Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: imFlow - a coverflow based image browser - discussion

Default imFlow - a coverflow based image browser - discussion
    Taking this out of the app release forum section... See the release announcements thread here.

I'm making a bunch of improvements and have a test version up for people to try out:

(binary removed, see newer version later in thread)

This has improved image quality for photo albums, new loader changes to improve startup behavior, and some changes to the animation handling. I'm also interested in hearing if it helps any of the crash cases, but I haven't made many changes to address that yet.

Last edited by Cobra; 2008-04-14 at 04:56 AM. Reason: remove older test binary

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra For This Useful Post:

antonis7588 (2010-09-07)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So just open original file in notepad and replace all text with binary above?

Quote Originally Posted by annual View Post
    So just open original file in notepad and replace all text with binary above?
    Oooh, no. If you're not familiar with manually installing apps, you should wait for the next release on Installer. This requires saving the binary, renaming your current imFlow binary on the phone, and copying this test version on to the phone.

There is a new alpha version today and testing is appreciated.

http://e.kevb.net/files/iphone/imFlow_085a (binary only, just swap it with your ImFlow.app/imFlow file, and match permissions if your download changes them)

This has a new album selector for camera images (iphone) and photo albums. Photo browsing in coverflow also has higher resolution once the flow motion stops.

Please let me know what you think. If you have a crash problem, please let me know and we'll collect a crashdump from your phone to analyze.

well i put in the binary file into the imflow folder and i set the permissions to 0755. Nothing at all. I dont see anything just camera roll. So can you please help me out on this.m either lost or im doing something wrong.

well it works great fast but i need it too flip my pictures so it looks right.. when u think that be soon i hope..

Quote Originally Posted by chinosoflyy198 View Post
    well i put in the binary file into the imflow folder and i set the permissions to 0755. Nothing at all. I dont see anything just camera roll. So can you please help me out on this.m either lost or im doing something wrong.
    Make sure and rename the imFlow_085a to imFlow after you put it in the application directory. Use:

mv imFlow_085a imFlow

You should see a screen like the screen shot above to choose an album. How many albums do you see when you use the Apple image browser?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    well it works great fast but i need it too flip my pictures so it looks right.. when u think that be soon i hope..
    Would you be more specific about what way you want the pictures to flip? I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cobra; 2008-04-14 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    Make sure and rename the imFlow_085a to imFlow after you put it in the application directory. Use:

mv imFlow_085a imFlow

You should see a screen like the screen shot above to choose an album. How many albums do you see when you use the Apple image browser?

Would you be more specific about what way you want the pictures to flip? I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks!
    Think he's referring to when you select an image, can you have the image to be shown as if it is being viewed in the Photos.app, almost like in the full screen view I guess is the best way to try and describe it.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I do not understand on how to add this binary... when i click on the link it just takes me to a page with a whole bunch of different characters, is it suppose to do that? please help as I want to try this out...

and when running this app, it runs kind of slow, i have about 115 images on my camera roll, is that why?
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

right click save on hard drive, then SSH into phone, send to phone in Inflow directory, delete or copy the old version to your hard drive, then delete off phone, rename the file correctly to the name and wala it works
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dallasnights For This Useful Post:

Gom33 (2008-04-14)

I have it installed and working...it sees all the albums correctly and coverflow works nicely. My images don't auto-rotate with the screen though...the status bar changes, so I know the phone is sensing the orientation change, but the image doesn't rotate, so all of my images are compressed left to right, and stretched top to bottom. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Tim

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    right click save on hard drive, then SSH into phone, send to phone in Inflow directory, delete or copy the old version to your hard drive, then delete off phone, rename the file correctly to the name and wala it works
    Thanks for your help... i was running firefox so couldn't right click and save, so i did it on IE and it works fine now... thanks so much bro! and i made sure to give you a thank you...
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Quote Originally Posted by zoolan70 View Post
    I have it installed and working...it sees all the albums correctly and coverflow works nicely. My images don't auto-rotate with the screen though...the status bar changes, so I know the phone is sensing the orientation change, but the image doesn't rotate, so all of my images are compressed left to right, and stretched top to bottom. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Tim
    Yes, that's all it does so far for individual image viewing.

ok i got it. I love it. great thing so far. so now i have a quick question cobra how about if you can link this app to snapture so we can use this imflow as our photo album. is that possible. just curious and if it could happen. One last suggestion you should implement a go back button so we dont have to go pressing the home button and then end up on springboard just to go back to the app. Hope this is implemented soon. thanks and great app. hoipefully you would consider what i said earlier with linking snapture. if it is available.

That's a cool idea... snapture could use a browser that it can load and return from. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ok so I copied the file into the imflow folder... renamed it but when I run the program all I get is a white screen then it goes back to home screen... what did I do wrong?

Update: Do Not Delete the Old imFlow... Just replace it then it works fine.

It would how ever be nice if the picture sizes didn't come out distorted, and there was a back button

When will we see the Beta Version come out?

OK so the pictures the iphone takes don't get distorted they fill the full screen my photos in landscape only use 1/3 of the screen why?
    Last edited by persichini; 2008-04-18 at 08:31 PM.

Yes, I think the next area of improvement will be the full size image viewer. It has some rotation issues also.

Any updates to this great APP, love to try out the newest beta let us know

thanks for the great work!

It only shows the Camera Roll and not my Photo Library, this is the new beta I am talking about, can anyone help, thanks all
    Last edited by dallasnights; 2008-04-26 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Hi Dallas,

So you don't see something like:

when you try the most recent binary? I've only posted the sample binary so far:

http://e.kevb.net/files/iphone/imFlow_085a (save as imFlow and swap it with the executable on your phone.)
    Last edited by Cobra; 2008-04-27 at 06:35 PM.

did what you said, it shows Camera roll only not my photo library, please advise and thank you

PS
    you might want to add the new wallpaper app directory as well

thanks

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast