Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Package Download Failed"

Default "Package Download Failed"
    I have recently upgraded to 1.1.4 through Ziphone and now when I try to install some app through installer, it says "PACKAGE DOWNLOAD FAILED" I have shutdown my iphone, still the problem stays. I have also refresh installer but it didnt change anything and message is still appearing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

OH the irony.....

Thread fail too. wrong forum, not searching, oversized letters like no one can see it or something. try again another day............

I was having the same problem yesterday. This was a brand new phone I used ZiPhone on just a few days ago. I uninstalled Summerboard because I got in on Customize 2.0 then realized I needed Summerboard for the wallpaper. I went to reinstall it and no matter how many times I rebooted it still said Package Download Failed. All of my searching turned up the same "update your sources they are out of date" and "reboot that solves it". Bollocks I just put it on a few days ago. But for grins and giggles I updated all of my sources.... BIG surprise same exact issue, Package Download Failed... So running out of things to do I said eff it. Plugged it back into my Mac and started up ZiPhone and "re" jailbroke it, rebooted the phone and tada it worked. So I say try redoing the ZiPhone jailbreak and see if that solves your issue.

OH the irony.....

Thread fail too. wrong forum, not searching, oversized letters like no one can see it or something. try again another day............
    What's so ironic? Why the wrong form? It's an installer.app issue. A native app...
    As I said above I tried searching and the only suggestions were reboot and update sources, neither of which work. This guy clearly states at least trying one of those two things. How do you know his problem isn't the same? Maybe if you tried to help people would find more useful information in their searches.
    Last edited by NoValidTitle; 2008-03-26 at 09:22 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mfleigle's Avatar
    Thanks

It happens to when on certain apps that check to see if I am downloading from their official source or iappcat. Cydia always gives me the error.