Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone direct me to...

Default Can someone direct me to...
    the ringtone program someone posted here that allows you to convert songs into ringtones right on your iPhone? I have been searching for it and since I do not know the name of it, I cannot seem to locate it here. Even a link to the repository would be cool. It had a splash screen with Halen's guitar on it. Cheers

No one? It was popular a week or two ago and loads of people were commenting on the thread here, loving the program, but it seems to have vanished.
    Last edited by RetardoCrisp; 2008-03-30 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

here's what you do for ringtones. this only works on rinetones that you did not purchase on itunes. step 1. open up itunes and pick a song. right click that song /get info/options you will see a start time and a stop there. pick any time in the song you want, but you can only make a 30 sec clip and click ok. step 2. that same song right click again and convert to AAC. that wiil make a 30 sec copy of the song below the original. step 3. right click the 30 sec song / show in windows explorer. that will bring up a folder where the song is. when you pull up the folder the 30sec clip song should already be high lighted. you're gonna change the last letter at the end of the song to a r. (example 001song.m4a) change to (001song.m4r) that will chane the song to a m peg 4 to a ringtone. drag that ringtone to your ringtone section of your itunes and thats it. you have a ringtone and no hacking.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gbarielmoreno For This Useful Post:

RetardoCrisp (2008-03-30)

I found the app I was asking about. It is called Jamendo and it does all that for you right on the fly in the phone.