installer? Or is this something I should wait or not do..installing iTunes?

Any thoughts?

Thanks..

Marc

Last edited by marcf; 2007-10-11 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks..

Marc
    See this thread, its not that hard to jailbreak if you follow the directions. There is also a current working/non working app list there. Most apps work but summerboard does not, however you can still scroll through the 3rd party apps because the new firmware has that function built into the springboard. I am sure most apps will be updating soon since we have made this much progress

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9322