Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BossPrefs 1.60: Fix mail app, notes issue, cookies, summerboard themes.

Default BossPrefs 1.60: Fix mail app, notes issue, cookies, summerboard themes.
    I have finally gotten around to starting the advanced features of BossPrefs. In v1.60, I have added a "more" button at the top and this brings up a new screen that will give you some new options. I will revamp the GUI in the future and plan to heavily expand this over time.

But the most notable new button is the "Fix User Dir Permissions" button. This will solve many issue on 1.1.3/4 such as:

* Mail app crashes on load.
    * SummerBoard themes icons won't work (respring after running the button for the selected theme to work). Note: most these are Skylars themes.
    * Notes DB not saving
    * Cookies won't save

I figured I'd at least notify everyone of this as these are major known issues that seem to occur frequently.

The rest of the BossPrefs change log can be found here: http://iphone.sleepers.net/moreinfo/bossprefs.php

The guide to creating your own plugins can be found here:
    http://sleepers.net/blog/?page_id=30
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

Regarding the "disable springboard screenshot" on the more button. Does the new version of bossprefs turn this on, because I found that it was off by default. Also the new version of Caterpillar 1.2 has an on/off switch for this. I prefer the Capture software myself so I leave this in the off position in Caterpillar.
    8gb 2G iPhone 2.1 (Pwned)

It defaults to disable if the key is already installed and to enable if it is not.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

m.o.r. (2008-03-31)

hi Bigboss,

i was reading your bossprefs guide in your blog & i was just hoping you could tell me what to input on the fields on the Add Service page for a switch to reboot the iphone.

i know that by typing reboot in terminal it executes the command but i don't know how that command translates to the bossprefs Add Services configuration. i know sysinfo app does a reboot command but i would rather just use your great multi-tasking app for this.

Try this:

Title: Reboot
    Start: /sbin/reboot
    Stop: asdf
    Running: asdf
    icon: (leave blank).

Basically follow my guide for making the respring button but use /sbin/reboot instead. This assumes your reboot file is located in /sbin. If not you need to adjust it to where it's located.
    -BigBoss

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBoss For This Useful Post:

m.o.r. (2008-03-31)

Bigboss,
    I looked through your created threads but I couldn't find a relevant one. I tried your iPhone 1.1.4 youtube fix to no success. It may be because I am on a touch. I jailbroke an upgraded 1.1.4 through iLiberty. Your applications I've used have worked great, and thanks for that.

Sorry to be a bit off topic. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    Try this:

Title: Reboot
    Start: /sbin/reboot
    Stop: asdf
    Running: asdf
    icon: (leave blank).
    thanks Bigboss! the new Reboot switch works like a charm!
    and big thanks for your continuing efforts in further improving all your app releases.