Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: development halt

Default development halt
    hey anyone know why the development seemed like it has come to a big halt? No summerboared updates or anything. What is going on?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Taking their time to release the next big thing?

Contacted by a cadre of Apple's lawyers from the bowels of Hades?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin87 View Post
    hey anyone know why the development seemed like it has come to a big halt? No summerboared updates or anything. What is going on?
    Maybe it's pointless going forward until they have a fix for the 1.1.1 firmware? Why develop something that has no future use.

yea, thats what I was thinking. It's sad that apple is not letting people develop. If they alowed it there would be some very inyeresting things out there.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin87 View Post
    yea, thats what I was thinking. It's sad that apple is not letting people develop. If they alowed it there would be some very inyeresting things out there.
    yea that
     Think Different

I think it's a combination of:
    -Working one 1.1.1
    -Waiting for 1.1.1
    -Getting bored
    -The weather
    =D

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure its a mix of working on getting 1.1.1 to work and waiting for 1.1.1 to work b/c of the uncertainty of what will come.

Sure seems like Apple poured cold water on the whole 3rd party apps scene. I seriously doubt this helped sell more iPhones, or sell more AT&T contracts, or helped their image... just pisses me off.

Very few updates on Installer. Almost sad to check anymore. New apps have slowed down too. And keep in mind many of the newer apps weren't from people working on hacking the firmware. So those people aren't suddenly busy hacking 1.1.1, or at least I highly doubt it.

And I sure the hell will not be thrilled when they (Apple) say, "Look, you can buy PacMan through iTunes now!"

--
    Mike
    Last edited by Tinman; 2007-10-05 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Sure seems like Apple poured cold water on the whole 3rd party apps scene. I seriously doubt this helped sell more iPhones, or sell more AT&T contracts, or helped their image... just pisses me off.

Very few updates on Installer. Almost sad to check anymore. New apps have slowed down too. And keep in mind many of the newer apps weren't from people working on hacking the firmware. So those people aren't suddenly busy hacking 1.1.1, or at least I highly doubt it.

And I sure the hell will not be thrilled when they (Apple) say, "Look, you can buy PacMan through iTunes now!"

--
    Mike
    yep, you know its coming. I think in 20 years there will be iHomes, where you are monitored 24/7 by Steve Jobs, Have to use iTunes to purchase food, toilet paper...etc, will have no windows to look at other (better) homes that were cheaper around you....and the best part, your iHome will not be upgradable and any problems with it must be looked at by a certified iHome tech (who also resembles a hippy). But even after all that, you will still remain a loyal iSucker and purchase the new and improved iHome every year. woo, that was a good rant...k im done
    Really?

If it hasnt already, I know in the very very near future they are releasing super mario bros for the iphone, available on itunes...

I have an iHome...shhh, Steve is sleeping.....