Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm not getting my mrmory reserve back after uninstalling with installer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Default I'm not getting my mrmory reserve back after uninstalling with installer
    Is there a cache somewhere to clear, or something I need to delete? I noticed using mobile finder that some files like taptap and navizon as well as a few others don't uninstall completely so I went in and removed them myself.

I've removed most of what I have installed to start over, but I have not re-gained a bit of my reserve space back. I am still at 100 mb of free space when looking at the bottom of installer.

Do you think this is attributed to the update making the files I already have larger such as customize, for instance? (or NES) A lot has been added to it in the updates, but I haven't taken advantage of the recent updates as far as strings and sounds go. It doesn't appear to have gained any weight as far as I can see.
    Last edited by one1; 2007-10-08 at 12:44 AM.

How much memory should be there with no apps installed?

I'm pretty sure the remainder of the user memory space isn't whatever the iphone is rated for minus OS files.

Curious. I havent noticed this issue on my phone until this thread.
    I just use winscp to manually delete the files and then reset the phone this corrects the memory issue on installer