Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What are the Battery Draining Apps?

Default What are the Battery Draining Apps?
    it would be great if someone can tell me which apps drain the battery the quickest and run in the background. (Besides SSH lol) For example any apps that you uninstalled and your battery life increased.

Justing trying to improve my battery life.
    Last edited by nirav464; 2008-04-01 at 01:44 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

everything you use drains battery my friend =]
    for me its mostly ssh that drains mine and that simon says wannabe game

ya everything is does drain the battery but which one of those drains it the quickest lol

I've heard iPhysics continues running even if you close it.
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Thanks

I noticed that when I am playing music and think I am closing out of the iPod it will drain my battery. When I pause the payer there is a black flag that says "Now Playing" in teh upper right corner of the screen. Even if I put the iPhone into sleep mode the battery will drain much more rapidly. What I found is that after pausing the music to continually press the "back" key until I land at the main iPod menu, then close out of the iPod. The batter lasts much longer. This can be a pain on some of my longer playlists though. The only other option i found is to completely power off the iPhone and turn it back on again to get the iPod to close out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I find that playing a game in combination with listening to interent radio drains drains drains.

Quote Originally Posted by WyldPhoenix View Post
    Why SSH ?
    It monitors outside attempts to SSH into the iPhone and it allows them to SSH in the first place. Using BossPrefs, Services, or NetServices to turn SSH out will save battery life and also give you some security.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I noticed that when I am playing music and think I am closing out of the iPod it will drain my battery. When I pause the payer there is a black flag that says "Now Playing" in teh upper right corner of the screen. Even if I put the iPhone into sleep mode the battery will drain much more rapidly. What I found is that after pausing the music to continually press the "back" key until I land at the main iPod menu, then close out of the iPod. The batter lasts much longer. This can be a pain on some of my longer playlists though. The only other option i found is to completely power off the iPhone and turn it back on again to get the iPod to close out.
    yep this happened to me to but I can give you an easier way to end the iPod.app. Install SysInfo from installer and tap processes and tap MobileiPod and tap kill to end that process.

Thanks for replying though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nirav464 For This Useful Post:

bhz1 (2008-04-01)

Thanks

Thanks! I have UIctl and wasnt sure which service to stop. I'll install Sys Info and try that.

ssh
    insomnia
    you tube
    ipod
    john tool

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    I've heard iPhysics continues running even if you close it.
    Hold down the Home button until you're back at your Home screen to actually close an app.