Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customize Springboard strings question

Default Customize Springboard strings question
    My installer application updated Customize for me, and now I see a Springboard strings thing in customize. From looking at it, i figured that it was soemthing which changed the text of my stuff. But how does it work is my question. I changed the unlock slider to something, but it still kept saying slide to unlock. Nothing changed even when I restarted. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Happened to me too.. try hitting return after you type it in.. it worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    Happened to me too.. try hitting return after you type it in.. it worked for me
    Hey. I just tried this, but its still not working for me. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

you have to restart springboard, or reboot your phone

Quote Originally Posted by Benjic View Post
    you have to restart springboard, or reboot your phone
    But this application is not in Springboard. It's in Customize??

He means the desktop of the iphone which is referred to as the springboard, needs to be reloaded for the change to take affect.... an application like smbpref automatically reloads the springboard for you but with customize and the springboard strings you have to do it yourelf, so after changing the string in customize hit enter then turn off your phone off then back on so the springboard gets reloaded and your changes take effect

Anyone know if customize could add a startup noise? Like the apple startup tone for instance?